Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending on the Wii

Options
  • 22-04-2008 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

difficult isn't it.

any tips would be most welcome. it kinda lets it down overall.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭coillcam

I've found the best tactic to be dragging players around that are close to the ball and holding z the most effective.

The other method I use is anytime I lose the ball dragging my strikers back to centre circle to zone mark the area, along with one of my central midfielders. Kind of creates a nice flat barrier across the middle, a la spurs "parking the coach in front of chelsea a few years back" according to Mourihno.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭stingray75

coillcam wrote: »
    I've found the best tactic to be dragging players around that are close to the ball and holding z the most effective.

The other method I use is anytime I lose the ball dragging my strikers back to centre circle to zone mark the area, along with one of my central midfielders. Kind of creates a nice flat barrier across the middle, a la spurs "parking the coach in front of chelsea a few years back" according to Mourihno.

thanks fella. i'm quite new to this wii version so i have been relying on zapping opposition players with 'A' a few times and hoping for the best.

surely there is another way? can i actually select my own players in the traditional way and move them in for the tackle or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭coillcam

Oh god no don't ever double/triple team players or your shape will fall apart and 2/3 passes later Derby county are beating ManYOo. I only do this I'm chasing a game or have few men behind the ball and/or there's a technically astute and or fast dangerous type player on the ball...... It's really last resort tactics IMO. Marking 1 on 1 is fine though.

In terms of creating a decent defensive shape, drag your forward men behind the ball with the A button and release at the desired location(Before they arrive) and they will zone mark that area (You know this happens by the solid Blue/Red/cloured circle orund them) . This give your a fortified look and feel, getting your strikers and a CMF to the Centre Circle or deeper even asap when you lose the ball makes you very hard to break down and then it's easier for you to apply the squeeze, same as in real life I suppose.

As regards tackling dragging your men holding A towards/alongside opposition players(In possession) and then pressing and holding Z when you get in range is akin to holding down the X button on the PS2/PS3, IMO the most effective method on the Wii when used with "zoning" players above. I've only got the game about a week, so I'm sure there'll be a more effective method next week:cool:

Also shaking the Nunchuck when you've got Z held down(puting pressure on) will crunch the opposition with a sliding tackle if timed well/lucky

Advertisement