Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Final Cylon? Bragging rights, colours to mast, money where mouth etc...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think there is something different about the final cylon from the other four, not just the ordinary skinjobs. The 4 on the fleet like the skinjobs were sleeper agents who were activated via a signal in the nebula and they had no idea they were cylons until that moment.

Also the 4 received another signal on Galactica to go check Starbuck's viper which would suggest that somebody or something is pulling the strings in the background. Is it the final cylon or is there are a third unknown race at work here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

My current theory is that Starbuck somehow caused the destruction on the planet after her little dissappearing act ... The planet, despite the efforts to disguise it by the writers, I do believe to be Earth...

Thus Startbuck can deliver on her Harbinger of Destruction role and still allowing her not to destroy the rest of the fleet, get pregnant with a Cylon hybrid and play a role in the creation of a new civilisation ... also the destruction of the 13th tribe is preparing / cleansing the way for the birth of a new civilisation ...

The final Cylon is probably Kendra ... like has been theorised ... who is sending a signal to the other 4 and Starbuck's Viper ... she is just too damn cool a character not to be used again ...

The important line in the dialogue of S4E10 (or is it E12?) is "... for a child to reach its full potential its parents have to die" ... I used to think this was basically how the Cylons rationalised their actions ... but now I'm beginning to think it could be that the "parents" are in fact the Cylons and Humans ... and the "children" a new race will be the hyrids of both (remembering there are at least two in the fleet with Hera and the Chief's nipper ... and the six is pregnant ... albeit by another Cylon) ... and they will settle on Earth ... possibly even decide to technically regress ... thus allowing all this to have happened in our distant past ... and for us to be the offspring ...

Fits nicely with the song also ... Joker and Thief = The two riders = Cylons and Humans ... Princes in their towers watching them approach out of the desert = 13th tribe ... Gathering storm ("and the wind began to howl") ... the destruction of the 13th tribe

... the confusion, the businessmen drinking the wine and ploughmen digging the earth with no understanding of its value, life being a joke ... all points the way to a new morality or Balthar's one god religion ...

But hey my guess is as good as anyone else's :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

bazz26 wrote: »
    somebody or something is pulling the strings in the background
    I was vaguely thinking that the hybrids were, collectively, the puppet-masters but 'Unknown Cylon #5' makes sense too.

That would mean that:
    'Unknown Cylon #5' is fully conscious of its situation and plan

The original attack was part of the master-plan (was thinking it was the known 7 on the rampage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Someone is definitely pulling the strings, like where the frack did starbucks viper come from and who sent the colonial signal that the viper picked up.

Someone sent her back so that eventually the fleet would find earth.

robby^5 wrote: »
    Someone is definitely pulling the strings, like where the frack did starbucks viper come from and who sent the colonial signal that the viper picked up.

Someone sent her back so that eventually the fleet would find earth.

Is it really Starbuck though? We all saw her viper destroyed in Season 3. Are we actually dealing with a clone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

My current theory is that Starbuck somehow caused the destruction on the planet after her little dissappearing act ... ....:p
    Good theory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I don't think there are puppet masters, or a higher power at work.

"All this has happened before and all will happen again"

I believe that events have been predicted rather than controlled. The old civilisation of humans (us) created Cylons, which we went to war with, were nearly wiped out but then settled happily on the 12 colonies. But since they knew this would happen again they set up all these events to lead the humans and Cylons back to Earth.

There is alot of coincidences though which can't be explained with this theroy. But I think the writers wont explain them. The only thing which is really contrary to it is Starbucks new Viper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I don't think there are puppet masters, or a higher power at work.
    so where do head baltar and six fit in, looks like there are puppet masters aright.
    Also with starbucks old viper meant to be turning up on earth it certainly looks like there's someone else other there moving the pieces.
    I still suspect a race of super intelligent daggetts are the running the whole thing.

so where do head baltar and six fit in, looks like there are puppet masters aright.
    Also with starbucks old viper meant to be turning up on earth it certainly looks like there's someone else other there moving the pieces.
    I still suspect a race of super intelligent daggetts are the running the whole thing.
    They're really the only things I can't explain. But I think that head Baltar and head Six are part of their own subconcious. Head Six was Baltar trying to find a way of dealing with the guilt of destroying the human race.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

They're really the only things I can't explain. But I think that head Baltar and head Six are part of their own subconcious. Head Six was Baltar trying to find a way of dealing with the guilt of destroying the human race.

But we have seen that head six is more than just in Baltar's head. When she lifted him up after he was being beaten by the guards,there was so way Baltar could pick himself up like that. She has some physical presence.

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    But we have seen that head six is more than just in Baltar's head. When she lifted him up after he was being beaten by the guards,there was so way Baltar could pick himself up like that. She has some physical presence.
    Nah, I reckon that was in his head as well. She has hit and touched him plenty since the start but I still think its just his subconcious. She's only ever been a physical presence toward him, never to anyone or anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

OK, so what about when Head 6 seemingly appeared to everyone with the evidence about Baltar being a traitor, and then just disappeared again - back into Baltar's head :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

^How do you know that was Head-Six?

Anyways, I agree with the theory that Head-Six is / was his guilty subconscious (rather than a Chip or a projection from a 3rd party). I guess she doesn't exist anymore since Baltar founded his church and believes God has absolved him of his sins.

Hopefully, we'll see her again though :)

Baltar already had Doc Cottle do an MRI scan on him early in Season 2 which found no chip implant.

Also we don't actually know for sure if the Caprica 6 on Galactica who accused him of conspiring with the Cylons in the same episode actually was Head 6.

The interesting things though about Baltar and 6 is that even though Head 6 seems to be part of this subconcious, there was a familiarity between him and the various 6 models thoughout the series:
    • For example, the Natalie 6 who was held captive on Pegasus recognised and reached out to him despite being severly tortured.
    • Also when the cylons landed on New Caprica, stood in front of President Baltar and accepted his surrender, Caprica 6 almost broke into tears and acknowledged him with familiarity.
    • Another example is after the escape from New Caprica when he was on the baseship Baltar and Caprica 6 became very close.
    This would suggest that Head 6 is real in sort of form and uploading her memories to the other 6 models without actually resurecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bazz26 wrote: »

The interesting things though about Baltar and 6 is that even though Head 6 seems to be part of this subconcious, there was a familiarity between him and the various 6 models thoughout the series:
    • For example, the Natalie 6 who was held captive on Pegasus recognised and reached out to him despite being severly tortured.
    • Also when the cylons landed on New Caprica, stood in front of President Baltar and accepted his surrender, Caprica 6 almost broke into tears and acknowledged him with familiarity.
    • Another example is after the escape from New Caprica when he was on the baseship Baltar and Caprica 6 became very close.
    This would suggest that Head 6 is real in sort of form and uploading her memories to the other 6 models without actually resurecting.

Caprica 6 was the 6 who originally fell in love with Baltar back on Caprica and was resurrected in "Downloaded". She didn't need a memory upload in order to be close to him. Gina/Pegasus 6 only responded to him because he was the only one who was kind to her, but even then, she wasn't able to love him in the way that Caprica 6 loved him.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The 6 held on Pegasus was Gina. Natalie is a different 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Nah, I reckon that was in his head as well. She has hit and touched him plenty since the start but I still think its just his subconcious. She's only ever been a physical presence toward him, never to anyone or anything else.

the other incidents where she hits him could have been in his head,but the way he was lifted up,he wouldn't have been able to do that himself,not unless he was Jim Carrey! :p

The 6 held on Pegasus was Gina. Natalie is a different 6.

Woops, post amended.

Ah right.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Surion

The President - laura roslin (sp?)

She fainted for no reason at end/beginning season 3/4 and all the ships powered down at same time. Its her...I'm so right...!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Just watched the 3 and a half seasons in the space of 3 weeks (unemployment, whoo) and I think people are really overlooking the ship element. Considering that the Cylon's ships move about of their own volition and are conscious species, I think it holds to reason that there is a decent chance that one of the originals was a ship (only problem with this theory is that the transcendant beings didn't take the shape of a Viper)

My outside bet is the Viper that Starbuck came back in. Starbuck made it clear she had no idea what was happening for the most part and didn't know how she met up with the others hinting that the ship played a big part in it's arrival and movement. Considering she was gone for longer than 30 minutes (or whatever amount of time she said) something must have been driving her all that time. Also, I think the readings that the ship gave off could be a hint that it is conscious. D'anna has never seen it either. Also, keep in mind that the other 4 were all drawn to the same room by the music at the same time while the ship appeared shortly after that, with the greater distance the music and the ship had to travel to blame for the time delay

If it's not the ship, and I did say it was an outside bet, my money's on Tom Zarek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

duridian wrote: »
    I like most of his theory, but I don't think he is right about whom D'Anna Biers/Number 3 was addressing/apologising to in the temple when she saw the final 5. I think, as others have suggested, it makes more sense that the Number 3 was addressing
    Saul Tigh, who due to his being tortured by the Cylons lost an eye on New Caprica. With Tigh wearing the patch over his eye as an instant visual reminder,
    this to me seems a much more immediately obvious reason for the apology than the theory that she was rude to Dualla, while posing as a news reporter.
    That said I still think Dualla is most likely the final of the 12 cylon humanoid models.
    Stark wrote: »
    D'anna didn't know about the Final Five back when she was on New Caprica.

