Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do not turn on TV3...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

we're in the same house ejit. we're best friends. we're allowed to be together.
    Lmao. I thought this thread couldn't get any better.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I withdraw my slander comment. I also withdraw my voice from this thread as the defenders are just making matters worse..

Lassies: Stop while your ahead, your making matters a lot worse for yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Manimal

i'm not complaining, and i don't disagree that i was portrayed in a very bad light in the 'mockumentary' but that's life. i just came here to clear up the points that i already stated.

You were portrayed in such a bad way that you've agreed to be in the follow up 'mocumentary'? Poor you. My heart bleeds.

No really. I do feel slightly sorry for this girl. I was nothing but a ****in eejit when I was her age but thank god I wasn't on telly. Maybe she is that bit older now and less dislikeable. Maybe she has gotten some sort of self awareness and has been able to catch onto herself.

Reading her posts I doubt it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sully wrote: »
    I withdraw my slander comment. I also withdraw my voice from this thread as the defenders are just making matters worse..

Lassies: Stop while your ahead, your making matters a lot worse for yourselves.

hey Sully your tail between your legs too? :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

i'm not complaining, and i don't disagree that i was portrayed in a very bad light in the 'mockumentary' but that's life. i just came here to clear up the points that i already stated.

I dunno, if it we're I and i had been portrayed in a bad light by any media, I would be angrified by that moreso than a bunch of randomers on 'tinterweb.

Personally I wouldn't waste my braincells on programming like this so I can't say how you came across.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

My point was that you did not make it clear who you were.

Name-calling will get you a ban. It may also get others a ban from here on in - there's a thin line. I don't want to censor opinions, baed on what they saw... just be careful.
    mostlycircles and teamdoherty: You have the right to reply, I'd suggest you use it better.
    I have removed references to other unsubstantiated rumours posted in this thread. If there are any more rumour or nonsense, I will ban you.

If you wish to flag a post that violates the charter or has crossed the line from this point on, using the Report Post function.
    ( Click the http://static.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/buttons/report.gif icon)

...ban...ban...ban....blah blah blah...ban.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

hey Sully your tail between your legs too? :D

I dont like some of the comments made here, iv made my opinion clear and the mods have the final say unless an admin disagrees with it. Thats all I can do, but the girls are defending themselves pretty badly!
    Karoma wrote: »
    My point was that you did not make it clear who you were.

Name-calling will get you a ban. It may also get others a ban from here on in - there's a thin line. I don't want to censor opinions, baed on what they saw... just be careful.
    mostlycircles and teamdoherty: You have the right to reply, I'd suggest you use it better.
    I have removed references to other unsubstantiated rumours posted in this thread. If there are any more rumour or nonsense, I will ban you.

...ban...ban...ban....blah blah blah...ban.

To be fair, they should be allowed respond to the abuse that was given to them. Its hardly fair to let them get abused and not give anything back.

I dont like some of the comments made here, iv made my opinion clear and the mods have the final say unless an admin disagrees with it. Thats all I can do, but the girls are defending themselves pretty badly!
    They're not what you'd hoped for? :)
    To be fair, they should be allowed respond to the abuse that was given to them. Its hardly fair to let them get abused and not give anything back.
    In fairness they're being given the opportunity, they started off with slandering one of their defenders though...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Ok here we go. My bebo is not on private, because i dont feel the need to hide anything. Your a sad case for wanting to even see this "tit licking".

Secondly someone is obviously making up porkies because i think id remember who i kissed and why does it matter anyway? Does no one else do that the odd night out? Humm. No one elses business anyway. If u wanna discuss that matter please pm me.

And, thank you Melekalikimaka i dont need your 'help'. I revoke the personal comment i made.

So if anyone has anything else to add, please do so now, i dont feel like wasting much more time on this forum. i joined boards.ie because i thought it was an interesting site where people could discuss common interests. I didnt think it was a gossip forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Sherifu wrote: »
    In fairness they're being given the opportunity, they started off with slandering one of their defenders though...

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't own a TV

Thats crazy talk Karoma. What do you do for entertainment at home besides boards?

Back on topic, if you agree to go on the national television you set yourself up for the public opinion. I didn't watch the show, only seen clips here and opinions from family who did see it, and from what i gathered you didn't come across well at all.

Defending yourself on a internet forum saying that isn't the real you isn't going to cut it. You had your chance to be the real you on tv. We're going see only one context to your actions.

Best thing to do is take the comments on aboard and try learn from past mistakes. If this how people viewed you on tv, it might be how next person you meet actually views you as well.

So if anyone has anything else to add, please do so now, i dont feel like wasting much more time on this forum. i joined boards.ie because i thought it was an interesting site where people could discuss common interests. I didnt think it was a gossip forum.

Why? Are you busy losing whatever shreds of self respect and dignity you have left by having more cameras follow you about?

I just KNOW that you'll be applying for Big Brother this year!

