Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you close an app on an Iphone

• 22-04-2008 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I've picked the sample up on a couple of occasions at an O2 shop, I can open an app but how do you close it, theres no X in the top right corner or no close button that I've seen ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,710 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MooseJam wrote: »
    I've picked the sample up on a couple of occasions at an O2 shop, I can open an app but how do you close it, theres no X in the top right corner or no close button that I've seen ?

ahh the home button (big round button)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

cool i'll have to check it out again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the home button only puts the app to sleep or minimises it. pressing and holding the home button for 5 seconds completely closes the program.

it doesn't really matter if you just minimise a load of programs on the iphone because it can cope with a load of apps open at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

what annoys me slightly when closing/minimising apps on the iphone is that the home button minimises everything you have open.....

like if you have mail open and you follow a link, which opens in safari...u finish with that and want to go back to mail...u have to minimize everything and then reopen mail???

the guy who said it was that big round button was right, tried it again today and while it's very nice theres not much stuff you can do with it, it's not a windows mobile device for sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭masseyno9

Not much stuf you can do with it?

Have you played with a jailbroken one yet?

no just the one on display, it had a few things like callender and weather and the like but I didn't get the impression it was a device you could install any old software you like on it, maybe I'm wrong in thinking that ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when firmware 2.0 comes out you'll have the app store where you will be able to download a wealth of applications on a unjailbroken iphone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

it's not a windows mobile device for sure

Damn right it's not. Thank f**k. This is coming from somebody who ditched a Windows Mobile device quite recently.
    I didn't get the impression it was a device you could install any old software you like on it, maybe I'm wrong in thinking that ?

Yes, you are wrong. :)

You appear to be missing the point. The iPhone is an entertainment device, it's an iPod that just so happens to make phonecalls and connect to the internet. It was not designed to be an organiser or a smartphone.

And yes, you can install software on it, there is a growing selection of cool applications out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

Tom Dunne wrote: »

You appear to be missing the point. The iPhone is an entertainment device, it's an iPod that just so happens to make phonecalls and connect to the internet. It was not designed to be an organiser or a smartphone.

iPhone Version 1 is just that but iPhone Version 2 will be all that and a business phone also, I expect it will raise the bar for business phones by a mile, roll on June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

There is a Blackberry Enterprise software package coming out for it soon as far as I know.

Advertisement