Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle/ Northwood/ Crunch/ Other Gym Membership Offers Go Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 lucan45

jungleboy wrote: »
    Pity there is no Ben Dunne Gym in dun laoghaire!
    Hey Jungleboy you obviously get around the city a lot. You were singing the praises of BD Fitness in Lucan a couple of weeks ago. Now you're talking about Dun Laoghaire. Where's next? Carlow???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

gaz d wrote: »
    Joined it for 199 the day after i posted. Goin 3 times a week since, feeling great and have toned up loads (had to severly change my diet though)

Aw, that's great :)

Is it still at that price, do you know? I'm going up in the next few days to join! (provided the pool is staying open)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭marko91

posted here yesterday maby my post was deleted for my language:o...does anyone know if joining carsile with another person will work out cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 vic_dublin

Aw, that's great :)

Is it still at that price, do you know? I'm going up in the next few days to join! (provided the pool is staying open)

visited yesterday to Northwood to find out if they have any special offers but it was closed with the message 'closed because of a bad weather condition' so will try again today if i get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

just rang northwood and its €350 to join with no special deals for groups

• Advertisement

carlisle "deals" is a fcuking joke, do they actualy think people will join no matter the price?...well im not im joining this pay by week gym my uncle goes to...obviously not as good as carlisle but if it has machines,weights etc then i dont care:)**** YOU BEN DUNNE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 juju

Anyone joining Ballymun? €299 for year or if you get membership in a 'couple' it's €500 for two. I need the other half of a couple! Any takers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭johnfás

Carlisle is the same price as Northwood - currently 350 for a single membership with no discounts or group offers. Give it a month and I imagine the prices will drop a bit. January is probably their best time for business so will also be the most expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

I've been a member of Northwood since it opened and its suits me fine as I go in the mornings. This year has seen some ridiculous deals - I've seen membership offers for €199. Just before Xmas I saw they had offers of €300 for new members, €250 renewal. Today I got a letter from them asking for €300 for my renewal!

I'm a bit pissed off with it to be fair as my renewal price shouldn't be subject to fluctuations. (by the way I know on the face of it its only a fiver a month but its more the principal that bothers me)

Has anyone contested this with them and won?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

golfman wrote: »
    I've been a member of Northwood since it opened and its suits me fine as I go in the mornings. This year has seen some ridiculous deals - I've seen membership offers for €199. Just before Xmas I saw they had offers of €300 for new members, €250 renewal. Today I got a letter from them asking for €300 for my renewal!

I'm a bit pissed off with it to be fair as my renewal price shouldn't be subject to fluctuations. (by the way I know on the face of it its only a fiver a month but its more the principal that bothers me)

Has anyone contested this with them and won?

No, and there's no point because the staff don't care, and for every one person that leaves, there's five more people willing to waste their money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Could any one recommend the best gym for me in the city centre.Walking distance from Jervis shopping centre and not to pricey.Tks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Yeah Northwood sent me a letter for a renewal of 300 Euro, got it for 195 euro for 15 months last year, bit of a random jump....not too bothered as work pay up to 400 euro for any memberiship..but is the fact that the place is so packed these days, perhaps every Gym is like that....

I have been looking at the regency hotels gym on the swords road, anyone know what it is like or costs etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭colin32

yeah i rang regency and its €395 for 12 months. also tf is €500 but the most expensive one i found was in malahide. the gym at the grand hotel in malahide was €775, obviously no recession up there.

hopefully northwood prices will come down a bit in feb, when everyone has done there exercise after xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Anyone know of a deal for sportsco in ringsend or if trinity gym has gone public yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Savage Cabbage

Hey Check this site out www.onoffer.ie they are giving away free membership to Bootcamp and have couple of other gym offers on there too.

Might be more craic than in a gym. I used to go to Total Fitness but gave it up after while cause got bored and unmotivated so gonna give this bootcamp a go. Anyone been there already? Whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

johnfás wrote: »
    Carlisle is the same price as Northwood - currently 350 for a single membership with no discounts or group offers. Give it a month and I imagine the prices will drop a bit. January is probably their best time for business so will also be the most expensive.

Was in carlisle last night and glanced at the sign (note: i was very tired and didnt pay much attention. these figures might be a little wrong, but they're roughly right):

January:
    *New €350
    *Renewal €300

February-June:
    *New €395
    *Renewal €350

This is $hiteballs :eek:
    My membership is up this month. I'm not paying €300. Not for Carlisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭waster81

fincollins wrote: »
    Was in carlisle last night and glanced at the sign (note: i was very tired and didnt pay much attention. these figures might be a little wrong, but they're roughly right):

January:
    *New €350
    *Renewal €300

February-June:
    *New €395
    *Renewal €350

Yeah same in northwood, guess its to put people off waiting until Feb thinking the prices will come down.
    €400 is definitely too expensive, they had an offer before christmas of €199!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

fincollins wrote: »

January:
    *New €350
    *Renewal €300

February-June:
    *New €395
    *Renewal €350

Your figures are spot-on. I would bank on these prices coming down well before June.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭fincollins

Your figures are spot-on. I would bank on these prices coming down well before June.

Yeah id hope so man. But still, the whole till june thing seems fairly specific. Grrr. Still though, randomly found a big open green near my house the other day. which is nice. no need for ben dunne anymore...ill be bench pressing the kitchen table

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

Radio Ad now says all 4 of Ben Dunnes Gyms €295 at moment......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭Bambaata

thanks Glyni. I refused to renew at 350 after paying a fraction of that for 15 months. I really need it for the pool before work so i may just bite the bullet at 295 otherwise it'll be 7 or 8 quid a go at the local pools

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Liffey Valley Fitness €300 - full membership for one year €200 - off peak membership for one year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

i saw carlisle was 295 yesterday

didnt say for how long though..

does anyone know if its for 12 months or 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Glyni

j4vier wrote: »
    i saw carlisle was 295 yesterday

didnt say for how long though..

does anyone know if its for 12 months or 18?

All Ben Dunnes Gyms are 295 for 12 months at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NRyan2010

Hi,

Anyone know anything about a new gym in Dundrum - Rock Fitness?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

waster81 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by fincollins View Post

January:
    *New €350
    *Renewal €300

February-June:
    *New €395
    *Renewal €350

This is $hiteballs

Ye i got a letter from them too looking for €300 for renewal. Expired at the end of Jan. I tore it up, got my bike out and started cycling into college again. Cant afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Glyni wrote: »

:(

I don't want to pay that much! I was willing to pay up to 200 :/
    Damn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭brutusthebarber

Glyni wrote: »

For what you get, 295 is a complete rip.

Renewal was 250 last year. I thought that was steep!! Now its up to 300 bills.

@pikachucheeks.. I'd wait it out, see if it drops again. Just my opinion, but it really isn't worth anything over 200. Really.

anyone in CARLISLE know prices for the tanning beds???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Trinity gym goes public on the 8th of march.. €465 for a years membership..

Advertisement