Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do not turn on TV3...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

xzanti wrote: »
    Why did you report it?? I got it from someone elses post, and it's a public bebo page ffs...
    Whatever about reporting it, quoting it was classic. I would never have seen it if it wasn't quoted. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

Why did you report it?? I got it from someone elses post, and it's a public bebo page ffs...

Advertising your site :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

markk06 wrote: »
    Advertising your site :rolleyes:

My site?? wft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

aaaaaaaahhhhhh!!

xzanti = mica!!!!! :D;)

LOL... Feck off.. How'd that happen.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this thread has turned to utter tripe,

turned maybe always has been would be more appropriate

LOL..OMG..Loike Feck off.. How'd that loike happen.. WHAT-EV-ER...:pac:

:eek::eek: SEE!!!!!!!

this thread has turned to utter tripe,

turned maybe always has been would be more appropriate

thats because you stopped arguing with me!! :p

yeah close the fecker, im supposed to be studying here

king-stew wrote: »
    :eek::eek: SEE!!!!!!!

Roishe that's it I'm oush of here...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Well, in my absence it looks like the PC bandwagon has well and truly crashed! :)

Well done KingStew, and all the others who helped point the hypocrisys and contradictions of the Double standard crew.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭markk06

I've exposed Xanti's true identity:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Well, in my absence it looks like the PC bandwagon has well and truly crashed! :)

Well done KingStew, and all the others who helped point the hypocrisys and contradictions of the Double standard crew.

:rolleyes:

the sooner this gets closed the sooner i can go backto the photography forum for conversation with people that make sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The bold is getting seriously annoying.

Should you ever post in Fitness don't post in bold or it will be a paddling.

the sooner this gets closed the sooner i can go backto the photography forum for conversation with people that make sense

You mean, people like you?! Ya, close it up before you admit that us non-D4 heads have a point! :D
    Dragan wrote: »
    The bold is getting seriously annoying.

Should you ever post in Fitness don't post in bold or it will be a paddling.

Point taken on the bold text. I do accept criricism from intelligent people. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

The TV3 show, as originally aired, was designed to show and maximise the contrasts between the three debutants and as such worked excellently. Mica played up to her role fantastically and the editing and production of the show created an on-screen persona that, whilst fitting the role required by TV3, is quite different to her real life personality.

I don't know the other girls in the original series, but in the more recently shot piece I know the girls (inlcuding Mica) quite well and can honestly say the stereotypes they may appear to portray are not in line with thier attitudes and behaviour in real life.

It is essentially a pop-TV programme and as such is not an accurate reflection of the lives or attitudes of those on the show. It's there for entertainment and publicity. It is abundently clear that it tapped quite well into the widespread anti-"D4" sentiment that is common in Ireland and possibly a majority point of view on boards. In this regard, TV3 can view the program as a phenomenal success.

However, personal abuse, posting bebo addresses and making violent suggestions (which is, when directed a named individual, illegal may I add) only serves to identify yourself as embittered by the program and largely a vindicative move. If you don't like it, fair enough. I'd only watch it (which I didn't in the end, ended up going to the gym instead) because a family member was in it for a few seconds, not because its great television; its not. To be honest, if people seem to be getting so upset about what is essentially a largely fictional program because of the portrayal of a well-known stereotype, it reflects quite poorly on thier ability to deal with it and get on with their own lives. Sure, if you don't like it and you thought the program was crap say so, but the level of personal abuse and "bashing" just appears like people are venting thier own insecurities.

mloc wrote: »
    The TV3 show, as originally aired, was designed to show and maximise the contrasts between the three debutants and as such worked excellently. Mica played up to her role fantastically and the editing and production of the show created an on-screen persona that, whilst fitting the role required by TV3, is quite different to her real life personality.

I don't know the other girls in the original series, but in the more recently shot piece I know the girls (inlcuding Mica) quite well and can honestly say the stereotypes they may appear to portray are not in line with thier attitudes and behaviour in real life.

It is essentially a pop-TV programme and as such is not an accurate reflection of the lives or attitudes of those on the show. It's there for entertainment and publicity. It is abundently clear that it tapped quite well into the widespread anti-"D4" sentiment that is common in Ireland and possibly a majority point of view on boards. In this regard, TV3 can view the program as a phenomenal success.

