Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUH parking

Options
  • 22-04-2008 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I've gotta to go into CUH this friday for the weekend. I don't fancy spending a rake of cash on parking, but I'm not sure where I can park that will be relatively safe around there. Wilton is open 24 hours these days, but does that mean that parking in the Tesco section would be ok? Or down by the Willow? Any tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

AFAIK parking charges at CUH are capped at 10 or 11 euro max.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

You would only be able to park in the Tesco Car Park for up to 3 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

AFAIK parking charges at CUH are capped at 10 or 11 euro max.

Is that definite? I did see yesterday it's 2.20 per hour and it did look like it peaks at 11 euro, or 5 hours worth. I'd just hate to come out and find I have to pay over two hundred quid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

You would only be able to park in the Tesco Car Park for up to 3 hours

yep, you should be OK there for 3 hours but be warned they often have a lad going around with a hand-hedl device recording the reg numbers of cars there longer than 3 hours...dunno if you would end up being clamped or what.

Drives me nuts, charging for parking at hospitals. It's not as if people really want to go into a hospital, they are going there either for medical reasons or to visit friends/family...greedy opportunistic langers.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ich_verschwinde

The parking facilities in CUH are just the worst ever.. Hospitals of this size should have a high-rise car park.. If people need to go there, the last thing they need to worry about is if they'll get a parking space or not. Many of the other hospitals in Cork are the same with regard to parking!

They are very strict in Tesco for going over the 3 hour limit. I got a fine there at one stage for 40€ I think for barely going over the limit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I used work there, the parking is €11 for 24 hours. If you get a letter from the ward stating you were an inpatient you only have to pay for 24 hours of parking. The security staff will sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    I used work there, the parking is €11 for 24 hours. If you get a letter from the ward stating you were an impatient you only have to pay for 24 hours of parking. The security staff will sort that out.

Thanks, BanzaiBk. Interesting 'typo' (in bold) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

there is a cap for the parking we i used work there and we used give letters to patients going home to say they were in hospital to had to security staff to get some of a discount. though i would have to be for more than 24 hours of parking. if you park in tescos you will get clamped. as for high rise carpark planning was rejected by the residents in the estates. said it would block their view. not sure of what though the hospital?good luck with your procedure hope all goes well.

Advertisement