Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator name changes

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

KtK wrote: »
    Still is on mine. Additional information: Previous nicks.

well its not on Sherifu's... and Sherifu didnt you used to be RKM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Can mods change their username? Thought it was just if you were a member? How do we go about changing the name...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you make a request in the help desk and and admin makes the change.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You can only request a name change if you're a subscriber. Of course if you upset CuLT or any of the admins you may have a name change imposed on you. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Zaph wrote: »
    You can only request a name change if you're a subscriber. Of course if you upset CuLT or any of the admins you may have a name change imposed on you. :)

l,o,g,g,i,n,g, i,n, b,o,s,s,a,r,k,e,y

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

rb_ie wrote: »
    I'll trade you 10 asian kids who are very good at making runners for his release

Asians? You're not trading with Hungus here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Marvelous banter chaps, really! Actually, it was the arrival of a new high count user (sabotage) that made me realise how devious you are up there. When one gets a ban and need to PM the mod, but the mod (6th for example - not that he would ban anyone, fine upstanding server of the posters that he is) has changed username. How to find him?

Step 1: Log out
    Step 2: Go to the forum you are banned from.
    Step 3: Look at who the mods are.
    Step 4: Take the big jarred labeled "A bit of cop on" out of your magic backpack.
    Step 5: Apply liberally.

*Please note that you can replace all the above steps with: Don't be silly enough to get banned.

Sabotage wrote: »
    Step 1: Log out
    Step 2: Go to the forum you are banned from.
    Step 3: Look at who the mods are.
    Step 4: Take the big jarred labeled "A bit of cop on" out of your magic backpack.
    Step 5: Apply liberally.

*Please note that you can replace all the above steps with: Don't be silly enough to get banned.

So... how did you choose your usie, then? Do you have a thing for shoes mr fancy frenchman? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

When I first saw the thread title and until I read beyond your first sentence, I actually agreed with you. I also had some manner of logic to back up my reasoning.

However, once I read your second sentence, my brain began to melt and I completely forgot whatever rationale I had behind agreeing with you in the first place.

Do you have any valid reason for this thread, or is this thread just the same rubbishy mush you've just turned what was once a magnificent brain into?

Hmm very cryptic

I think the thread makes as much sense as that post.

The OP is concerned that the "forum marshals " not unlike 'sky marshals' will secretly be hob nobbing with the average user. They will discretly pretend to chat about 'the queue in the chipper' or ' ridiculous things they did whilst drunk' in order to elicit some kind of infraction and then call in the heavy moderators to ban users.

The admin is muled off because his cover as user "donkeyboy" might have been blown.

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote: »
    So... how did you choose your usie, then? Do you have a thing for shoes mr fancy frenchman? :D

Shoes? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,433 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There should be a designated table within the database, accessible by moderators, with all the handles that have been changed with a change date, change authorised user and change reason

Some moderators seem to change their nick several times per year. Starts to smell of NickGate and it smells brown

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

unkel wrote: »
    There should be a designated table within the database, accessible by moderators, with all the handles that have been changed with a change date, change authorised user and change reason
    Why should anyone have to give a reason? :confused:

What's wrong with "bored with it!" (yeah, I know, potential pun! :p) which would probably be the reason given 90% of the time anyway?

And if we are going to be that regimented about it, why should only moderators be able to see users' previous nicks, and not the other way round?

And what happens when a couple of the admins get hit by the mischief bug, and mishandle certain users' handles every second day? Mord and Sparky would need a table all of their own, ffs! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Hrmm

I think I'll have my informous Spankeh back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sabotage wrote: »
    Shoes? No.

Zooom!
    ¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

If I was DeV I'd be getting worried about all of these Caesar references and keeping a closer eye on bRuutus

Advertisement