However, personal abuse, posting bebo addresses and making violent suggestions (which is, when directed a named individual, illegal may I add) only serves to identify yourself as embittered by the program and largely a vindicative move. If you don't like it, fair enough. I'd only watch it (which I didn't in the end, ended up going to the gym instead) because a family member was in it for a few seconds, not because its great television; its not. To be honest, if people seem to be getting so upset about what is essentially a largely fictional program because of the portrayal of a well-known stereotype, it reflects quite poorly on thier ability to deal with it and get on with their own lives. Sure, if you don't like it and you thought the program was crap say so, but the level of personal abuse and "bashing" just appears like people are venting thier own insecurities.

ditto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Point taken on the bold text. I do accept criricism from intelligent people. :)
    Don't make the mistake of assuming someone is intelligent just because they are not giving you reason to argue with them.

The people you have branded as "poorly educated" are clearly not....you are just applying this to them because they are disagreeing with you.

Personally, i don't have any particular interest in this agument other than why it's gotten so out of hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Damn you!!! I had to shave my beard the other day for a photo shoot and i was nearly over it.

Now i miss my contemplation beard again. :(

Amid all this clawing and scratching, you all missed the oh so casual comment that Dragan was in a photo shoot... by Dragan. :D

Now we know who Carly Simon was singing about ;)

*don't beat me fitness man

mloc wrote: »
    and can honestly say the stereotypes they may appear to portray are not in line with thier attitudes and behaviour in real life.

To be honest, if people seem to be getting so upset about what is essentially a largely fictional program because of the portrayal of a well-known stereotype

Oh come on, theres only so much editing can do, the girl spoke the words herself, there was no script, even her date to the debs was making it clearly obvious how bad her attitude was, everytime she asked him something or said something to he he just gave a look!

While i understand that its possible to portray someone in a slightly different light with the use of editing, it can only go so far.

Yes the programme was succesful, thats not here nor there.

The reason the girl played up to the stereotype so well is because she is the very definition of that stereotype! I mean there are people out there who fit into this stereotype, people haven't conjured it up from nowhere, and she most definitely is one of them.

Anyways enough procrastinating. Study time.:(

Don't make the mistake of assuming someone is intelligent just because they are not giving you reason to argue with them.

The people you have branded as "poorly educated" are clearly not....you are just applying this to them because they are disagreeing with you.

Personally, i don't have any particular interest in this agument other than why it's gotten so out of hand.

NO..... I called them poorly educated because they don't know how to use "Too".

Thanks "Dragan" :p (Is that supposed to be "Dragon"...?!)

:rolleyes::eek:

• Advertisement

Oh come on, theres only so much editing can do, the girl spoke the words herself, there was no script, even her date to the debs was making it clearly obvious how bad her attitude was, everytime she asked him something or said something to he he just gave a look!

(

do you know the girl? your making alot of comments that imply you do?if you do i'd accept them. if not i'd tell you not to make assumptions. you are formulating an opinion with no backing...which is fairly useless for agrements sake

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not from Dublin chief!

And just because I have expressed my distaste for D4 people, does this necessarily mean I am a scumbag? :confused:

Also, Its "Too fat" not "to fat"...

Go back to school!

Are you still here? I could have sworn you said you were going...

As for the mistake of "to" and "too" - its one of my few English flaws, I am happy to admit. I am very well educated, but we all cant have 100% correct spelling and grammar. But, I suppose comparing myself to you - the super intelligent, super looking striking young man - located in "your ma" - then yes I must be uneducated. In general, no I am very well educated (and continue to educate in third level).
    I'd say its the sign of someone who has been educated peoperly? :confused:

Really? Clearly education fell short on your side then. Its not peoperly its properly. Go back to school!
    but of course its ok to call a traveller a knack tho yeah???? >
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....3&postcount=21

get your coat melekalikimaka

Wtf is a knack and where in that thread did he refer to travellers?!

Nope, I just don't sit around posting on After Hours all day.

NO..... I called them poorly educated because they don't know how to use "Too".

Thanks "Dragan" :p (Is that supposed to be "Dragon"...?!)

:rolleyes::eek:

they... one person is not they.

use the word too or spell it?

maybe they accidently left out the second o?

http://photographersjourney.com/2007/04/25/the-dragan-effect/

the dragan effect

your comments really aren't overly relevent. i know this wasn't either. but sure...when in rome

do you know the girl? your making alot of comments that imply you do?if you do i'd accept them. if not i'd tell you not to make assumptions. you are formulating an opinion with no backing...which is fairly useless for agrements sake

No i dont know her and yes i will say thank god, people formulate opinions with a lot less evidence, ive seen a TV program about her and I hardly think im alone in my opinion (which is all it is) but you have to admit that so many people think shes a "tosser" as she so kindly put it that something, somewhere is wrong with her personality.*

*Not that everyones is perfect before someone says it, but its courteous to make an effort at least.

Sully wrote: »

Wtf is a knack and where in that thread did he refer to travellers?!

There is answers to both your questions in this thread and the one i quoted.

No i dont know her and yes i will say thank god, people formulate opinions with a lot less evidence, ive seen a TV program about her and I hardly think im alone in my opinion (which is all it is) but you have to admit that so many people think shes a "tosser" as she so kindly put it that something, somewhere is wrong with her personality.*

people can think someone isa 'tosser' without evidence, but to agruea point based on a assumption with no backing isn't really useful to a forum discussion mate

people can think someone isa 'tosser' without evidence, but to agruea point based on a assumption with no backing isn't really useful to a forum discussion mate

whats this no evidence larky???

does an hour special on her on the TV not constitute backing?!?!?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 teamdoherty

first of all, may i just say that you all add fuel to the fire and by making an audience for these types of tv shows you give them a reason to make them. say whatever you want about the show, but all of you obviously watched it which is what tv3 and paradise pictures intended.

i'm not getting into any sort of debate but i would like to just clear up a few things.

1.) i am not a 'd4'. i am from an island off west cork and was raised in america, hence the accent. i returned to ireland to go to boarding school and sit the leaving cert so that my parents wouldn't have to shell out $50,000 a year to send me to an american college when irish ones are just as good. i now currently attend the london school of economics.

2.) i'm not fat, i have a perfectly healthy bmi and i have a healthy body image and for you to insult me on that is just immature and frankly, a little bit sad.

3.) my friend's death was a tragedy that i am still dealing with and it is entirely inappropriately for anyone to make fun of that in any type of forum. you may not approve of me using a kinks' song as a tribute to him but that is absolutely none of your business and disgusting that anyone would use that as a vehicle to make fun of me with.

4.) as for anything katie said about a particular boy 'looking like a foot', there was probably no one more angry about that comment than me, as i am good friends with the boy in question, and he is actually a very attractive man. katie had never met him when she made that comment and i was not present for that interview.

5.) my friends and i have bebo pages, as most teenagers do. they are not uncommonly lewd or inappropriate and on as bebo pages go, are actually quite tame. jana's 'boobie licking diaries' are for her a funny way to recap many nights out and posted sometimes as an embarrassment for other people, all in good humour.

that's all i have to say, i'm not trying to add more fuel to this fire, i just thought as you all seem to have so many (inaccurate) opinions of me, that i might voice the truth.

one third of the show about her

heavily edited, to clearly misrepresent the girl

so no it doesnt constitute backing

right fair enough, i dont care that much anyways, just caught caught up in arguing! :p

Teamdoherty: worst attempt at a troll ever!

• Advertisement

Teamdoherty: worst attempt at a troll ever!

i'd disagree. as i said before do you know the person well enough to be able to know when its her or not.

oh right i forgot, you based everything on assumptions

i don't know what a 'troll' is but if you don't believe it's me, i'll put my boards name as the 'mica says' thing on my bebo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

In before the lock

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

i don't know what a 'troll' is but if you don't believe it's me, i'll put my boards name as the 'mica says' thing on my bebo.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, the idea of the forum is to allow such comments be made, and nobody seems to pushed. If you have concern about any of the posts, you may speak with a moderator of the forum, Smod or Cmod. Alternatively, you can speak directly with the site owners. I suggest this be done through the Help Desk to avoid further public abuse.

I suggest this be done through the Help Desk to avoid further public abuse.

Also id suggest staying off the TV :p

Anyways who cares anymore?

I'm glad I missed this show. If you sit there and watch rubbish you can't complain.

• Advertisement

And why?

Those who were offended by comments made in this thread do.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Basically i think this whole thread is a little bit lame tbh and i don't see why anyone would want to hurt someone else's feelings like that. You don't know the girl so dont judge her. If you meet her and then don't like her, fair enough. The show was solely for entertainment purposes and as you can see it was a success. You talking about it so much is only adding to this so well done for that.
    As for myself, i thought it was a bit of fun and i dont think anyone said anything bad at all in 'revisited'. stalkin my bebo, and mica's is a sad state of affairs but go ahead, keep boosting the views! I love my photo albums, they remind me of great nights out and there is nothing vulgar about them, just fun that you obviously weren't involved in.
    Im not trying to cause trouble just get my opinion in too.
    Oh btw, when's the next boards beers?
    Jana

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

And why?

because it portrayed her in a very poor light. Came across really badly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

hmmm... this thread might get interesting

*pulls up a chair and some popcorn*

why would i stay off the tv? people like you care enough to watch it, therefore generating a demand for me to be on tv, therefore getting me paid. so in essence you fund my lifestyle. cheers.

