Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle/ Northwood/ Crunch/ Other Gym Membership Offers Go Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭phunkymonk

Has anyone any idea how much jackie skellys is in ballsbridge?

for 1) student? and 2) full membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Renewal for TotalFitness for this year - €495, they can ram that!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

i used to be in the once in coolock and left after that chap got shot outside it, that was years ago and they still txt and ring me about re joining.

TechnoPool wrote: »
    i used to be in the once in coolock and left after that chap got shot outside it, that was years ago and they still txt and ring me about re joining.

Well its safe to go back, they got him just after Christmas.

He was a good mate of mine, we trained together for years but he took the wrong road and paid the price for it.

Well its safe to go back, they got him just after Christmas.

He was a good mate of mine, we trained together for years but he took the wrong road and paid the price for it.

haha its not that im worried about man, i was upstairs when it happened :)

its more so the price thats keeping me away at this stage

• Advertisement

its more so the price thats keeping me away at this stage

I know, I'm finding hard to justify paying the renewal subs, but when I look at the alternatives (Northwood - horrible kip) I'll probably find myself renewing again, but it sticks in my throat.

I know I'm being stung, but at this stage I feel little or no loyalty to TF and would dump them in a heart beat if a good alternative was handy to me at a cost I could afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

I know, I'm finding hard to justify paying the renewal subs, but when I look at the alternatives (Northwood - horrible kip) I'll probably find myself renewing again, but it sticks in my throat.

I know I'm being stung, but at this stage I feel little or no loyalty to TF and would dump them in a heart beat if a good alternative was handy to me at a cost I could afford.

The last few years I've been getting a student price 250euro... memberships up a few weeks now, and out of the blue they won't go any lower than 365... and I'm still a student, no difference whatsoever.. I know it's not overly expensive, but i just don't like when the good little system i have gets disrupted!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Set up your own place, make it a co-op based somewhere central enough and invite boards members to join to cover all costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 jgjkl

Hi,
    Does anybody know what is the best gym in Cork?. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

I can't see how they're trying to charge you more this year than I paid last year. I got the year for €450. Gyms like every where are struggling for business so I'd make them an offer and see what happens.

• Advertisement

I think im going to have ta go back to Northwood tomorrow , THE PAIN , i know its a kip but for the price i cant really complain alas :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Not sure if this has been mentioned and its by no means an offer, but when I heard this I had to share it.

Westwood in Leopardstown have increased their joining fee to €500. Yes, you read right, in these recessionary times they think its a good idea to increase the fee from €200 to €500! Apparently its to cover administration costs. This is on top of their monthly fee of €75, so to join there for a year will cost you €1400!

Glad, I canceled my membership with them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Not sure if this has been mentioned and its by no means an offer, but when I heard this I had to share it.

Westwood in Leopardstown have increased their joining fee to €500. Yes, you read right, in these recessionary times they think its a good idea to increase the fee from €200 to €500! Apparently its to cover administration costs. This is on top of their monthly fee of €75, so to join there for a year will cost you €1400!

I actually think this is a marketing ploy.

I remember when I joined WW Colntarf almost two yesrs ago, I was told the joining fee was €499, so I thanked the sales person, told them there was no way I was prepared to pay that and got up to leave.

I was told to hold on a minute and they left the office, came back after 4 or 5 minutes and said that they had managed to get me on an offer that had just expired, where the joining fee was €99, so I agreed to sign up.

So I really think that this is so the sales person appears to have given you a great deal and saved you a fortune and of course you have to sign there and then as they might not be able to get you on this deal if you come back later ;)

Of course if anybody is silly enough to pay the €500 joining fee :eek: ...

Also (and this is just from my point of view), at €75 per month WW is considered to be one of the most expensive gyms around. But for me, I am there 6 days each week for around 2 hours a time and longer on weekends as I may use the spa facilities.

I find the gym spacious and well equipped. There are 4 power/squat racks, 5 bench press stations, good selection of free weights, dumbells up to 40kg, Cardio classes are free as is the use of the pools (3 pools, 50m, 25m & kiddies pool), Lots of the different types of cardio equipment (treddies, rowers, bikes, steppers etc). I have never had to wait for more than a minute or two for any piece of equipment.

All this comes to €75/month or €18.75 per week or €3.12 per visit.

