Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Behemoth - Polish Death Metal

• 22-04-2008 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Been listening to these guys again lately, definitely a fantastic band, about as fast & heavy as they come. They used to be Black Metal, but took a complete about 5 albums ago, and went Death. I got into them when Thelema 6 came out, although I didn't get their last release.

I'm sure there's a few fans here, they've quite a lot of excellent albums.

Interestingly though, I was discussing the band Nefilim on another message board, and it was mentioned that Behemoth were extremely influenced by them, not just in sound but in lyrical content as well, and that Zoon (Nefilim's only album, sadly) was one of mainman Nergal's favourites. I thought, damn, huge influence on the band, certainly:

Behemoth actually did a cover of the above song which you can hear here, and considering they've a song called The Nephilim Rising on the album Demigod, they certainly proclaim their influence strongly. :D

Anyway, thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

the fact they went from a black metal band to a highly proficient technical death metal band is testament to their talents.

whats their best death metal release?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

whats their best death metal release?

I think they're all very solid, but if you're looking for somewhere to start, maybe Zos Kia Cultus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Quite like Behemoth. Only have two albums though, Zos Kia Kultus and Demigod.

Listen to Demigod quite a bit,its a fantastic album! They blew me away when I fist heard it.

Any other album recommendations for them?

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Any other album recommendations for them?

Thelema 6 and Satanica are both great as well. Can't say whether you'd dig their earlier stuff though.

This is the first track from Satanica by the way:

I'll have to pick up The Apostasy at some stage.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Saw them in France and had expected good things from them having been schooled in their ways from Mr Hungus himself. They were definitely one of the highlights of the weekend for me, seriously good. Must get more albums...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Oh man, I nearly sh!t meself watchin' those Behemoths vids :(
    Not my cup o' tea, the vocals and the singer's facial expressions actually scared the sh!t outta me.

I really like that Nefilim track.

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Oh man, I nearly sh!t meself watchin' those Behemoths vids :(
    Not my cup o' tea, the vocals and the singer's facial expressions actually scared the sh!t outta me.

lol! :pac:

Great reaction, I suppose!
    I really like that Nefilim track.

You should try and nab their album, it's quite excellent.

You should try and nab their album, it's quite excellent.

Not so much nabbed, but it's on the way ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Behemoth are a class band alright, I've only got Zos Kia Kultus and Demigod myself.

Slaves Shall Serve on the album Demigod is an amazing track, worth the buy for that track alone...and of course Conquer All :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Very solid band, wouldnt be one of my favourites, but very solid and consistantly good without being repetative. I've got 6 of their albums, latest one being Demigod, should probably get my mitts on Demonica and The Apostasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

Saw them in NY supporting Morbid Angel a couple of years ago. Never heard them before that but I enjoyed their set. Very funny interacting with the crowd too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

i got demigod a while back and its savage but i heard ''slaves shall serve'' on a metal hammer dvd ages ago, and was kinda ok........ (wasnt really into extremish stuff yet) but i heard ''conquer all'' and had to get the album

Not so much nabbed, but it's on the way ;)

Fantastic, let us know what you think!

Fantastic, let us know what you think!

Just got me paws on Nefilim's 'Zoon' today, first listen in the car today, wasn't too impressed by it at first bar 'Penetration', but being listening to it there with the aul' headphones the past hour and I'm likin' the first 5 or 6 tracks.
    It kinda reminds me of somethin' but can't put my finger on it.

Just got me paws on Nefilim's 'Zoon' today, first listen in the car today, wasn't too impressed by it at first bar 'Penetration', but being listening to it there with the aul' headphones the past hour and I'm likin' the first 5 or 6 tracks.
    It kinda reminds me of somethin' but can't put my finger on it.

Ah, it's a rather dense album, so some of it may take a bit of getting into. Penetration is one of the more straightforward songs on there, but stick with it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

whats the difference between black and death metal ?

MooseJam wrote: »
    whats the difference between black and death metal ?

Google it. :pac:

Advertisement