• Advertisement

<walks away from agruement>

why would i stay off the tv? people like you care enough to watch it, therefore generating a demand for me to be on tv, therefore getting me paid. so in essence you fund my lifestyle. cheers.

haha thats fair enough!

A car crash is a terrible thing too but ya have to keep looking at that though dont you? We dont care really, this is just one thread out of thousands on AH so dont get ahead of yourselves. Ive nothing better to do today than post here and argue, im supposed to be studying all day but...well....ya know.....

I dont care if ya go on TV or not, ill probably watch it again for the cringe factor, if that puts money in your pocket so be it, but im not the one who has to live with it, your the one they recognise :)

i'm not complaining, and i don't disagree that i was portrayed in a very bad light in the 'mockumentary' but that's life. i just came here to clear up the points that i already stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Think you're going to be a star then?

No such thing as bad publicity eh?

i have no intention of being a star, this is a programme that i did almost two years ago and is almost irrelevent in my life now other than when they replay it. to be honest i don't understand why people have such a strong reaction to it. i understand that my friends and i came across poorly but the backlash of it is a bit over the top, no? it's one thing to judge what you saw on the telly (approximately 12 minutes of footage edited over a period of 3 months) but to say anything about my family life, or the death of my friend, neither of which featured in the programme is inappropriate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

For this case i feel its grossly inappropriate thats why now

I feel like ignoring your objections as their subjective, you haven't provided a single good reason other than "I know her", and you have repeatedly attacked other posters throughout the thread.

And...the posters here are basing their posts on what they saw. "slander"?! What? Take it up with the producers of the show.

Sully: "slander"? Again: back it up fast.
    As for what is and isn't acceptable in other fora: I don't give a ****.

So far all I've seen is exaggeration, and from the clips I've seen (admittedly, I have not seen the show in its entirety as I don't own a TV and it wouldn't be my cup o' tea anyway.), it falls under "fair comment" applied to members of the public who voluntarily put themselves forward and presented themselves how they chose to do so. If they were misrepresented, then I suggest taking it up with the producers of the television show or if you really feel compelled to justify yourselves to random Internet people, then prove it otherways. The BEBO page was offered as an exhibit, which if anything seems to back up (fair) comments made so far.

Take it to Feedback, lads.

Why does it appear that mostlycircles and teamdoherty are posting from the same IP address? Hmmm.
    You have the right to reply. Continue...
    May I also point out that your BEBO page does not have to be public. Like y'know...

Karoma wrote: »
    Why does it appear that mostlycircles and teamdoherty are posting from the same IP address? Hmmm. You have the right to reply. Continue...
    Lulz.

They made the bebo private before I could check out the alleged tit licking :(

Blut wrote: »
    melekalikimaka before you spend another day jumping to the defense of Mica and her circle of friends perhaps you should ask 'mostlycircles' about some of her antics with other clonkeen boys in 92 recently...

i'm all ears, pm if needed

Karoma wrote: »
    I feel like ignoring your objections as their subjective, you haven't provided a single good reason other than "I know her", and you have repeatedly attacked other posters throughout the thread.

And...the posters here are basing their posts on what they saw. "slander"?! What? Take it up with the producers of the show.

Sully: "slander"? Again: back it up fast. So far all I've seen is exaggeration, and from the clips I've seen (admittedly, I have not seen the show in its entirety as I don't own a TV and it wouldn't be my cup o' tea anyway.), it falls under "fair comment" applied to members of the public who voluntarily put themselves forward and presented themselves how they chose to do so. If they were misrepresented, then I suggest taking it up with the producers of the television show or if you really feel compelled to justify yourselves to random Internet people, then prove it otherways. The BEBO page was offered as an exhibit, which if anything seems to back up (fair) comments made so far.

Why does it appear that mostlycircles and teamdoherty are posting from the same IP address? Hmmm.
    You have the right to reply. Continue...
    May I also point out that your BEBO page does not have to be public. Like y'know...

I withdraw my comments, they can now defend themselves, i can assure you that it is definitly them Karoma

goodbye my beloved thread :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement