Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Mobile Issue

• 22-04-2008 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

hey,

anyone else seeing an error "cannot connect to network site" when trying to send a text?

I have only set it up im on meteor using a nokia 6300?? All the settings seem fine i get onto wap etc

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers

doug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

would i be right in saying you just installed it this morning and it's never worked?

there's a problem with the 6300 and some other nokia phones with getting java applications to access the internet. i'm not going to get into why this problem exists, i'l just tell you how to fix it. unfortunately it's a bit involved.

1. you need to call meteor and say "i would like my account provisioned for isp access". this is the most complicated bit because none of the agents will know what you're talking about.

they'll try to tell you about settings to enter on a laptop and settings to put in the phone. if they do, tell them to stop. tell the agent to go to the technical team and say the words above. this is not something you can do, they have to change an option on your account to allow you access to the service

2. on the phone, you need to do the following:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: meteor web
    homepage: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    password:isp
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: meteor web apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.mymeteor.ie
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight meteor web and press options->activate
    then do the same for meteor web apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight meteor web and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

and then it should work :)

getting provisioned for isp access can take a few hours and if it still doesn't work don't assume they did it right. you might have to call a few times because the agents don't really know what they're doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Cheers fella!

Just rang them there as you say they hadn't a clue said he wrote up a ticket to the tech team and it could take up to 48 hours before it's actioned.

I'll sit and wait but I have feeling I'll be ringing again!

Cheers again!

dougdub wrote: »
    Cheers fella!

Just rang them there as you say they hadn't a clue said he wrote up a ticket to the tech team and it could take up to 48 hours before it's actioned.

I'll sit and wait but I have feeling I'll be ringing again!

Cheers again!

na as long as you manage to convince them to send a ticket it should be ok :)

the technical people know what it is. you just have to hope that the person actually sent the ticket and wasn't just trying to get rid of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭dougdub

Sorted just managed to send one there !!!

Looked up the meteor view calls comes up as internet access and the cost is €0.00 even better than I thought!

Thanks a mill for all the info I'm a very happy man after getting that sorted!

dougdub wrote: »
    Sorted just managed to send one there !!!

Looked up the meteor view calls comes up as internet access and the cost is €0.00 even better than I thought!

Thanks a mill for all the info I'm a very happy man after getting that sorted!

i'm actually amazed that worked so easily. getting that all set up is usually so much hassle.

if it's coming up as internet access then you're all set up properly. it won't always be 0.00 but will usually be less than the 2c minimum with the wap settings. i average about 1c per text

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 slayerdiabolus

I did all the settings above for Gmail App yesterday which works fine. But Cabbage on my mobile won't work. I get the error listed about about. And its a Nokia 6300

I did all the settings above for Gmail App yesterday which works fine. But Cabbage on my mobile won't work. I get the error listed about about. And its a Nokia 6300

I'm confused. Which error do you get?

is it still subscribe to gprs first?

now that you've downloaded it, go to :

that might fix it, depending on what error you're getting

did you download it before or after you activated default in all apps?

I'm getting

"cannot connect to network site"

I put the cabbage app on the phone after Meteor had fixed the ISP problem. I'm gona try deleting the app off my phone and then putting it back on. Hopefully that'll work!

Thats seem to have done it. Thanks for all the help :)

Thats seem to have done it. Thanks for all the help :)

good to hear it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    would i be right in saying you just installed it this morning and it's never worked?

there's a problem with the 6300 and some other nokia phones with getting java applications to access the internet. i'm not going to get into why this problem exists, i'l just tell you how to fix it. unfortunately it's a bit involved.

1. you need to call meteor and say "i would like my account provisioned for isp access". this is the most complicated bit because none of the agents will know what you're talking about.

they'll try to tell you about settings to enter on a laptop and settings to put in the phone. if they do, tell them to stop. tell the agent to go to the technical team and say the words above. this is not something you can do, they have to change an option on your account to allow you access to the service

2. on the phone, you need to do the following:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: meteor web
    homepage: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: meteor web apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.mymeteor.ie
    authentication type:normal

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight meteor web and press options->activate
    then do the same for meteor web apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight meteor web and press options->set as default

and then it should work :)

getting provisioned for isp access can take a few hours and if it still doesn't work don't assume they did it right. you might have to call a few times because the agents don't really know what they're doing

Folks, did all this and it works, thanks. E-mailed meteor "info@meteor.ie" which made the explaining scenario non-existent, it was sent to the techies immediately.

Gmail works, as do other apps. The only thing is pressing and holding 0 to get on to the internet in general doesn't work "service not available". It's trying to go through wap.meteor.ie. Any ideas?

Folks, did all this and it works, thanks. E-mailed meteor "info@meteor.ie" which made the explaining scenario non-existent, it was sent to the techies immediately.

Gmail works, as do other apps. The only thing is pressing and holding 0 to get on to the internet in general doesn't work "service not available". It's trying to go through wap.meteor.ie. Any ideas?

afaik that's hard coded in the firmware of the phone and i don't think it can be changed. i'm open to correction though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

Thanks to Sam Vimes for the Cabbage app- works like a charm.
    Keep churning these cool java apps out :)

Couldn't find the main Cabbage thread so just thought i'd post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Hairdo

I've been using cabbage mobile on my own phone for ages now and it's been perfect. But I have an o2 sim card and i wanted to set it up to use with my o2 account also and I think i messed up something and now it won't work with either. It tells me " could not connect to network site"
    I have everything set to use Meteor Data settings.
    Can someone offer any advice?

