Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train station parking???

Options
  • 22-04-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is there parking facilities at Colbert station? Need to take an early train and no buses are running at this time.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There sure is. Its €4 at the entrance for the whole day (€1 and €2 coins only). Plenty of parking too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Yes, there is. Just be careful, you need to pay for parking as you ENTER the carpark, not as you leave. Not quite sure how much it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CoCO_

Thank you.
    I hope there will be space around 6.15 in the morning!:D

Tons.... There are limited spaces in front of the station (usually taken by the 5:30 weirdos), but lots and lots of spaces straight ahead as you drive in (95% empty at that time of the morning)

I took the 6:40 a couple of weeks ago, absolutely no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Thinking of parking here later on this evening (around 7). What time does it close at and would there be spaces around then? If not can anyone suggest or car parks. I have a meeting on Catherine Street and am not sure where to park. I've never driven into Limerick City Centre before!

• Advertisement

Not sure, ergonomics. Its a good walk from there to Catherine street, though.

At 7 there should be a good few free spaces on Catherine St. and the surrounding streets - might be easier for you (and free too)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Ok, I think I'll just have to get the bus. Although I probably have a better chance of finding a parking space than getting the bus at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Mr E wrote: »
    Not sure, ergonomics. Its a good walk from there to Catherine street, though.

Not at all!
    Come straight out of the station, down davis street, cross baker place, pass the glentworth hotel and you're on Catherine Street.

Ah I know, pox... relatively speaking!
    5 minutes walk vs. 30 seconds or less if you park closely.

Sorry to drag up this thread but it came up on google...

Anyone know what time Colbert Station Car Park closes?
    I'm getting a late train back tomorrow night, and won't be in Limerick until 10:30. I'd hate for my car to be locked in....

Anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

personally I woudl avoid parking at the back, I left a car there for a day when I had to get the train up to Dublin, the car window was smashed and robbed while I was away, and another friend of mine, the car was stolen out of the car park and found later burnt out. If theres a space at the front, I would guess that it is more secure there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think if you get a space at the front you can leave 24/7. The gates at the back close alright but I'm not sure what time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Pshan

Try ringing them - 061 418666

After a bit of thought, I decided to drive.

My reasons were (a) I had no reply here by 8am this morning :) and (b) my train was 9:50. No chance of getting a parking space in the front, and I expected that a lot of people would use the back carpark as cheap daily parking for city work. Plus I couldn't get through to the station, no matter how often I dialled. Why does nobody there pick up? I tried up to 9:10.

It was only 2h 10m from home to the Red Cow P&R - thats quicker than the train.

Advertisement