Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone any advise on extreme dieting?

• 22-04-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Ok so I know its wrong and probably will get some bad replies to this, but like we all know when trying to lose weight "the proper way" sometimes dose'nt work as well as you'd like...i am healthy i work out alot, have lost weight in the past and am generally happy with my figure but ya know yourself would like to be smaller, and was thinking of just not eating much to see if it falls off.

I have cut down quite a bit but its the dreaded drink at the weekend, i find hard to stop and with that comes munching. Vicious circle.

Then im afraid if i am doing the exercise and eating little my body will hold onto fat rather than the opposite effect.

I know this sounds terrible but we all want to lose that little extra few pounds.

Whats your opinion....has anyone had any success with this, I dont mean anorexics but in general.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

RLMAO - where's Dragan?

ps this will be locked as your asking people to rec something that is unsafe and just plain stupid.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

What do you mean 'doesn't work as well as you like'? You mean you don't lose 10lbs a week?

You want advice?
    1.Get rid of your unrealistic expectations
    2. Acquaint yourself with the Fitness and Diet & Nutrition forums. From the little that you've written above, it is clear that you don't know anything about fitness and nutrition.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

It might work but any effect will be temporary and you already know 'extreme' dieting is not the way to go. There is no such thing as a real quick fix.

You know what you need to do, ease up on the drink and nibbles, just like you said. Moderation in all things is key, and that includes dieting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

look, be honest with yourself, thats the hardest part of losing weight.

its easy to lie and say you're eating healthily and working out, but just how hard are you working, and lets be honest, how healthy can you be eating if you're drinking at the weekend and then 'the munching that goes with it'

fact is, drink alone is VERY calorific, a couple of pints could be half a days worth of calories!

you're just going to have to decide what you want more, the drink, or the body you're dreaming of

I really think you could benefit from talking to someone about all this.
    This drunkorexic behaviour is so damaging to your health and well being. You really need to priortise getting on top of it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Crash dieting kills tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You are not going to get any dangerous advise on this forum. I will move your thread to diet and nutritition where you can talk to the clued ups on how to go about losing weight properly.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

OP, my advice would be to have a wander up to the Eating Disorder Unit at St Pats hospital, that would soon cure you of any leanings towards extreme dieting. Walking corpses, god love them.

Maybe see a dietician or join Weight Watchers if you're concerned about your weight.

I'm sure Dragan & G'em will have loads more advice but definitely stay away from extreme dieting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

There are people who come to this forum without a genuine clue how to eat properly or take care of their diets. There are people who genuinely may not realise that alcohol or junk food may be scuppering their chances of managing their weight properly. Sometimes there are people who bravely open up to speak of recognised eating disorders or folk whose diets are restricted because of metabolic intolerances or disorders.

I really think that this forum provides a warm, safe, welcoming place for those people to get help and support and I've seen some brilliant threads where folk really go to a lot of trouble to share tips and experiences about how to eat a healthier, happier diet.

But the OP is definitely first: "I want to lose weight but I'm too lazy to give up the booze so how do I go about starving myself to drop a lb or six?!?!"

Give me patience. April Fools' was weeks ago.

From the Charter:
    There will be zero-tolerance of any pro-ana type topics or crash dieting... This forum is to promote healthy and varied eating - not to advise you in how to drop a stone in a week.

kthnxbye

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement