Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jake Long is first pick

• 22-04-2008 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

Offensive Tackle Jake Long signed for the Miami Dolphins today in a deal reportedly worth $57m over five years including $30m in guaranteed money. So effectively the NFL Draft has started and the Rams are on the clock for the next four days.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

As called on March 9 in other thread:D Delighted I got that one right. In fairness he was always the logical pick. I just hope he works out, I love his mean streak.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I thought they'd trade there first round pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

$57 mil for an O-fensive Tackle .

That should page huge dividends for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

That should page huge dividends for them.

It may do if he develops into a pro bowl quality player at Left Tackle, but its very expensive if he ends up playing Right Tackle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

heyjude wrote: »
    It may do if he develops into a pro bowl quality player at Left Tackle, but its very expensive if he ends up playing Right Tackle.

Or like Robert gallery.

Barring a trade this means dorsey or Long will drop to us at 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Barring a trade this means dorsey or Long will drop to us at 4.

I hope so, but I think the Rams and Falcons are both looking for DL, so its take two from Long, Dorsey and Goulston, assuming as you say that neither the Rams or Falcons trade down.

In a pre-draft trade the Chiefs have traded DE Jared Allen to the Vikings for the Vikings first round picks and both of their third round picks. That means the Chiefs have two picks in the first round, one pick in the second round and three picks in the third round !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Chiefs will be worried about needing a DE, and they have picks to spare, think they would swap up to get their first choice of DE? The Rams don't seem too bothered if they get Long, Dorsey or Gholston and they probably wouldn't mind slipping down a few places and waiting to see who's left and thus a little cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Gholston should be there for the chiefs to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

heyjude wrote: »

That's not a bad thing if your QB is left handed lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭KERPAL

:Dhis bro was second pic

• Advertisement
Advertisement