Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage Mobile Issue

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

beatbox55 wrote: »
    I could never get Cabbage to work on my Nokia 6300 until I happened upon a settings download link in the meteor website. To set up your 6300 (and probably every other phone) for internet, log in to MyMeteor click Help & Support -> Download Settings. Then in the drop-down menu, pick Meteor DATA, and click send. Then it works Perfectly!

Thanks Sam for Cabbage!
    OS X version please!!

Yeah that's what I would consider a bug in series 40 nokias, that java apps can't use proxies. Every few days a new person needs to be given the work around for it but nokia keep reproducing it in new phones so apparently they don't think it's a bug

I didn't notice the bit about the OSX version. There's an alternative that will work on OSX called JSMS

http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 beatbox55

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    I didn't notice the bit about the OSX version. There's an alternative that will work on OSX called JSMS

http://jsmsirl.sourceforge.net/JSMS/JSMS.html

True, I use JSMS, it's good, but it adds a little "Sent by JSMS" advertisement to your message if you go over 1 SMS in length, which kinda defeats the purpose. Thats what I don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

beatbox55 wrote: »
    True, I use JSMS, it's good, but it adds a little "Sent by JSMS" advertisement to your message if you go over 1 SMS in length, which kinda defeats the purpose. Thats what I don't like.

My cabbage text applic was working for ages until yesterday. I now get an error message saying "Packet data connection not available"
    I'm on a Nokia 3110 and Meteor.
    Anyone else having problems?

My cabbage text applic was working for ages until yesterday. I now get an error message saying "Packet data connection not available"
    I'm on a Nokia 3110 and Meteor.
    Anyone else having problems?

That error is unrelated to cabbage. It means that you don't have gprs coverage, which is separate to call coverage.

If you look under your coverage indicator you might see two arrows pointing opposite directions. If they're solid it means you have gprs coverage, if they're dotted I think it means you're currently connected and if they're not there you have no gprs coverage

Meteor was having some problems with their website and network the past few days so it's most likely a temporary problem. If it continues it most likely means your phone is faulty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭MICHAELO_4921

I'm using cabbage web based from my Blackberry Bold on O2 as the Java version is not working. Can some tell me how i can upload my contacts to the web version without having to send a text to each number and saving them after it is sent.

Thanks in advance.
    Michael ;)

That was designed to be very basic so you can't do that. You could give me a list of your contacts in a text file and I could do it for you if you want

But before I do that, what's wrong with the java on your phone? Does the program not install at all or can it just not access the net?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

I've posted on another thread in this forum re cabbage - cant find it now so apologies for hijacking someone else!! cabbage has been working fine for me for a few months now for sending texts to Russia via voipcheap. In the last few days instead of receiving "success, message sent" I get "unexpected response format". The message still gets through OK (as I found when I sent the same text 12 times thinking it wasn't being delivered!!) Is there any way of resolving this issue? - Cheers and thanks for "cabbage" PQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi Sam

I've been using cabbage for well over a year without hassle but all of a sudden I'm getting "unexpected response format" for every message and unlike the post above, the message is NOT being delivered.
    I'm using a Tocco on Meteor.

Any Ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

jarvis wrote: »
    Hi Sam

I've been using cabbage for well over a year without hassle but all of a sudden I'm getting "unexpected response format" for every message and unlike the post above, the message is NOT being delivered.
    I'm using a Tocco on Meteor.

Any Ideas??

I'm having the exact same problem on my WM6 device.
    "Unexpected response format" in the last 2 days.
    Working great before that.
    Sometimes they get sent but sometimes they don't.
    I'm with o2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I was getting this as well, I followed Sam's (I think, possibly Cabaal's) advice from another thread and changed the server to http://www.cabbagetexter.com/send.php. I think Cabaal was having a bit of trouble with his server and it was causing this.

tried changing to the above server - now "cannot connect to the network site"!!!!
    Aand I've forgotten what the default server was!!!

I've updated to cabbage v1.6 and now I cant get it to save my settings in the accounts page!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Breezer wrote: »
    I was getting this as well, I followed Sam's (I think, possibly Cabaal's) advice from another thread and changed the server to http://www.cabbagetexter.com/send.php. I think Cabaal was having a bit of trouble with his server and it was causing this.

I seen this in the other thread too and now I'm back to normal. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

jarvis wrote: »
    I seen this in the other thread too and now I'm back to normal. Thanks.

Same here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

Thanks man. Got mine sorted too!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭DRice

thanking you :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    would i be right in saying you just installed it this morning and it's never worked?

there's a problem with the 6300 and some other nokia phones with getting java applications to access the internet. i'm not going to get into why this problem exists, i'l just tell you how to fix it. unfortunately it's a bit involved.

1. you need to call meteor and say "i would like my account provisioned for isp access". this is the most complicated bit because none of the agents will know what you're talking about.

they'll try to tell you about settings to enter on a laptop and settings to put in the phone. if they do, tell them to stop. tell the agent to go to the technical team and say the words above. this is not something you can do, they have to change an option on your account to allow you access to the service

2. on the phone, you need to do the following:
    settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->web

account name: meteor web
    homepage: http://wap.mymeteor.ie
    username:my
    password:isp
    use preferred access point:yes

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings->add->access point

account name: meteor web apn
    go into access point settings
    data bearer:gprs (or packet data)
    go into bearer settings
    GPRS access point:isp.mymeteor.ie
    authentication type:normal
    username:my
    password:isp

settings->configuration->personal configuration settings

highlight meteor web and press options->activate
    then do the same for meteor web apn

settings->configuration->default configuration settings
    highlight meteor web and press options->set as default

settings->configuration->activate default in all applications->yes

and then it should work :)

getting provisioned for isp access can take a few hours and if it still doesn't work don't assume they did it right. you might have to call a few times because the agents don't really know what they're doing

sorry to bump an old thread but thanks very much, just followed this to a tee and i now have cabbage back after swapping from my E51 to a 6300 :D

Advertisement