Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a snag list done

• 22-04-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Could anyone recommend someone to do a snag-list?:rolleyes:
    I've been getting quotes in the €400 region, but friends have said it can be as low as €200. I don't want to pay loads for this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I remember my dad did his own snagging. I don't get why you would pay someone else to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

a lot of snag lists are common sense , doors not closing ,patchy paint work,worktop and bath not sealed properly, check all taps etc have good pressure
    if you know anyone involved in the building trade eg carpenter they could easily do it
    most builders give you a month or two grace as some faults might not show up till the house is lived in. doors may expand , heating system wont be tried till your in , stuff like that
    ask foreman how much grace you have when you move in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SUNGOD wrote: »
    a lot of snag lists are common sense , doors not closing ,patchy paint work,worktop and bath not sealed properly, check all taps etc have good pressure
    if you know anyone involved in the building trade eg carpenter they could easily do it
    most builders give you a month or two grace as some faults might not show up till the house is lived in. doors may expand , heating system wont be tried till your in , stuff like that
    ask foreman how much grace you have when you move in

Best off to get a tradesman that you know and trust tbh. Much cheaper and will do as good if not a better job.

KevIRL wrote: »
    Best off to get a tradesman that you know and trust tbh. Much cheaper and will do as good if not a better job.

that is what i said :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

SUNGOD wrote: »
    that is what i said :confused:

Im just agreeing with ya my good man.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

Where is the house being built?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Check the SVP, rodding points, soffit vents, attic insulation etc, etc etc.

More to it than paint work and doors.

I did one last year where the extractor fan in the downstairs toilet wasn't extracting, it was blowing air in. :D

KevIRL wrote: »
    Im just agreeing with ya my good man.

sorry, not used to people agreeing with me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭rohe

was talking to himself who works in th building trade and he said the most you would pay for a snag list is 200, and a good architect should do it for that price

hope that helps:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 m4cc4

Could anyone recommend someone to do a snag-list?:rolleyes:
    I've been getting quotes in the €400 region, but friends have said it can be as low as €200. I don't want to pay loads for this.

if you know anyone that works in the housing department in the council, im sure they'd do it for about 200, and they REALLY REALLY know how to spot the snags, ****ers lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement