Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

your personal top 5 games of all time

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

its a below par lineup, what else can i say?

you're a brave man for coming out with that list anyway :pac:

You could say nothing.

If you've nothing nice to say and all that jazz.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

noodler wrote: »
    You could say nothing.

If you've nothing nice to say and all that jazz.

pffft whats boards without a little criticism!? :D;)

pffft whats boards without a little criticism!? :D;)

A much better place?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

A much better place?

if all was good and peaceful on boards, this place would be dull, and half the people wouldnt be here. end of. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Civilisation II
    Dungeon Keeper
    Pro Evolution Soccer 3
    Resident Evil 2
    Road Rash II

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

emmetmcl wrote: »
    So if you have a problem with my choices, please specify why.

I think it's because the games are ****e. Go out and play some decent ones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

if all was good and peaceful on boards, this place would be dull, and half the people wouldnt be here. end of. :rolleyes:

If you don't like something, respond with a bit of reason, don't act like a d1ck-end of.

Some the users here wouldn't be sports game fans clearly!

noodler wrote: »
    If you don't like something, respond with a bit of reason, don't act like a d1ck-end of.

Some the users here wouldn't be sports game fans clearly!

Im not being a d1ck noodler, i was merely expressing my opinion on it.

and i play a lot of fifa/pro evo/formula 1/rugby 06 to name a few :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

So if you have a problem with my choices, please specify why.

Ah come on guys his list isn't that bad, he's a man with similar tastes to mine. Anyway here are my top 5:

1. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
    2. Daikatana
    3. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    4. Superman 64
    5. Shaq Fu

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Right.In absolutely no order cause thats too hard

Street Fighter II : Champion Edition (Mega Drive)
    Final Fantasy 7 (PS1)
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)
    Banjo Kazooie (N64)
    Tetris (Game Boy)

Honourable mention for Treasure Island Dizzy (Atari ST Version). It started my addiction, Ive lost count how much ive played the game but it can never be a favourite of mine because it cause me so much pain & tears over the years. Such a stupidly difficult game :mad: :(

• Advertisement

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Ah come on guys his list isn't that bad, he's a man with similar tastes to mine. Anyway here are my top 5:

1. Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing
    2. Daikatana
    3. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
    4. Superman 64
    5. Shaq Fu
    I will set you on fire :pac:

:eek: Dizzy!!!! how could i forget that! I only ever played one on the megadrive.... it devoured me for months!

:eek: Dizzy!!!! how could i forget that! I only ever played one on the megadrive.... it devoured me for months!
    Fantastic Dizzy wasnt that bad (still a balls to figure out though). Treasure Island was a nightmare.1 life, 1 hit kills, no saves and you could only carry 3 items at once.:mad:

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Honourable mention for Treasure Island Dizzy (Atari ST Version). It started my addiction, Ive lost count how much ive played the game but it can never be a favourite of mine because it cause me so much pain & tears over the years. Such a stupidly difficult game :mad: :(

I remember I have Treasure Island Dizzy for the C64.

After collecting all the coins all I ha d to do was make a jump onto a boat at the end to finish the game.
    I missed the jump. Game Over.

This happened to me a few times. Never did finish that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

1. Devil May Cry (the original on PS2)
    2. Dungeon Keeper (PC)
    3. Deus Ex (PC)
    4. Dance Dance Revolution (Arcade)
    5. Resi 4 (PS2)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

1. Plumbers don't wear ties
    2. the Darkness
    3. Virtual Hylide
    4. Custer's Revenge
    5. Pit Fighter

jayteecork wrote: »

After collecting all the coins all I ha d to do was make a jump onto a boat at the end to finish the game.

**** this I'm off to emulator land.

Gonna finish that ****er.

I did that 1 time aswell.Amazed the computer survived. Joystick sure as hell didnt

**** this I'm off to emulator land.

Gonna finish that ****er.
    Get the ST one.Best graphics :)

Get the ST one.Best graphics :)

It's gotta be the c64 version.

Found a free, legal download here:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/details.php?id=17409&territory=EnglishUK

• Advertisement

It's gotta be the c64 version.

Found a free, legal download here:

http://www.codemasters.co.uk/downloads/details.php?id=17409&territory=EnglishUK
    Yep. Also if you go to www.yolkfolk.com theres a load of fan games. The Oliver Twins allow people to make their own Dizzy games as long as theyre freeware :)

Yep. Also if you go to www.yolkfolk.com theres a load of fan games. The Oliver Twins allow people to make their own Dizzy games as long as theyre freeware :)

Had a quick blast there.
    Not even gonna try and work out the puzzles again - done that already. It's gamefaqs guide open alongside it, and save states.

Looks Like I'm going to beat you after all these years, Treasure Island Dizzy!

Had a quick blast there.
    Not even gonna try and work out the puzzles again - done that already. It's gamefaqs guide open alongside it, and save states.

Looks Like I'm going to beat you after all these years, Treasure Island Dizzy!
    I only beat it for the 1st time last year (after 14 years of trying :(). Took a video walkthrough & save states in the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Not really in order:

-FIFA Football 2003 (PS2)
    -Driver 2 (PSOne)
    -FIFA 09 (PS3)
    -Driv3r (PS2)
    -Resistance: Fall of Man (PS3)

at least play the first driver game, its far superior to 2 and 3. driv3r has some moments but overall, its a horrendously designed game with brutal AI. I seem to remember beating the final boss by shooting him in the head with ease from distance with no resistance whatsoever.

in fairness, i hear resistance is a decent game(the second game is meant to be excellent too), fifa 09 is very good alright and i can't recall fifa 03.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

1. UT'99/UT3
    2. Baldur's Gate 2
    3. Quake 3 Arena
    4. Left 4 Dead
    5. Super Mario Bros. 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Greyfox

1. Resident Evil 1/Resident Evil 4:
    Hard to choose the best of the series, it's always been the original as with the sequels I knew what to expect, when I first played Resident Evil their was absolutely nothing in the world like it...Resi 4 though turned out to be far better than I expected it to be!

2. Final Fantasy 7 : I still remember to this day my fist reaction to this game was to hate it...that bloody music...but then you get into the amazing story...which is by a mile the best story to a game ever and a better story than all of the many SF/Fantasy book I've read!

3. Metal Gear Solid: Superb characters and story, the most enjoyable boss fights ever and so many great twists...MGS4 was fun but rubbish compared to this monumental moment in gaming history!

4. Resi 2/3/CV/5: Actually theirs still nothing in the world like the Resident Evil series, I've got to go out and buy Resi 2 again...

5. Zelda A link to the past - Definitely the most challenging game of the series and more addictive than cocaine!

Worth a mention:
    Pro Evolution series: Real football, enough said
    Tombraider 1: Breathtaking and amazing and by far the best of the series
    Zelda: Orcana of time - To have not played this game is to have not experienced what is great about games!
    Mario Bro's (all) - The main reason computer games became so popular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

1-call of duty 4 and 5
    2-halo 3
    3-gears of war
    4-gta vice city
    5-fifa

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Mr E wrote: »
    In no particular order....

Creatures 2 (C64)
    Ultima Underworld (PC)
    Marble Blast Ultra (XBLA)
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
    Super Mario World IV (SNES)

Sir! Super Mario World isn't prefixed IV, it's not part of the Mario Bros. series. And they where prefixed 1-3, not in roman numerals.

That's more important than anything you'll read all month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 fluffy.death

In no particular order (with a somewhat fcuk you to nostalgia):

Mirror's Edge
    CoD4
    Quake 3
    Dungeon Keeper 2
    Stalker

• Advertisement

Syferus wrote: »
    Sir! Super Mario World isn't prefixed IV, it's not part of the Mario Bros. series. And they where prefixed 1-3, not in roman numerals.

That's more important than anything you'll read all month.

Actually just for being so anal it was prefixed Iv, In Japan at least.
    I also vaguely remeber the title screen on ym SNES saying Super Mario Bros IV: Super Mario World.

In other news I finally completed Treasure Island Dizzy - only took me 20 years!!

Advertisement