I don't think it's anyone on the baseship personally as D'anna would have made contact with them.

My theory is that it's D'anna's fault that the 5th cylon is out of the picture. I think it would explain her reaction to the 5th cylon during her vision in the Temple. Even though that would mean my Kendra Shaw bet was wrong :)

Ok, I have read the companion for S3 and they state quite clearly that they didn't know themselves who the final 5 were when D'anna saw them in the vision, therefore you shouldn't assume she was talking to anyone in particular when she says "I'm sorry I didn't know". Tho I admit Tigh makes sense.

There is serious evidence that Starbuck is a clone (the time differential, new viper etc) but the most compelling eveidence is in the second half of season 4 trailer where you can see her on a planet burning something while holding her dogtags (presumably her body), it doesn't have to make her a Cylon though.

I think Lee is the Cylon. There are problems with it like how did the Raiders not notice him in a viper before. Kendra Shaw and Cain have not been under our noses the whole time.

I am going to ignore the whole last supper picture clue, I think it was only to screw with us-I think it could be one of them.

Dualla would be a boring choice for me. Maybe Baltar knew something about gaeta and thats why Gaeta stapped him? (Altho again the companion states the whispers from Gaeta to Baltar are supposed to be interpreted as a threat by Baltar that he would implicate Gaeta as a collaborator).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this may have been said already, but in all honesty i'm stumped to who the final cylon is, my best guess would be the ship, galactica itself. The whole thing with tori, tigh anders and the chief hearing music coming from the ship itself was a bit wierd. The ship bar the episode Exodus p.2 doesnt seem to have any difficulty in dispatching any threats incurred to it, even though the pegasus was a superior ship in regards to size, armor and firepower.

Another line of thought along those lines lies with starbucks return in a brand spankin' new viper, which acts eventually as a compass pointing to earth, only when the final 4/5 are in the vicinity seems a bit messed up, maybe the 5th was there already.. maybe the fifth doesnt have to be humanoid in appearance.

then again maybe i'm thinking way too far outside the box..

The ship would certainly explain the music and why the 5th never showed at the meeting. Theres the question then of course of why Cylon ships would fire on it, maybe it hasn't been activated yet?

If it is an earlier model of a Cyclon Baseship, does it need a hybrid? It is great speculation all this, only problem is that by the time Jan comes around I will have considered every possiblilty and won't be suprised.

a 7 month long hiatus, I mean WTF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Kendra Shaw seems the most logical choice.

TBH I can't say I'm particurly convinced that any of the final five have been revealed.

I wouldn't mind that. But they have to be cylons in some respect -Too much evidence even aprt from the music,

SPOILERS (even tho you should'nt be reading..)

Tori's superhuman strength in dispatching Cally, Anders; eyes when the raider was about to fire etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Orizio wrote: »
    Kendra Shaw seems the most logical choice.

TBH I can't say I'm particurly convinced that any of the final five have been revealed.

isnt she dead? shot and nuked on the old cylon basestar with the first hybrid?
    all of this has happened before, and will happen again. I think thats just stating that the similarities of the past are echoed in the present.

Unless the warning the hybrid gave Kendra before she nuked the ship was a warning that starbuck has frakked with time and space effectively bringing destruction to some race or all races, be it either mankind on earth, the remenants of the colonies or the cylons. it would explain the new viper and her return.
    Thats a bit too startrek for me though..

thing about starbuck is, the cylons have always had a vested interest in her, Leoben is almost fanatical about her, Six hates her, could be just a mindgame..?

cant wait to see it though, all these theories are great, havent watched a show thats made me think so deeply about the characters ever. Fantatsic writing.

I never got the impression the Cylons wanted to find Earth to destroy it, I got felt it was gonna be more of a new Caprica job.

Maybe thje Cylons were wrong about Kara.

Actually forget about Shaw, my votes for Roslin's overweight priestess. ;)

• Advertisement

Please god no...that would be crap. Shaw could have been resurrected.

I don't really think Shaw being dead matters, I just think the priestess at least some sense. She is both a powerful and spiritual character who has appeared in Roslin's hallucinations/dreams.

Yeah, but maybe thats too obvious. Like StarBuck being a Cylon.

Like what brought her back to life?

