Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL upgrading my set top box

Options
  • 22-04-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

Came back from work to find my set top box flashing read and greed light.

Turned on the TV and the screen is white with the following writing.

"IMPORTANT

Please do not switch off you set-top box
    Your digital TV service is being upgraded.
    This may take a few minutes
    TV services will be resumed when the upgrade is complete.

update status:
    Searching for setup information - Stage 1 (this alternates between stage 1 -4)
    Engineering code = MSG11 (alternates between 11,12,14,16)"

Its been like this for about an hour. I just switched it off for a few seconds and back on again and its back to the same screen.

ANy ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

They upgraded mine the other day, it shouldn't take more than a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭dcukhunter

That has happened mine a few times and has taken up to 3-4 days before it came back. Other times it was done in a few mins and ok again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Happened mine about 2-3 wks ago. Happened at a great time too. Went about an hour before the United Roma match and then came back about an hour after if finishing.

Good job NTL, but they did promise to refund any time in which it was gone which comes to about 23c. Happy days!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Schnoodle

This is BS - the message has come up for us a number of times - including again right now. Last time it came up the guy on the NTL helpline admitted that it has nothing to do with upgrading - when they screw up it automatically flashes up. Believe me if it was an upgrade we'd have the best cable in the world by now. Once it fixed itself for us - other three times had to get NTL guy out. Cancelling on Monday. By the way when you ring them up they say take the card out of the box, plug the box out and count to sixty. Turn the box back on and wait for it to prompt you for the card. Never worked in my experience but maybe for someone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Ya always have to do that plug it out ,leave for sixty seconds shi te. Even when you know its not going to do anything. Its procedure:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

when i posted this i ended up disconnecting everything and putting everything back again and it stopped.

Maybe its something to do with a loose connection or something.

Advertisement