Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mt Leinster Challenge

Options
  • 22-04-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

Anyone doing The Mount Leinster Challenge May 18th?,great climbs and perfect training for the Wicklow.150km option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

im probably going to do it. ill see how i get on with the orwell one on sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Got this email last night. Mount Leinster was great last year - Best food stop ever!!

Hi all,

Just a reminder to let you know about two great leisure events Slaney CC are promoting this year.

Mount Leinster Challenge 2008

The 2008 Mount Leinster Challenge will take place this year on Sunday May 18th - This is the third edition of the event which gets bigger and better every year!

Arrangements are as previous years with 2 distances - 150 and 100 km routes. The ride includes 2 ascents of Mount Leinster including the Corrabutt Gap climb of FBD RAS fame. There will be good food and water stops along the way and support vehicles should anyone get into difficulty. The event was very well received by the participants last year and proved great training for the Wicklow 200. Full details and entry form available at

http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=33

Sign on: from 8.30am - start 9.30am sharp

Venue: Bellefield GAA Complex , Enniscorthy – Free safe parking, Showers etc

Fee: €20

Contact: secretary@slaneycyclingclub.com or pat@slaneycyclingclub.com

The Mount Leinster Challenge – Good cycling, good food…good craic!

Enniscorthy – Cork Tour de France 10th anniversary commemoration cycle. Entry now open.

Celebrating the 1998 Tour de France stage from Enniscorthy to Cork we’re riding it again on July 5th. Fully supported, with a break for lunch in Sean Kelly’s home town of Carrick-on-Suir on the way, this is a unique ride in the wheel tracks of the le tour . Raising funds for the HOPE cancer care charity, the event is supported by Enniscorthy Town Council and assisted by the Blazing Saddles crew.

Details and entry form available at http://www.slaneycyclingclub.com/?page_id=12

Contact: secretary@slaneycyclingclub.com or pat@slaneycyclingclub.com

Don’t miss these great events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

yep,im deffo going to do it,looks like the perfect prep.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Do it for the food. I did it the first year and was surprised I could finish it with the amount of scran I scoffed. It's good.:pac::pac::pac:

Advertisement