Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway airport

Options
  • 22-04-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

does anyone here no what there doing at carnmore airport ?there is a digger at the end of the runway and they have it all dug up and it also looks like they put down some new light s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

wheres darragh-k when ya want him.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

They've been talking about expanding the airport as a whole for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

They are actually making a new turning circle at the end of the Runway thats all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

wheres darragh-k when ya want him.....

LOL!...I was having dinner actually.:p I seen that myself on the way to school, digging a foundation of sorts on the threshold of 26, doubt its an extension due to its close proximity to the road, but I'll give my contacts a buzz tommorow and get back to me....Also, is that you Steven??

Darragh

Steyr wrote: »
    They are actually making a new turning circle at the end of the Runway thats all.

...ah, that makes sense alright, thanks. Didn't a plane go off the 08 end already? about time they did it, theres no room for error as it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thats all thats going on just a turning circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

There's recessed runway centreline lights going in also.

Work is obviously done at night when the airport is closed.

Jakey wrote: »
    There's recessed runway centreline lights going in also. The turnpad will also increase the usable runway length by 75 meters.

Work is obviously done at night when the airport is closed.

It was being done at 5:30 today when I wan coming home from school...They only stop for flights from my observations, helicopter traffic won't affect them, which only leaves the rea's really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Jakey

There moving around materials all day but not working on the actual runway
    darragh-k wrote: »
    It was being done at 5:30 today when I wan coming home from school...They only stop for flights from my observations, helicopter traffic won't affect them, which only leaves the rea's really.

Advertisement