Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo s40 radio problem

Options
  • 22-04-2008 12:28pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have the S40 SE Lux and the radio has a manual (which I carefully lost...) as thick as the bible. But the problem I am having is that whenever I listen to the radio talk shows or the news (or the DJ talking in between songs) the back speakers shut down. Any music and they all spark up and I get full surround sound. Anyone know how to fix this bizarre problem?

(NB the volvo owners group website has shut down :( and I regularly listen to 'Drive Time' on Dublin City FM for traffci news, so I really do need to get this problem sorted).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

A Volvo dealer might be good enough to send you a copy of that bit of the manual.

Failing that, I'll have a read of mine tonight and see what it has to say about the problem...

Off the top of my head, it might be the broadcast itself. Do you get the problem when you listen to other stations?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Thanks!

Yeah it's on all the stations whenever the presenter is speaking.:confused:

I have to bring the car in next week to get the parking sensor touched up to match the car colour so failing all else, will ask then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Unless Volvo can fix it get used to it. Radio signals in Ireland are not good enough quality to car sound quality sufficient for Surround sound.

I have the same car as you since 2005 and have never been able to get it to work in surround sound mode only in 3 channel.

Advertisement