The newest teaser is only 10 seconds long and it gives me goosebumps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

noodler wrote: »
    Yeah, but maybe thats too obvious. Like StarBuck being a Cylon.

Like what brought her back to life?

The newest teaser is only 10 seconds long and it gives me goosebumps.

any chance of a link?:)

I'd be suprised if you haven't seen this already but here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6sgEKDE-l4

nice one

ugh this hiatus is going to kill me its already worse than season 3's:mad:

• Advertisement

Its creepy, ppl say it means Saul knows the the person the 5th turns out to be but I am not so sure. Looks like Thrace burning her own body on eaarrthhhhh

regarding the priestess being the final cylon during the podcast for that
    episode Ron and co state
    that its more lauras sub concisence and not for example another one of those head people and that they had initaly planned to get the character billy to have that role in that episode but their were sceduling difficultys.

anyway my newest bet is that its captain kelly from the mini series aka the fat guy who tries to blow up athenas raptor in season 3.

Ah I don't think thats a spoiler man, Billy would have been so much better for the role. I am hoping the '6 in Gaius's head' and gaius in 6's head' bit is resolved.

I always thought at the end of season 2 when the Cylons showed up on New Caprica that that 6 who showe up witht e Cylons would be like 'hey im the gal in your head'

But that didnt happen, she doesn't know about her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Niska

After reading the zavvi sale thread (http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055330913), I think I figured out who the final Cylon is...

It's House. The other cylons all contract lupus, but, seeing as it's never lupus, he doesn't diagnose it in time and they all die.
    Or it could be pre-lunch hunger related hallucinations...

Never heard of house. Is it a cool ER or something?

• Advertisement

It's a spinoff of Scrubs with Dr. Cox in the lead role...

Its not tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

After watching every episode with the gf over a 5 week period, I'm going to say Kendra Shaw.
    Despite the whole being dead thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 graciegrace

THE PRESIDENT OF COURSE - COS SHE'S TOO FOND OF THROWING OUT EVERYONE OUT THE AIRLOCK.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 graciegrace

DeVore wrote: »
    So, your answer to this question should be a single name. Nothing more, no justifications, arguments, discussion etc (there is another thread for that). This thread is so that when its revealed you can point to this and say you were right all along. You can post one name, no conditional statements (like "if its not X then its definitely Y" etc). You can choose a real person, someone alive or dead, or a concept like "the human race" (just for Mordy!).
    But no arguments and no debate, just your one and only guess!

So, I'll kick off... nggggggggggggh, this is hard.....

Doc Cottle(?)

DeV.

who is it
    wont tell:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭leinsterman

FutureGuy wrote: »
    After watching every episode with the gf over a 5 week period, I'm going to say Kendra Shaw.
    Despite the whole being dead thingy.

+1 on that ... especially with her "special" (oh god the mind boggles) relationship with Starbuck ... the harbinger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

So, I haven't seen this said anywhere else, but I haven't really looked either, so here's a theory...
    I watch the series on DVD, not TV. (But I had seen the 4-1 and 4-2 before watching the DVD).

Looking at the cover of Season 4 DVD, it's clearly the last supper scene.
    Right, so, when I got the DVD first, I thought, "ok, better not look to see which one is Judas, because that's almost certainly the final cylon."

So after watching the series, I look at Leonardo's "The Last Supper", and in it Judas is 4th from left.
    That's the position that's vacant on the Season 4 DVD cover - there's clearly a gap in the table there.
    Further, there are only 11 characters around 6 on the DVD cover, rather than 12.

So, one's apostle is missing, and there's a space where Judas should be.
    I assume that Judas is missing.

Is it reasonable to infer from this that the final cyclon isn't rosalyn, lee, kara, bill, helo, as they are all in the picture?

Or maybe not, just musing :)

To the poster above- i believe the producers said months ago that that final cylon wasn't in the last supper picture (The pictures been online about half a year).

I think Kara is going to turn out to be either God-or a representative of god i.e. an angel of some kind.

User45701 wrote: »
    Kendra Shaw

EDIT EDIT EDIT!!!!!!!

i know i know you said only one but ithink i fraking have it!

Is it..... Bill's (William Adama's) Wife?

1. He sees her in his head just as baltar see's 6 and he ****ed her bill ****ed his wife.

Oh I like that!

As for me - Laura Roslin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Derek Coleman

I love that Last Supper theory. Brilliant. Never thought of that. It's going to be Admiral Cain.

But you know what.... I've never lost sight of Leoben telling Roslyn Adama is a Cylon. maybe Joseph Adama or Bill's Wife or Lee's brother.

• Advertisement
Advertisement