Just to clear up something I’m not sure of, are you using a meteor sim card or an o2 one?

Do other java applications that access the internet work?

Since when does it not work? The meteor site is currently down which might explain that not working

Are there any non-alphanumeric characters in your password?

What phone do you have?

in case you have messed something up with it, have you tried deleting it and reinstalling it?

I have deleted and reinstalled both the Meteor Data settings and the Cabbage application. AFT doesn't work for me either now and both used to be fine. Neither can contact the site. Opera mini and my sony web browser are working perfectly. I really don't know what is wrong.

I think maybe if someone could just simply explain the settings I am supposed to have set, etc on my phone it might help.

It is really frustrating as I really don't know what's going on with it!

GMail also works without any problems

Sorry, i'm using a meteor sim now. It used to work with this sim until I messed with the o2 sim.

As regards the meteor site, it is down but not down. It could be due to that maybe? If you log in through the "my meteor" section it works fine, but not if you log in through the initial page that comes up from www.meteor.ie

Its very strange

I think maybe if someone could just simply explain the settings I am supposed to have set, etc on my phone it might help.
    here's what you should have for meteor data:

first go to:
    menu->settings->connectivity->data communication
    and delete all meteor related accounts. then:

menu->settings->connectivity->data communication->data accounts
    ->new account->ps data

name: meteor data
    apn: data.mymeteor.ie
    username: my
    password: meteor

press save

click on meteor data

scroll down to authentication.
    untick None and CHAP, leaving only PAP selected

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->internet profiles
    ->new profile

name: meteor data
    connect using: meteor data

press save

select meteor data from the list

menu->settings->connectivity->internet settings->settings for java

select meteor data from the list

and it should work

after doing that, try the browser and your other java apps again to make sure they're still working

Sorry, i'm using a meteor sim now. It used to work with this sim until I messed with the o2 sim.

As regards the meteor site, it is down but not down. It could be due to that maybe? If you log in through the "my meteor" section it works fine, but not if you log in through the initial page that comes up from www.meteor.ie

Its very strange

right they've got some kind of misconfiguration on their site and i can confirm that it has stopped both my script and the aft one working for meteor at the moment but it works for o2 so keep trying that one.

and do you have any non-alphanumeric characters in your o2 password?

I have only digits in the 02 password.

Those settings are working perfectly for my other applications. It is probably a problem with Meteor, or at least I hope it is.

Thank you for all your help!

• Advertisement

I will try the o2 sim again with it. It's a prepay sim for o2 though. I wonder would that make a difference. Either way I will not mess with the settings on this phone again!! I'll leave the o2 sim to the other phone!!

I have only digits in the 02 password.

Those settings are working perfectly for my other applications. It is probably a problem with Meteor, or at least I hope it is.

Thank you for all your help!

well meteor definitely won't work through no fault of your phone but there's no reason an o2 login shouldn't be working. is it still failing with that login?

how are you putting your phone number in for the login? 086, +35386, 0035386? it should be 086
    It's a prepay sim for o2 though. I wonder would that make a difference.

pre pay doesn't make any difference

I put it in as 086. The phone that will be strictly my o2 phone from now on is a Sony Ericsson K750i. Do I need the data account on that phone for aft? I know i need it for cabbage, but neither will work.

I put it in as 086. The phone that will be strictly my o2 phone from now on is a Sony Ericsson K750i. Do I need the data account on that phone for aft? I know i need it for cabbage, but neither will work.

i'm confused here. what makes you think you need the data settings on a k750i?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Could someone tell me does Cabbage work on the iphone?

jamieh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Could someone tell me does Cabbage work on the iphone?

nope. boards user basquille set up something for the iphone but i don't know if he's still maintaining it:

http://iphonetext.basquille.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Cabbage has stopped working for me recently.

There have been no changes to my login details at the o2 site (I can still log into the o2 site manually).

But Cabbage doesn't work on either my work or home computer now. It says Error: (-6) Program generated error

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!!

quad_red wrote: »
    Cabbage has stopped working for me recently.

There have been no changes to my login details at the o2 site (I can still log into the o2 site manually).

But Cabbage doesn't work on either my work or home computer now. It says Error: (-6) Program generated error

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!!

so both mobile and desktop have stopped working?

what version of both are you running? desktop has the version number on the caption bar at the top and on mobile press options->accounts->options->new to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    so both mobile and desktop have stopped working?

what version of both are you running? desktop has the version number on the caption bar at the top and on mobile press options->accounts->options->new to see it.

Was using the desktop version on Vista and XP. Version 1.88. And anticipating what was to come next, I checked your site and downloaded version 1.91.

Which works perfectly.

Thanks Sam!

You're an officer and a gent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beatbox55

I could never get Cabbage to work on my Nokia 6300 until I happened upon a settings download link in the meteor website. To set up your 6300 (and probably every other phone) for internet, log in to MyMeteor click Help & Support -> Download Settings. Then in the drop-down menu, pick Meteor DATA, and click send. Then it works Perfectly!

Thanks Sam for Cabbage!
    OS X version please!!

Advertisement