Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead rat in the shed, what mask to use?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭

Well,
    Rats...damnit..they are everywhere! Anyways, there was one floating around the garden both front and back (mainly due to alot of construction in the area) and the ma decided to get someone out to lay traps. Unfortunately the rat seems to have died in the shed and its bad, and i mean bad. I went in with a mask on that i use for spraying, sanding, cutting etc but no use.

Can anyone recommed a good mask to get to help stop the puking ( i can still smell it on my clothes it was that bad) while the shed gets cleared out? Bare in mind this is a decent sized concrete shed and get warm quickly so the smell is unreal.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

U dont need a mask: u just need something with a stronger smell
    did u see silence of lambs movie wit scene in morgue

anyway get some jeyes fluid and dilute it to suit and spray it into the garage and u will be grand, use rubber gloves or else u will smell like a dipped sheep.

Try dettol either or some pine disinfectant from lidl/aldi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

A shovel ,

a deep breath and a sprint to the wheelie bin.:)

A stiff upper lip helps also.

My mother swears that burning a sulfer candle in the room kills all germs and smell.
    but make everything in the room rusts and they are just a little toxic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

The mask you're looking for will have an activated carbon filter. If you can leave it a while the smell will die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Breath through your mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Dab a bit of Vicks Vaporub under each nostril just before you go in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 hjsimpson

Just hold your breath and run in...........when the vomiting and dry heaves die down, you'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

v.v.funny........well made me laugh lads!

thought this was an april fool for a moment.....

for gods sake man hold your breath and run in with a shovel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I would use a George Bush mask.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭TheRealBoss

Don't worry about the mask ... the rat won't mind what u look like.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

ha, good one, but no not an aprils fools. Finally getting around to clearing it out now. The smell is still rank, but its not a quick in and out job as i still have not found the rat.

With the amount of chemicals, paints, fibreglass dust, etc and general crap i just wanted to be sure of safety when spending a few hours clearing out the whole place and eventually finding that rat. Will get a mask today as my current one isnt cutting it. Have tried jeyes fluid aswell, no luck. Ah well, cheers for the tips lads...the serious ones that is:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I would use a George Bush mask.

ha ha this made me laugh

Advertisement