Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm new!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Ah yes good idea!!where d'ya head to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ports best

depends i sopose on what type of music or what type of scene your in to, in portarlington, the anvil, the continental, toms bar, odeas.. portlaoise coppers, delaneys, bar mondays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Is coppers good?Lived here a year and I'm 19 but I haven't been anywhere other than club 23..Classy!

yeah coppers is good ya would enjoy that leah baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Mountrath

Mountrath wants a night club, when will there be one here, there might be a barn dance coming up yeaha:D (only kidding) little old town has some catching up too do. I say build the motorway bypass and build many houses and we'll take it from there, did you know back in 2005 there was just over 2000 people living in Mountrath, in 2008 I say there is 2000 people still and me...:p by the way im a young guy also 25 Years Old in May this year all the way from the sunny city of Dublin;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Welcome & enjoy boards.ie :)

Any questions, try here first --> http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=98

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Hi all I thought I should take a leaf out of everyone else's book and introduce myself, not really new to boards but new to the Laois forum! I'm a blow in myself from dublin (6 years ago now!) but it seems I'm now known as a dulchie!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Hey Newbies,
    Welcome along. Time for another piss up with all the newbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

So many "Port people" on this board - I have to get used to calling the place Port as it feels a bit wrong when I am not from the place. My brother calls it Portholeington, but he is only jealous because he commutes Portlaoise and the train service to P...P..P..Port is better. :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

DéiseGirl wrote: »
    Portholeington
    :D

Use to agree with that. But i've grown to like this place. I even get in on the local lingo "Port"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

kikel wrote: »

Use to agree with that. But i've grown to like this place. I even get in on the local lingo "Port"

He hates every stop on the train line before Portlaoise. It's all a conspiracy to keep him from getting home earlier :p

I really like the place as well, been very happy with my move. I wish I could spend more time there but the commuting eats into a huge part of my week. Hopefully I won't have to do that forever (and I must admit I enjoy being up in Dublin as well with loads of great shops just a couple of minute walk from me!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

Hi Kaimera, Genie Us, Kikel & DéiseGirl!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

When I wasn't too long living down here, a lovely man in our local pub said to me so where do you live, of course I said portarlington. He said Oh you live in port, I said No no i live in portarlington just around the corner actually. He started to laugh and told the whole pub. That i didnt live in port but my house was just around corner so needless to say if im asked where i live i say port!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,464 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

SJ08 wrote: »
    Hi Kaimera, Genie Us, Kikel & DéiseGirl!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

When I wasn't too long living down here, a lovely man in our local pub said to me so where do you live, of course I said portarlington. He said Oh you live in port, I said No no i live in portarlington just around the corner actually. He started to laugh and told the whole pub. That i didnt live in port but my house was just around corner so needless to say if im asked where i live i say port!!!!

was this in the pint o port by any chance SJ08??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 SJ08

Hi sydthebeat,

No it was in o'deas but the same man would be a regular in pint o port!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Hi & welcome to all of you newbies!

Its not fair :( I seem to be missing all the fun lately! Totally snowed under lately cant get time to scratch my....ahem!

So how have you all been? I see curvy and PB are getting very well ....em....associated lol!;)

Oh well gotta go will try stop in for while tomorrow talk to you all then!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

SJ08 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

I’m new!!!! Recently discovered boards and was surprised to find a forum for Laois with so many people from port on it. So I have finally got the courage to sign up and say hello to all!!! :)

Welcome to the madness that is the Laois forum!!! Best forum around!!! Have fun here and most of all have a go at ports best! he left us all high and dry on our first meet!!! tsk tsk ports best!!! KIDDING!!! :D

LeahBaby wrote: »
    :D*sits down,puts feet up and takes the bottle of wine*

Welcome leah! have fun here. most of us all are normal!!! :D

pass the wine bottle when you're done. my glass is just empty!!!

kikel wrote: »
    Hey Newbies,
    Welcome along. Time for another piss up with all the newbies.

i second that kikel!!!!

Welcome genie!!! :D

hi to all the newbies, dont mind ruby j and curvy there a bit mad;)... hows is everyone today

im doing good ports best, and u?

• Advertisement

ah im ok ruby how was your trip away did you njoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

thanks for the welcome everyone :)

it was great thanx. had a great time. but ive done my back in since, probably lifting the heavy suitcase....so im quite peeved at myself for packing too much!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

hello all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 anniecm

Hi all

Cant believe i found this site originally from port. in wales now got more gossip and news from this site that i get from me ma who still lives in port. so dont mind if i butt in every now and again. keep it up xxxxxxxxxx

hi annie welcome to boards, how is it in wales.. do you miss ireland

Advertisement