Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Selling Tips

Options
  • 22-04-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hey All,

I'm going to be selling my Celica in the next few weeks (it's going to kill me)

I have a few straches on the front and back bumper, and I'm wondering in general is it better to fix the straches before selling it? or should I just drop the price?

any replies would be great thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭themullet

To be honest Dallas I wouldn't bother doing anything with them. It wouldn't be worth it. If I was buying a car I would almost expect there to be scratches on the bumpers. As long as there are no serious dints or cuts, I wouldn't bother. And they shouldn't affect your selling price really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

well cleicas are a hard car to sell , once theres a service history , no stupid halford exhaust , aldi electric speakers etc in it should sell easy with or withour scratchs.... though they will cut the price by having them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

themullet wrote: »
    To be honest Dallas I wouldn't bother doing anything with them. It wouldn't be worth it. If I was buying a car I would almost expect there to be scratches on the bumpers. As long as there are no serious dints or cuts, I wouldn't bother. And they shouldn't affect your selling price really

sorry, but this is just WRONG..........only people with no brain or sense view a car, see damage and accept it - 98% on the other hand will haggle and demand a drop in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

dont drop the askig price but be prepared to when asked to drop it. You can expect 98% to be looking for something to haggle with anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

op can you link us some pics/ price? like carzone.ie few minor scratches can be acceptable as long as the damage isn't too deep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,990 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

It also depends a lot on the quality of the repair. With plastic bumpers they are hard to repaint properly, so if getting it repaired yourself it could cost a bit. If you get it done badly then it'll look worst then a few light scratches.

It depends on how much you want to spend to sell the car, but stick it in with the scratches and if people want too much money off look into getting it sorted yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Celica's are very hard to sell unless they're in good condition, have a service history and are a good colour.

Post photos to show us the scratches.
    themullet wrote: »
    If I was buying a car I would almost expect there to be scratches on the bumpers.
    ok then... I wouldn't buy a car if there were sratches on it, it shows that the owner wasn't carefull and doesn't care because they were never fixed up.

Advertisement