Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlisle/ Northwood/ Crunch/ Other Gym Membership Offers Go Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pumpingiron

Just so you know if you have friends Carlisle and their renewals are coming up in Oct/Nov/Dec they can avail of the offer and Carlisle will add the 16 months onto when their current membership expires.

If that is the case I might renew shortly too if anyone elses membership expires soon. Mine expires in October

• Registered Users Posts: 9 62lesangles

I am interested in re joining Northwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Rock fitness in Dundrum has an invite deal on for the month of August, get a friend to sign up and you get 6 months free membership(Probably more to it then that but look them up for the bigger picture)

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm looking to join northwood gym this week, anybody interested let me know, PM me.

Looking for 1 or 2 people to join asap.

Neonman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭VonLuck

I am still looking for 2 people for the Carlisle gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

VonLuck wrote: »
    I am still looking for 2 people for the Carlisle gym.

Hi von i will have peice of that with you but i am looking to join tonight so wud you be into just the 2 of us, i know bit more money but its still a saving

• Registered Users Posts: 45 pumpingiron

Hi von i will have peice of that with you but i am looking to join tonight so wud you be into just the 2 of us, i know bit more money but its still a saving

Also willing to (re)join tonight, just wondering if I can add the 15 months to my membership which expires in October

I cant meet after 8 tonight. Send me a PM if you are around to get the membership tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 clarebear2

I am still looking to join Carlisle, if anyone is interested please let me know , cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

As posted in the Waterford City forum, Kingfisher gym are having an open day tomorrow and if you sign up they'll throw in a goodie bag worth €200, it includes spa vouchers and some other stuff.

Their membership options are €450 paid over 3 installments at €150 over the first 3 months or €128 up front and €48 per month for 10 months, works out around €600 and then they have obviously the full €450 just paid up front.

Hopefully some boardsies will find use for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 clarebear2

Also willing to (re)join tonight, just wondering if I can add the 15 months to my membership which expires in October
    Hi let me know if 8 suits for tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dah

Northwood Gym for 19.30 this Monday, 22nd August 2011. We have below confirmed to join so far:

Pto (Alan), might have + 1
    Cerocco (Susan) + 1
    Sully01 (Rob)
    Maria- I'm looking after her membership

Cheers
    Diarmaid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

dah wrote: »
    Northwood Gym for 19.30 this Monday, 22nd August 2011. We have below confirmed to join so far:

Cerocco (Susan) + 1
    Sully01 (Rob)

Cheers
    Diarmaid

You can't pay cash you need a card, credit/laser

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

Hi - will be joining Carlisle soon and looking for two others to join too or if anyone needs a +1 let me know

cowboyjoe wrote: »
    Hi - will be joining Carlisle soon and looking for two others to join too or if anyone needs a +1 let me know

I am still looking so if anyone else needs to join I'm free Monday afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 TLfan

Cerocco (Susan) + 1
    Sully01 (Rob)

Cheers
    Diarmaid
    Hi Diarmaid,

I'm also looking to join Northwood. Available on monday at 19.30. Do you guys have room for one more?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cowboyjoe

VonLuck wrote: »

I am still looking so if anyone else needs to join I'm free Monday afternoon.

Von luck..mon afternoon is fine..if anyone else wants in please pm before monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daviddotshaw

Cerocco (Susan) + 1
    Sully01 (Rob)

Cheers
    Diarmaid

I'm also looking to join Northwood, if you can count me in for the 19.30 this Monday, 22nd August 2011.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TokyoImports

Myself and a friend want to sign up To Carlisle by the end of this month (August) to get the special offer of 3 people for 187 euro each and the 15 months instead of 12 months.

If you or anyone else is interested let me know and we can head down together. We are both free in the evenings and at weekends.

Steven

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Looking for one person to join Northwood, Santry with us this week. €189 for 15 months.

• Advertisement

Heading in this Saturday to sign up to Carlisle Gym for the special of 189 euro for 15 months if 3 people sign up. I need one more person. If anyone out there is interested let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Player_86

Hi,

I'm hoping to join the Ben Dunne Jervis Street gym either tomorrow or Friday and would like to join with one or two others to save a few bob. It's €165 for 15 months if 2 people join.

