Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

which console

• 22-04-2008 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

sorry for double posting but no overall console threads

i am currently deciding upon which console i should buy

playstation 3
    top spec?
    proven brand and i have a number of playstation2 games
    none of my mates have it

xbox360
    no bluray
    most of my mates have this
    could it become obselete soon? replaced with better version?

Wii
    better to play with friends
    some of my mates have it
    concerns over playability of games like pro evo with those controllers

not sure where to post this.. hopefully i dont have to put it in three different places

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

If you're really after the blu-ray then get the ps3 but for pure gaming pleasure then get the xbox and a live subscription and play online with your mates. It's a fantastic gaming console and there is a huge library of good games. Wii gets very boring after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

PS3:

Probably the top spec machine out of the 3, Blue ray is now taking over in the film market.
    Games mightn't be as solid as xbox 360 but there are some games coming along that are as good as the xbox 360 exclusives like halo 3....and maybe even better.
    You might have to spend some time setting up games on your ps3 hard drive but go and make a cup of tea!
    PS Network, might not be as good as xbox live but it will shape up with time.
    PS2 games, not supported as well as they should be, you should keep your ps2!

Xbox 360:

Cheaper but your getting equivilant performance and a better online system with xbox live.
    Good rang of games and a better bonus content system than PS3 offer.
    No blu ray though but it's a console at the end of the day.
    Plays dvds very well!
    Well priced accessories and the controller is a lot better than the ps3s imo! ... more ergenomic!

Wii:

It's a second machine not a primary console.
    Buy this to take up some of the time you won't be playing one of the above two.
    Some good games but it can be a bit of a novelty for a while...then you don't play it.

This thread could go on forever, so the best thing to do is research for yourself first hand. I'm sure you have mates that have one of them, pop over and have a go and ask q's while your there.

It's always best to make up your own mind!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

There's a long thread in the games forum about the two consoles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I've the 360 n PS3... Only got the PS3 2 weeks ago. Its my second time to buy one, sold my first as there where no good games around at the time and the online service was pants..

2nd time around... Online service is still pants and there's only a few games on it that interest me.

I much prefar my 360, way more games and a far far better online experience.. And the joypad is much better in my opinion.. I'd happily pay €60 for an online experience on the PS3 that rivaled the 360..

For right now I'd go for the 360... You'll enjoy it way more. By the end of the year there "should" be a good few decent games out for the PS3 and if the roumered remodeling and change to the cell and gfx chips comes about it could drop in price too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

this is getting old.

if you havent got either console now at this stage, ur not really a gamer so just go 4 the "casual gamer console" the wii & STOP posting threads that have been posted at least 500 times before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Do you like FPS games? If most of your mates have 360s and you like shooters (or racing games), I don't think you can really go wrong with a 360 tbh, you'll be able to play online with them and have a great selection of games to pick from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I Have a 360 and i love it, also have a wii, its fun but Like D3UC3 J3 said, after a while it becomes a dust collector, i found that after 2 months i dont play it anymore. Only rarely at parties.

At the moment 360 is Dirt cheap so id reccomend one until Sony get their online in gear and some solid games appear for the ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well first of all you posted this thread in the Xbox forum and Nintendo forum (but not Playstation forum!), so-

(a) You've already decided on a PS3, and want to know pros/cons of other 2, or
    (b) You've decided NOT to get a PS3, and want help to decide which one out of the other 2. :)

The fact that PS3 was first on your list leads me to think its option (a)

The problem is when you post in an Xbox forum, everyone is going to go "Get xbox get xbox get xbox". When you post in Nintendo forum, everyone will say "Get wii get wii get wii".

Not exactly a balanced way to making a decision. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tanora78

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

Mr E wrote: »
    Well first of all you posted this thread in the Xbox forum and Nintendo forum (but not Playstation forum!), so-

(a) You've already decided on a PS3, and want to know pros/cons of other 2, or
    (b) You've decided NOT to get a PS3, and want help to decide which one out of the other 2. :)

The fact that PS3 was first on your list leads me to think its option (a)

The problem is when you post in an Xbox forum, everyone is going to go "Get xbox get xbox get xbox". When you post in Nintendo forum, everyone will say "Get wii get wii get wii".

Not exactly a balanced way to making a decision. :)

Or maybe he didn't think of that at all and your logic is as flawed as his posting! lol

But in any case he should get the 360. NO more equitable informative posts.

360 FTW! w00t!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

bonkers wrote: »
    xbox360
    no bluray
    most of my mates have this
    could it become obselete soon? replaced with better version?

Any current generation console could be replaced with a better version in the near future. That's the nature of technology.

The 360 remains the best option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think microsofts online multiplayer TAX should also be mentioned.60 a year at the mo but it may rise in the not too distant future......

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

i think ive resolved to get the xbox..

played pro evo on it today far superior to what i have experienced on ps2 naturally.. also heard some good things about linking xbox with windows media centre pc and the strength of xbox live

thanks for all ya help.. and if you know of any good deals on xboxes do let me know

whats the big diff between 360 and 360elite.. is it just hd space.. and is there any must have accessories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bonkers wrote: »
    whats the big diff between 360 and 360elite.. is it just hd space..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360#Comparison_of_features

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I think microsofts online multiplayer TAX should also be mentioned.60 a year at the mo but it may rise in the not too distant future......

Yes but at least MS have proper online play and features etc., PS3 online is not good at all.. It May be in the future but for not the 60 for a year and decent online play is great.

Anyway its only €60!!!, Thats only a fiver a month, Just put €2 away a week and by the time its time to renew, youll have more than that and you wont even notice it gone!

Im sick and tired of people bi**hing about paying for online Play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tanora78

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement