Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whereabouts of Quorn Bacon Rashers

Options
  • 22-04-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been looking all around but most of the supermarkets don't seem to have Quorn bacon rashers in stock. Superquinn used to be good, but they never seem to have them when I in. Does anyone know if any stores stock these in the dublin area. Or is it possible to order them off the internet from some wholesaler?

Any help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

give one of 'the health store's a ring. http://www.thehealthstore.ie/page.php?intPageID=4 they all seem to get in the same stock (their different branches i mean). and i think i've seen them with 2 different types of veggie rashers for sure. your best bet is to ring, and if your local doesn't have them in, they are usually happy to order stuff in. if you aren't particular about which type of veggie rasher, there is a brand in the fridge department which they usually have, 'redwood', which i go for :)http://www.goodness.co.uk/cgi-bin/detail/stockcode/408180.html

people are always asking about ordering off the net, but it really is just in bulk for companies.

oh, you could also try ringing nourish. http://www.nourish.ie/?ncat=22

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

If you happen to live near Tallaght, the health food shop on the bottom floor of the square usually has them. I haven't been there in a while so they mightn't have them anymore.
    But yeah, I feel your pain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

i had a look in the superquinn in knocklyon on saturday and they had none, though they did have the quorn roast, think they get them in now and again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

bet your all glad your not down in offaly - hardly any selactio round these parts!
    i remember last year going into supermarket down in Kent and the whole isle, of like 15 long freezers was all veggie food... i thought i'd gone to veggie heaven!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

Yeah I used go to England quite regularly, they always have a great selection of veggie stuff in their supermarkets. But then, they do have a much higher percentage of veggies than us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

We have a pretty steady supply from the Quay Co-op in Cork. :cool:
    Nature Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I used go to England quite regularly, they always have a great selection of veggie stuff in their supermarkets. But then, they do have a much higher percentage of veggies than us...

Went travelling around the US/Canada last summer. Even the crappiest of towns seem to have a supermarket with a decent fake meat section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭che81

and in Portugal where you hardly ever have a veggie option in a traditional restaurant they have reams of veggie stuff in supermarkets. they have a proper round of veggie chorizo (that's not cut up like the redwood's stuff) and veggie black pudding. i was really surprised. i think it's a lot of laziness on supermarket's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

The health store in blanch do them, they're fairly expensive from there though.

€4.54 per pack. If you look at the prices of the other quorn stuff in their selection and compare the prices to say Dunnes or Tescos, you will see a huge, huge difference. (200% in some cases)

What's Sainsbury's stock of Veggie stuff like?

Advertisement