Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starbucks Membership

• 22-04-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭

Quick question - does anybody here know off the top of your heads - is there such a thing as Starbucks membership? I'm thinking of a wedding present for the caffeine-addicted.

I have a vague idea in the back of my brain that there is, but I cant find it on a google, and I'd really have to go out of my way to get to one to check...

Thanks muchness,
    c

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Never heard of it. Quick search reveals this though.

How 'caffeine-addicted' are they though. Do they have there own machine(s), do they grind there own coffee, do they roast there own beans? Are you sure they like Starbucks?

The reason I ask; you need to make sure they would use a membership. Take me, I'm a big coffee drinker and would never drink a starbucks as I don't rate it at all.

If you know what equipment they have we could suggest some hardware you could buy or some online shops that may provide a gift voucher?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

Hmmm.

I totally see your point about true coffee-addicted having better taste than starbucks.
    I was thinking more along the lines of, needing to have a cup in your hand at all times, therefore needing to purchase it more often than not when your not at home or at work with good equipment.

But you're right, its not worth taking the chance on whether they'd like starbucks.
    And tbh, its so obvious that they're coffeefreaks that everyone'll buy the equipment so i think i'd better shy away from that one.

Thinking cap will have to go back on.

Thanks tho for the answer, that card is exactly what I was thinking of, or had vaguely remembered...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

If they really enjoy good quality coffee you could get them a selection of coffees, some Blue Mountain Jamacian stuff, a couple sacks of cubita. Make sure they really know their coffee and realise how expensive/good BM is, otherwise they probably won't be impressed by it!

edit: link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Mr.S wrote: »
    The Starbucks card is great:):) makes great presents^^

If I had to choose between a Starbuck card or no present, no present
    would win everytime. If the person you're buying the gift for was a steak
    lover, would you buy them a gift card for McD's or BK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭nc6000

I don't think much of Starbucks myself. My €10 Espresso pot at home makes better coffee! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If the person you're buying the gift for was a steak
    lover, would you buy them a gift card for McD's or BK?

BK?

No, no, wait....

Yeah...BK. :D

Starbucks coffee isn't /that/ bad. I've often resorted to it and found it to be reasonable enough. In fact, when I lived in the US, it was what introduced me to brewed coffee. Back in the day, you just didn't brewed coffee in Ireland.

edit: But yeah, I'd prefer a nice grinder, or something like that as a present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

i think it says somewhere on the site it's only valid in the states, or is there an irish version?

Advertisement