Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodlands, Ballyjamesduff

Options
  • 22-04-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Does anyone here live in woodlands, Ballyjamesduff?, I'm looking at some houses there & am interested to know anyones opinions on the estate, area & town.... etc..

What are the pubs, restaurants, shops etc like ?

Are there any local clubs, i.e. fishing, shooting, rugby etc ??

All opinions welcome etc..

Thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I don't live in woodlands but I do live in BJD. We moved here about 2 yrs ago and we love the town. The people are really friendly both native and the foreign people are very friendly too. The pub I like the best is McBrides. The guinness is gorgeous. Other good pubs are Reasons, The Royal Bar, High Stool and McCabes. All are worth checking out. Cavan town is only 20 minutes away for the shopping and Enniskillen is less than an hour. Clubs wise I don't really know. They do have GAA of course, I have seen a shooting club on land about 6 miles from here but I reckon they are Muntercounaght Gun Club. Fishing is a big hooby here of course with many lakes to choose from. Lough Sheelin is literally 15 minutes from BJD. Food wise there is The Royal Bar in the town and the Bent Elbow on the N3 which does good food for a good price. We have two chippers here two chinese and one indian. The kebabs from the Indian are a meal in themselves.

Unfortunately we are selling up and moving away from here but only to build on our site but we won't be going far

Advertisement