Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar/Allendale about to Train Station.

Options
  • 22-04-2008 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

One thing that is I think mad, in the monty python sense, is the road from the roundabout (allendale/ongar roundabout) to Clonsilla train station (the one that passes aldermere)

They made the road too small originally for the buses. A 6 year old could see this but not the planners. Then it had to be widened.

You come off the roundabout (allendale/ongar roundabout) and have to immediately turn left, andother 50 yards then hit a stop sign for no reason. There is a 20 metre road to the left and the main traffic has to stop and turn right?

The situation is actually dangerous since no one uses indicators and the right of way is for one house. Also people trying to force and accident for the compo have the odds stacked in their favour. If you know the road, let me know what you think. I think it is really stupid and has been like that for atleast a year and a half despite what the long term plans are for the junction.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 fast1

I know the road and the roundabout.

It is stupid isn't it? I don't understand why you have to turn from the roundabout onto the 50 metre road then go left then right all in the space of 100m.

They should have just got rid of that stupid grass area and just made turn off the roundabout onto the street that heads towards clonsilla.

One day someone is going to want to go straight at that stop sign and end up taking someone out - I have seen a few cars nearly hit cyclists who use the path that goes from the roadabout.

Advertisement