Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone got a Ducato sump

• 22-04-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Got my camper serviced by my mechanic yesterday - 1998 Hymer on Fiat Ducato. I had noticed the sump was fairly rusty recently & he recommends I get a replacement one just in case it starts leaking. The camper came from Germany but spent 2 years in England. Any chance someone has one sitting at home. Also need seals for the front calipers - main dealer I guess.

Thanks,

Tim

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

You could try a scrapyard, I know Laragh scrapyard near Kilcock have some vans, also Bracken's in Ballycumber (Offaly) scrap commercials. For something like an oil sump it might be easier to buy new.
    You could also try Ebay, Here's one but I have no idea how much they cost here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

It would be easier to drop into your FIAT parts place and pick up a new one. Save you on shipping (£40 stg on the one in the link above). Plus you can pick up the gasket at the same time.:)

Is it really that rusty??

If you have just got it serviced make sure you have a clean container to keep the oil in so you can re-use it after you change the sump.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks for the replies. It is really fairly rusty but I figured it was only surface rust My mechanic is a friend so is not trying to screw me. He says to be on the safe side I should replace it. The camper was in England for a few years so I would guess it was the salt that caused it. My previous camper was a 1990 model which had only left Ireland on its holidays and there was absolutely no rust on it.

Thanks,

Tim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

try www.1stchoice.co.uk or www.breakeryard.com

I've sourced and bought parts from both for an old carina.

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Thanks, Chris

I tried www.breakeryard.com & they are able to supply a new sump which I have ordered. Saving of 200 Euro over price here & their price includes postage to Ireland. Hope it's the correct one now. Will let ye know how I get on.

Thanks.

T

• Advertisement
Advertisement