If anyone has any interest, please send me a PM.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with westwood gym in clontarf? The threads I found are quite dated... They are quoting me €99 joining and €75 a month which seems expensive but what everyone is paying.. What are the facilities like? The only equipment I wouldn't use much would be the weights. Definitely want to use the pool and sauna. How are the personal trainers? Just want to make sure I make the right choice before investing in a 12 mth contract

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

Hi Coco

I haven't been there since the start of the year myself as I bought a squat rack & Oly weights for home just after Christmas. Main reason was to avoid the New Year rush and to have more flexability with when I work out.

Then TF closed down and I heard that WW Clontarf took in most of the TF Coolock members and got quite busy, so I just stayed working out at home.

When I was there I liked the gym. They did get rid of a good few of the good PTs but there was still one or two there. I found the staff always friendly and helpful, and the place was always clean enough.

The gym is big and has 4 squat racks/cages, so I rarely if ever had to wait too long for a rack. There were lots of Oly bars from 17kg to 20kg and lots of weights up to 25kg plates. DBs went up to 50kg. They also had lots of machies and cardio stuff (rowers, treddies, stair climbers etc) and equipment was fixed promptly when it broke. All classes were free with the exception of yoga or pilates when they are run as they had to bring in an outside instructor for these classes

They have 3 pools, the 50m a 25m and a kiddies pool and I never had any problems with over crowding.

They have 2 car parks so parking never seemed an issue as long as you are prepared to use the overflow car park, as spaces beside the gym are limited.

In my personal opinion I never really had an issue with the price. Yes if you take the €99 joining fee and 12 x €75 monthly payments it works out at around €1000 per year and yes this is 3 times more expensive than BDs Northwood GYM. However Northwood does not have the pool, parking is usually an issue and the gym is really crowded at peak from what I have heard.

Also I used to attend the gym 6 days a week. 3 days for weights and 3 for cardio/conditioning. So when I divide my €1000 membership by 52 for the weeks of the year I get €19.23 per week. Divide this by 6 for the number of visits per week and I get €3.20 per visit. For the facilities available, I did not think €3.20 per visit was expensive. You would not get a pre made sandwhich in a shop for that or a pint etc. It kept me fit and in good health and out of the GPs surgery ;) so money well spent in my book.

Now of course if you are only going for 30-40 minutes 2 or 3 times a week, then it is more expensive. As I have said it is 8 months now since I was last there, so it could be totally different now. This is just my experience with WW Clontarf. I would advise asking for a free trial before you hand over any money, and attend at the time you plan on using the gym to get a feel for it.

Finally I have not yet cancelled my membership, though I plan to do so in the not too distant future. So if you do decide to join and want to at least save yourself the €99 joining fee, you are more than welcome to take over my membership. Just drop me a PM if you are interested and we can arrange to meet at the gym and sort out the formalities.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Nice post Tommyknocker sums up the whole price vs value debate very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

The place I train in is still €200/year if anyone is living in Navan or surrounding areas. Two power racks, two benches, incline bench, dumbels up to 50kg (or 60?). Loads of cardio and assorted other stuff.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001633915722

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Davebehan

Heading in this Saturday to sign up to Carlisle Gym for the special of 189 euro for 15 months if 3 people sign up. I need one more person. If anyone out there is interested let me know.

Im interested, did you join up today

Im interested in joining the Carlisle Gym as part of a triple, I need two others, pm if you interested

Thanks

Hi JohnnyJones,

Thats great, hopefully get can get 1 more, its €187 for 15 months in Carlisle if anyone is interested in joining as a triple

pm me if interested

Thanks

Dave
    Hi Davebehan,
    If you are still interested to join Carlisle before the end of Aug. You have a +1 here. I'm flexible with my time and prefer to join on Tues. if you are around. You can get in touch on 085-1010688.
    Regards

• Advertisement

Davebehan wrote: »
    Im interested, did you join up today

Sorry signed up already.

Advertisement