Now I don't know of any pay as you go gym which charge €3.12 per visit and this would not even buy you a sandwich in your local corner shop.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

WestWood have been doing that for years. They sales staff aren't allowed to give you no joining fee(research proves that people are less likely to quit if they've paid something up front) but they will give it to you for as little as €50. It's exactly as the other post says. They are trying to give you the impression that they're giving you a bargain. Anyone who has paid anything more than €100 should feel very pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭gavtron

Total Fitness online offer for €395 enter the promo code STOPTHECLOCK offer valid until 13th June 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I think im going to have ta go back to Northwood tomorrow , THE PAIN , i know its a kip but for the price i cant really complain alas :o

I recently rejoined Northwood, and believe me, I HATED the place, but it's so cheap, and since they made it bigger it seems to be a bit easier get a bench. Squat Rack or the Smith Machines are generally taken, as are all the flat benches, but the key is go early or late. With the World Cup on it generally fairly quiet during the bigger games. But its still full of clueless loud idiots who swarm around the free weights and take up space, looking in the mirrors.

It's cheap, and at the price, if you go at the right time it's alright.

The staff remain fairly hopeless though, apart from one or two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi All

For all those who are unhappy in Norwood and TF Coolock, there is a gym which I think opened last year in Kilbarrack which is supposed to be reasonably well equipped, fairly priced.

I believe there is no joining fee and no contract and they do pay as you go or pay weekly.

I believe it is at the back of the fire station.

I have never been in it, but 1 or two guys I know who have had good things to say about it.

Might be worth a look.

Best Regards,

M

B-Builder wrote: »
    Hi All

For all those who are unhappy in Norwood and TF Coolock, there is a gym which I think opened last year in Kilbarrack which is supposed to be reasonably well equipped, fairly priced.

I believe there is no joining fee and no contract and they do pay as you go or pay weekly.

I believe it is at the back of the fire station.

I have never been in it, but 1 or two guys I know who have had good things to say about it.

Might be worth a look.

Best Regards,

M

I've never been in it, however its run by Lenny Murphy & Larry Delaney and if you want good, honest, hard core lifting advice these lads have more experience than anyone I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

gavtron wrote: »
    Total Fitness online offer for €395 enter the promo code STOPTHECLOCK offer valid until 13th June 2010

Crap! They rang me saying that their fee is going up by €100 on Monday. Don't want to pay €495, especially when I don't go that often.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Crap! They rang me saying that their fee is going up by €100 on Monday. Don't want to pay €495, especially when I don't go that often.

Makes me mad that TF is still so expensive, although I guess I should be happy that it mean's the numbers are down compared to Northwood.

However they've recently cut back their hour's of business too, last night (Saturday) they closed at 7pm!!.

This evening (Sunday) its 6pm now, a royal pain in the ass.

Btw, play hard ball on the €495 fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Has anyone here been a member of the Regency Hotel gym?
    They have an offer of 399 for the year or 150 for 3 months for the summer.
    Thinking of joining.....

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Thinking of joining.....

I'm sure one of the members hear done a little review of The Regency gym, might be worth a search. So far as I can recall it was very positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭nubineeprincess

GaGa21 wrote: »
    Thinking of joining.....

thinking of joining regency too...was wondering bout that summer offer....would it be possible to join for just july and aug??or is it just 3month min??
    i really want to join for the classes too...seem to be good..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Anyone a member of 1escape in Smithfield? Prices? Classes?

http://www.oneescape.ie/executive.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

gavtron wrote: »

Can I ask where you got that promo code from?

What are the chances of another one coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Hi, I'm just wondering if someone can help me find a gym. It has to be near the airport. So alsaa, sportslink or northwood etc. Basically I just need a rowing machine, threadmill, swimming pool and free weights up to around 20 kg nothing major. I can go during the day as my work is flexible I would try avoid peak times. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Hi, I'm just wondering if someone can help me find a gym. It has to be near the airport. So alsaa, sportslink or northwood etc. Basically I just need a rowing machine, threadmill, swimming pool and free weights up to around 20 kg nothing major. I can go during the day as my work is flexible I would try avoid peak times. Thanks
    sportslink is good and quiet during day, you can pay for year including access to pool and they have extensive cardio section and good free weights and machines. Northwood might be cheaper but ive heard bad things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,857 ✭✭✭billyhead

Hi Folks

Does anyone know of any good annual or monthly deals going for Gym usage in the North County Dublin area (Swords or its environs):D

** Moved here form the main forum By B-Builder as this is where this type of post should go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭newbie!

Does anyone know of any renewal offers with Carlisle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DaWozzMan

Just got texted an offer from Fitness Dock, Camden St.
    365 for the year or two people for 599.

Offer ends on the 30th afaik

Advertisement