Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT/CRO num on website

Options
  • 22-04-2008 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Is there any requirement for a company to list their CRO/VAT numbers on their website? I've seen a few with CRO on the footer...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

http://www.odce.ie/en/media_information_notices_article.aspx?article=c951ecd7-f186-41b4-bbbd-3e5d6db81d0b

As far as I know it only applies to registered companies, so sole traders, partnerships etc., might be excluded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I think if you're a registered company in Ireland but one of your Directors is a non-national, you also need to publicly display this information. Not 100% on that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

European Communities (Companies) Regulations 1973
    Regulation 3
    These regulations apply to every company, being a company registered under the Act with limited liability or an unregistered company with limited liability to which certain provisions are applied by section 377 (1) of the Act, and the terms "company" and "unregistered company" shall be construed accordingly.

Regulation 9
    (1) Every company shall have the following particulars on its letters and order forms—
    (a) the place of registration of the company and the number with which it is registered;

So that looks to be a yes.
    I think if you're a registered company in Ireland but one of your Directors is a non-national, you also need to publicly display this information. Not 100% on that though.
    2) in respect of every director and shadow director of the company –
    (a) his/her present Christian name (forename), or the initials thereof and
    surname;
    (b) his/her former Christian name (forename) and surname; and
    (c) his/her nationality if not Irish3;
    is that not pointless? maybe for a public company, it's a good idea, but if one of my directors for my limited company is a yank, what difference does it make?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

blacknight wrote: »
    http://www.odce.ie/en/media_information_notices_article.aspx?article=c951ecd7-f186-41b4-bbbd-3e5d6db81d0b

As far as I know it only applies to registered companies, so sole traders, partnerships etc., might be excluded

Lovely hurling - that's exactly what I was looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Don't get VAT number confused with CRO number. VAT numbers only need to appear on VAT invoices/transactions, not on your website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement