Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say hello to my little friend.......Try to read that without doing a Pacino voice. LO

• 22-04-2008 11:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Just one of the guys that arrive every day with their other half in tow. He takes from me and zips back to feed the awaiting Mrs Robin.

Hand2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

haha thats brilliant!
    we have one at home that follows my mother around when shes gardening, and sits on the spade handle awaiting worms to be dug up :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

We've got a robin "couple" too .. one of them flies up to our bird table, does a bit of aerial gymnastics and grabs a bit off one of the fat ball thingies hanging from the table, and brings it back to it's mate who is perched on the bush next to the table. I assume it's the male fetching for the female, but since they're identical it's impossible to tell.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Amazing that he comes soo close!!:eek:

There is two here, one is really fat and they are very tame but, never come that close.

How on earth did you get him to come to you?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I'm more amazed at the parrot in the plant pot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

artieanna wrote: »
    Amazing that he comes soo close!!:eek:

There is two here, one is really fat and they are very tame but, never come that close.

How on earth did you get him to come to you?????

I have a few birds that come close like that. His mate will come close but not land on me, she waits for food to be thrown to her if she is on her own, but Chuck (that's what I call him) has always come right to me and often perches on my shoulder when I am out the back, and he will feed from hand, as will a male blackbird that is a regular here.

Chuck will fly to the windowsill of whatever room I am in and basically stare me down until I go to him, but he will not land on anyone else in the house.

• Advertisement

Here he is on a windowsill, I was lazy that day and handed a waxworm out to him, and then got stared down, until I put it in my hand for him to take.

Here is the little fecker staring in, with the waxworm still near his feet.

windowsill3.jpg

Pick it up for me.

windowsill2.jpg

Another shot taken the same day as the first pic in the thread

Hand1.jpg

Alun wrote: »
    We've got a robin "couple" too .. one of them flies up to our bird table, does a bit of aerial gymnastics and grabs a bit off one of the fat ball thingies hanging from the table, and brings it back to it's mate who is perched on the bush next to the table. I assume it's the male fetching for the female, but since they're identical it's impossible to tell.

The male fetches for the female, it is what they do during the breeding season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Thats soo cool:cool:

He just knows that you won't harm him and that you have fooood;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

cool new pics. ill try get some myself when i get the chance. mother has just informed me that the robins are nesting in a small leylandi in a flowers bed right beside a window. excellent.

Advertisement