Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Life Coach?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

does anyone know if there is one of the above based in Galway?

I am looking for some career advice and have heard that they can be fantastic.

thanks
    Kitten
    xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

Sherifu wrote: »

thanks for that...

i was hoping someone could give me a personal recommendation...?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You're welcome. Unfortunately i've never used one so i'm no use to you there i'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Sherifu wrote: »
    Unfortunately i've never used one so i'm no use to you there i'm afraid.

ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I can tell you what to do for free.
    Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I went to a career guidance person in Dublin a few months ago, she was well recommended, apparently the best in her field, I paid her a fortune (can't remember exactly how much but it was in the range of 500 - 700 euro) , went to her a few times, did personality / aptitute tests etc. and she told me nothing I didn't already know. I was in a job that I hated (which I knew) and needed to get out (which I knew), what I did need was practical help in changing my career which apparently was outside the scope of career guidance. For me it was a huge waste of time and money. Having said that, perhaps if I had no idea what my interests were and no idea what my strengths were it might have been of some help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

personally id reccomend kevin kelly his details are on his website kevinkellyunlimited.com, ive found him to be great in the past, i know his two books are on sale too in easons in the self help section, he lives out barna direction

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

http://findyourgreatness.com/lifecoaching.php

It's run by a friend of mine, Jason. I'll see if I can give out his number if you'd rather contact that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 scaradhg

u need to get away on ur own-write down what uve done in life and wat u hope to do....u dont need to spend money on sumone whos gonna tell u exactly wat ur gonna figure out with time-theres something there for everyone....Just be glad to be alive and well...the trail opens many doors....up to u to open them and explore.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Theres xynergie I think they're called in the liosbaun ind estate.

• Advertisement

scaradhg wrote: »
    u need to get away on ur own-write down what uve done in life and wat u hope to do....u dont need to spend money on sumone whos gonna tell u exactly wat ur gonna figure out with time-theres something there for everyone....Just be glad to be alive and well...the trail opens many doors....up to u to open them and explore.....

Ive tried that - the problem I have is that I have done sales for 6 years and really have no idea what i'd like to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

ignite you might be thinking of Mr Burke :D
    www.ignitecoach.com

ARGINITE wrote: »
    ignite you might be thinking of Mr Burke :D
    www.ignitecoach.com

cheers for that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Serial Killing is a lucrative business from what I've heard.

Harold Shipman wasn't short a bob or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

I'm guessing a lot of them will just give you versions of Myers-Briggs tests etc. ie along the lines of http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp or the like.

tristanc wrote: »
    I'm guessing a lot of them will just give you versions of Myers-Briggs tests etc. ie along the lines of http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp or the like.

well according to that i'd make a good counselor or work in social services!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 scaradhg

Ive tried that - the problem I have is that I have done sales for 6 years and really have no idea what i'd like to do.
    wud ya try a course?maybe night course or try a new hobby..maybe sculpture r writing?or maybe even try retail?o how abt maybe taking out a loan and travel....the world is ur oyster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Get a Paul McKenna book 'change your life in 7 days' I thought it was really good.. Comes with a CD too for self hypnosis.

scaradhg wrote: »
    wud ya try a course?maybe night course or try a new hobby..maybe sculpture r writing?or maybe even try retail?o how abt maybe taking out a loan and travel....the world is ur oyster

Yeah im looking into doing some sort of course but not sure what yet! Have done the retail thing - dont wanna go back to late nights and weekends!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭tristanc

well according to that i'd make a good counselor or work in social services!

Volunteer a bit at a shelter or a help line, see how it suits ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dickburn

i was hoping someone could give me a personal recommendation...?

All they use is pop psychology.

You could become a life coach, all you need is a weekend to get qualified

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

Does it explain why people need to spam a 5 month old thread?:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement