Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plans for the Iron Foundry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

JMcL wrote: »
    Also, given that the blinkered donkeys in government/NRA and their PPP mates have completely ignored the commonly held notion that you DON'T toll relief roads, you'll still find a sizeable number of trucks and others still rolling across Rice bridge to avoid the highwaymen out on the ring road.

Truth!

The more I think about the development, the more I like the idea. A city has to be a city I guess, and against the supermodern bridge, it shouldn't look too stupid. And it's away from the actual historical part of town.

Newgate center is more important right now. Pleanála are pissin' about at this stage... What's new?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Mr McCann is probably drafting pages of objections as we speak
    I'm from Wexford - living in Waterford. Who is this McCann guy? We had one (serial objector) in Wexford town until a few years ago and eventually he went too far. He objected to the redevelopment of the Talbot Hotel a few years back. Held it up for months and months. His shop was boycotted and he was harassed out of the town. It was the culmination of years of serial objections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brendan McCant is a Green Party type who is in the employ of the WIT so has plenty of time to develop specious arguments or indeed complete nonsense.

Right now there is a potential 500 milion euro plus of development waiting to be approved. Scary that one man could delay and kibosh all that.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sunnyse

mike65 wrote: »

Right now there is a potential 500 milion euro plus of development waiting to be approved. Scary that one man could delay and kibosh all that.

Mike.

Imagine what the interest repayments are costing those developers caught up by this knob.
    It cost him hundreds and them millions....there is no equality of rights in that scenario:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

mike65 wrote: »
    Brendan McCant is a Green Party type who is in the employ of the WIT so has plenty of time to develop specious arguments or indeed complete nonsense.

Mike.

It is indeed scary. Something really needs to be done. I think that there is a HUGE onus on WIT to do something about him. While he is not doing anything illegal - he endlessly delays projects (look at the Waterside).

WIT employs this gent. We, as taxpayers, indirectly employ WIT. he has a duty to his fellow citizens to ensure that his encroachment on the development of this city must stop. Immediately. It is both unwelcome and unwarranted.

WIT interacts with the community and vice versa. So standing back and folding their arms, citing the system, and saying that they can do nothing is completely unacceptable.

The attentions which his activities have focussed on WIT must constitute bringing the Institute into disrepute, given the recent revelations that he was using Institute time and infrastructure to formulate some of his objections.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

I'm from Wexford - living in Waterford. Who is this McCann guy? We had one (serial objector) in Wexford town until a few years ago and eventually he went too far. He objected to the redevelopment of the Talbot Hotel a few years back. Held it up for months and months. His shop was boycotted and he was harassed out of the town. It was the culmination of years of serial objections.

Unfortunately not an option for us here as he is employed by the State. Good actions on the part of the good citizens of Wexford though. Well done.:)

Advertisement