Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats the cheapest enjoyable holiday you've had?

• 22-04-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

cause im broke!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Couple of weeks backpacking across Iran ... food, accomodation, internal flights, activities/sights all cost me less than 300 Euros (flight home was more expensive )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

Morocco, 4 nights, 4 people, booked everything before we left Ireland, cost less than 600 EUR each including all our spending money.

Rented a Peugeot 407, spent 1 night in Marrakesh, 1 night in a small town called Agdz, 1 night in the Sahara desert, and 1 night in the Atlas mountains.

Was a lot of driving, but a brill holiday with loads of different kinds of places crammed into less than a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Camping in mayo in hot hot summer and going surfing everyday, BBQs at night, pints in the local. Fantastic and dirt cheap ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Achill Island, can't be beat !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im with Gaz on the Iran thing- I struggled to spend 500 in a month there, taxis cost 30c for a few miles journey. Off course beer is illegal there so its not for everyone:( By the end of the holiday I was tipping like a millionaire:D

Last summer I treked the Tour du Mont Blanc going from France to Italy to Switz and back to France over 10 days. All it cost me was a packet of biscuits and a sandwich every day, I camped wild in the Alps, some nights in Switz me and my tent had the exact same view as 5 star hotels that were charging 200+ euro a night. Cheap as chips though getting trains in that area can hit the wallet if you dont have a student card.

The summer before I did the Annapurna trek in Nepal- beds were 1-2 euro per night, dinner similiar. I spent about 120 euro over a 2 week period and that was having beer and smokes most nights, it was laughably cheap ( but no so much to get there in the first place ) and highly enjoyable. If you wanna get high, head to the Himalaya:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

RATM wrote: »
    Im with Gaz on the Iran thing- I struggled to spend 500 in a month there, taxis cost 30c for a few miles journey. Off course beer is illegal there so its not for everyone:( By the end of the holiday I was tipping like a millionaire:D

Last summer I treked the Tour du Mont Blanc going from France to Italy to Switz and back to France over 10 days. All it cost me was a packet of biscuits and a sandwich every day, I camped wild in the Alps, some nights in Switz me and my tent had the exact same view as 5 star hotels that were charging 200+ euro a night. Cheap as chips though getting trains in that area can hit the wallet if you dont have a student card.

The summer before I did the Annapurna trek in Nepal- beds were 1-2 euro per night, dinner similiar. I spent about 120 euro over a 2 week period and that was having beer and smokes most nights, it was laughably cheap ( but no so much to get there in the first place ) and highly enjoyable. If you wanna get high, head to the Himalaya:D

Some of them trips sounds deadly, but they might be a bit expensive when you add in the cost of flights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah of course flights are gonna jack it up a bit but once your there things are **** cheap. As for treking in France, well its just a matter of a Ryanair cheapie to get there.
    Check www.attitudetravel.com and www.skyscanner.net before you go anywhere-you'd be surprised at the amount of budget airlines operating all over the globe at this stage, theres 100's of them.

Advertisement