Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History essay --> what events led to the partition of ireland in 1920?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

lets get some points up then lads :pac: no repeating either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

no good unionist rebelion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Essay Structure:

1. Background - origins of unionism, the Parliament Act 1911

2. 1912 Home Rule Bill, Ulster Solemn League

3. Idea of partition to solve home rule problem, what was the north?

4. World War I - home rule postponed

5. Easter Rising - Rise of Sinn Fein

6. War of Independence - partition an idea again

7. 1920 Northern Ireland Act (something like that) list all terms..

8. Conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

God. I couldn't answer that question and I do history.

Our class haven't studied Northern Ireland or Unionists in any great depth, at all, really. I'm doing the Sov. and Part. green book, Dic and Democ blue book, and the Movements for Reform red book.

My teacher's a bit of a mess.

:O I'm worried now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

That question came up in 2006 and I think it is less likely to come out this year, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭conbob

ateam wrote: »
    That question came up in 2006 and I think it is less likely to come out this year, but you never know.

still in history many of the same paragraphs are used for different essays so doesnt hurt to know it. the sample papers theyve made are stupidly difficult and pick abstract topics as well so i'd go on the net and get past papers before the cirriculum change.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gaybitch

My teacher said that the NI thing, plus NI during the war, plus cultural identity etc isnt at all likely to come up this year as it came up the past two years on the trot. That said, just because it's unlikely, doesn't mean I'm any less freaked that we are disregarding it totally.

We havent done the Eucharistic Conference or Blitz Belfast. At all.

Advertisement