Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moore Street, what's up?

Options
  • 22-04-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Needed a phone unlocked today so headed down to one of the many dubious shops on Moore Street which offer such services.

However, every shop on the right side of the street (as you turn off Henry Street) was closed as far down as Lidl. Whats going on here? Have they all been bought up by a developer? Initially I had hoped so but my ma suggested that they may have been closed due to health and safety. Aspestos perhaps?

Does anyone know whats going on here?

More importantly, what are your opinions on Moore Street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

judas101 wrote: »
    Needed a phone unlocked today so headed down to one of the many dubious shops on Moore Street which offer such services.

However, every shop on the right side of the street (as you turn off Henry Street) was closed as far down as Lidl. Whats going on here? Have they all been bought up by a developer? Initially I had hoped so but my ma suggested that they may have been closed due to health and safety. Aspestos perhaps?

Does anyone know whats going on here?

More importantly, what are your opinions on Moore Street?

Yeah, big article in the papers today about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

A lot of them are probably being bought up for development (see the other thread). I know the Paddy Power shop is moving to where Trader John's pub used to be. Opinions on Moore Street? Meh, it's a street,good place to get cheap fruit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

what's up with them new shops springing up behind the fishmongers in the ilac?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

all the "dubious" shops have moved to the Moore st arcade (I think) a shopping mall under the Lidl at the corner of Parnell St

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

judas101 wrote: »
    my ma suggested that they may have been closed due to health and safety. Aspestos perhaps?
    Where do people come up with random stuff like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Victor wrote: »
    From the asbestos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

Victor wrote: »

If you took the time to read it properly you would have seen the word 'suggested' in there.

To suggest: 'Give possible reasons or ideas. These must be plausible but not necessarily correct'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

JoeSchmoe wrote: »
    all the "dubious" shops have moved to the Moore st arcade (I think) a shopping mall under the Lidl at the corner of Parnell St

Ye there all in the Moore St. Mall

Advertisement