Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harmon Kardon Drive & Play iPod Car Dock <€60 Delivered

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Have you got one of these FD?

Looks very tempting, but not wanting to get into heavy installation as the car is pretty new. Are the display and control mountings permanent or suction cup style mounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Looked into these before... It's not hard wired into the radio. It's just a fancy FM transmitter.

Not too much installation needed! Suppose if you wanted to hide the wires a bit you could but there's no real work required...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭banchang

I dont have good expeience of these FM transmitters. Lot of static, & overall a bit hit & miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

Looked into these before... It's not hard wired into the radio. It's just a fancy FM transmitter.

Not too much installation needed! Suppose if you wanted to hide the wires a bit you could but there's no real work required...

incorrect rubbish, you can hardwire them into the AUX input of your headunit, for best sound quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Got one from Ibood ages ago. Damn thing is still in the box in my boot. Hard wired for sure.Gave it a quick test via ipod cable attached to my headunit and it works a treat and also amplifies the sound to a descent input level. The FM transmitter is an option you can use with it if your headunit doesn't have any aux input.

Mountings are done with screws but you could work around that with some imagination. Main reason mines still not installed yet. Was thinking of selling car and didn't what screw holes on dash etc.
    When I got mine Halfords had them at €199. :rolleyes:
    Bottom line....well worth the money. Cheaper then my Ibood purchase too,by €2.50.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'd be interested in that but when you select ROI as the country to be delivered to you get the message "You need to contact us for shipping information before you can proceed with your selected products."
    I've never ordered from them before so what's that all about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've ordered a sh*tload off SVP in the last 4 or 5 years, and I've never seen that....

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Stealdo

Jip wrote: »
    I'd be interested in that but when you select ROI as the country to be delivered to you get the message "You need to contact us for shipping information before you can proceed with your selected products."
    I've never ordered from them before so what's that all about ?

Had a look into it - got that same message so I e-mailed them regarding shipping and here's the response I got....

Hi,
    Thank you for your communication.
    We can only accept orders via our website (
    www.svp.co.uk).
    All items currently in stock are listed on the website with current pricing. If you want you can use the website to get a quote including shipping by placing a dummy order.
    Regards

:confused:

Not even going to bother replying. If they don't know how their own system works it wouldn't exactly fill me with confidence. Was a very quick reply in fairness to them, but what good is that when the basic info is so wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are you using their own shopping cart, Google checkout or Paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭viboy

Slightly cheaper at http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR248302
    £29.95 + £3.99 shipping

Sean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭fdevine

Been dealing with SVP for quite a while and have never had any issues with them.

Shipping is very fast and have never had problems getting prices for shipping either, and that includes orders for closer to £100.

The gadget in question is examined in detail on here...

http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/driveplay.ars

Advertisement