Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a single built-in oven with a double built-in oven

Options
  • 22-04-2008 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just bought a house with a single built-in oven in the kitchen. I do a lot of cooking and would like to replace it with a double built-in oven. There's a space above the oven where a freestanding microwave used to go, so can I just take that shelf out and do a direct swap or is there extra reinforcement / brackets required?

Thanks.

R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 carpentoza

remoteboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Just bought a house with a single built-in oven in the kitchen. I do a lot of cooking and would like to replace it with a double built-in oven. There's a space above the oven where a freestanding microwave used to go, so can I just take that shelf out and do a direct swap or is there extra reinforcement / brackets required?

Thanks.

R

You will have to move the shelf the microwave stood on (if there is one).
    The new oven will stand on the same shelf the old one did.
    Take out single oven and measure height available for new double oven. They usually need 890mm space so you might be left with a gap beetween oven and top of unit/ top door, so you may need to fill that space with a blank door or similar. Pm me with your measurements if you need more info.
    Alternatively you could get a combi microwave/oven to fill the microwave gap and giving you a double oven.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement