Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro football leagues

Options
  • 22-04-2008 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

I signed the office up today for a bit of summer loving on the astro pitch in Coolock.

:pac::pac:

Was a little disheartened when they said the bill would be €1000 in an email AFTER I had registered the details of 10 of us. Anyone any references for this? Is it worth such a price?

I do believe it will be a good laugh, but how long exactly will this league last?

Imagine the amount of revenue this is accumulating for them. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

You sure they expect it all in one go? Myself and a few of my mates were in the league there a couple of years ago and we just paid our tenner a week every time we played.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

you know the way you're given the option of clicking pay now by cc etc or pay at pitch
    that's the only bit I know.

It wouldn't be too difficult paying 100 like but the thoughts of it for value plays on my mind a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

I'd give them a ring and check it out if I were you. I can't see them expecting you to pay a grand up front. The pay on pitch option must be what we did. Maybe it's a discounted rate if you pay up front.

5 a side and two subs per team at a tenner a head is €70 a game. Think there were 16 teams in our league so that's 15 games making a total of €1,050 so you're only saving fifty quid by paying up front assuming you don't make the play-offs. Although saying that, it's a couple of years since we played there so prices have more than likely gone up to about fifteen a head.

I'm almost certain you don't have to pay up front but ringing them should confirm it. If they do want money up front, I'd say no thanks and just head don to your local park with your mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

it'd be 100 each like, not sure whether it's worth it. Might be though :o

ty for the info

Advertisement