And, thank you Melekalikimaka i dont need your 'help'.

you clearly dont

<pulls up seat and popcorn>

And, thank you Melekalikimaka i dont need your 'help'. I revoke the personal comment i made.

To be fair to Mel, he (like me and one or two others) were defending you because we felt the comments made here were unfair. You should not treat those who clearly have respect for you like the way you have just done. Seriously girl, have some respect for the chap.
    i joined boards.ie because i thought it was an interesting site where people could discuss common interests. I didnt think it was a gossip forum.

Well.. thats what After Hours is.. I just felt that some of the comments were not appropriate for AH but alas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 teamdoherty

Thats crazy talk Karoma. What do you do for entertainment at home besides boards?

Back on topic, if you agree to go on the national television you set yourself up for the public opinion. I didn't watch the show, only seen clips here and opinions from family who did see it, and from what i gathered you didn't come across well at all.

Defending yourself on a internet forum saying that isn't the real you isn't going to cut it. You had your chance to be the real you on tv. We're going see only one context to your actions.

Best thing to do is take the comments on aboard and try learn from past mistakes. If this how people viewed you on tv, it might be how next person you meet actually views you as well.

first of all, you didn't see the show. stop judging me based on other people's opinions. that shows real character. i'm defending myself because there seems to be a need to be.

I WAS FILMED FOR 3 MONTHS AND 12 MINUTES OF FOOTAGE WAS CUT OUT OF THAT. how's that for 'the real me'.

when people take watching that programme as a vehicle to judge my family, my appearance and the death of my friend, that is when i defend myself.

• Advertisement

Manimal wrote: »
    Why? Are you busy losing whatever shreds of self respect and dignity you have left by having more cameras follow you about?

jana was on the programme for about 30 seconds and hardly said anything. i don't see any loss of dignity in that. perhaps more so in those who hide behind a computer in order to insult and degrade people that they have never met?

first of all, you didn't see the show. stop judging me based on other people's opinions. that shows real character. i'm defending myself because there seems to be a need to be.

I WAS FILMED FOR 3 MONTHS AND 12 MINUTES OF FOOTAGE WAS CUT OUT OF THAT. how's that for 'the real me'.

when people take watching that programme as a vehicle to judge my family, my appearance and the death of my friend, that is when i defend myself.

Once again, why are you angry with people here over this, and not TV3 for painting you in such a poor light then? People here are only reacting to what they have seen of you.

To be fair to Mel, he (like me and one or two others) were defending you because we felt the comments made here were unfair. You should not treat those who clearly have respect for you like the way you have just done. Seriously girl, have some respect for the chap.

Well.. thats what After Hours is.. I just felt that some of the comments were not appropriate for AH but alas...

thanks to you for defending me but it's not necessarily out of the goodness of mel's heart that he's doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

So you weren't happy with how the show portrayed you and your friends then?

thanks to you for defending me but it's not necessarily out of the goodness of mel's heart that he's doing it.

:p

Mel... i like that...noone calls me Mel

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Once again, why are you angry with people here over this, and not TV3 for painting you in such a poor light then? People here are only reacting to what they have seen of you.

again, the programme did nothing to display my family situation nor did it touch on the death of my friend. you all picked up on that yourself. it never said that i had money or that i was spoiled. i wore a dress that i already owned, did my own makeup and went in a taxi paid for by the production company. this is ridiculous. you are insulting me based on non-existant issues. why has no one brought up the fact that charlene (albeit a lovely girl) spent 1200 on her transportation for the night or that rita (also lovely) spent what her mother admitted was enough to by an entire arrangement of furniture in latvia on her dress? don't pick on me based on things you assumed from watching the programme. at least base your insults on fact, not fiction.

Ok here we go. My bebo is not on private, because i dont feel the need to hide anything. Your a sad case for wanting to even see this "tit licking".
    I think you'll find a lot of sad cases around so. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Where did i judge you?

Like i said, saying what you did on TV is different from who you are because you are receiving negative comments isn't going to cut it with people. If you had a problem with the cut, why did you not voice your concerns to the producer?

I have a friend who has done TV and he has seen footage before it went on air.

again, the programme did nothing to display my family situation nor did it touch on the death of my friend. you all picked up on that yourself. it never said that i had money or that i was spoiled. i wore a dress that i already owned, did my own makeup and went in a taxi paid for by the production company. this is ridiculous. you are insulting me based on non-existant issues. why has no one brought up the fact that charlene (albeit a lovely girl) spent 1200 on her transportation for the night or that rita (also lovely) spent what her mother admitted was enough to by an entire arrangement of furniture in latvia on her dress? don't pick on me based on things you assumed from watching the programme. at least base your insults on fact, not fiction.

How have I insulted you? I clearly pointed out I didn't watch the programme and asked why you were angry with people here. Otherwise not a single post in this thread.

If you feel compelled to correct matters for random internet people, may I suggest taking a deep breath and explaining/listing the facts and helping them discard the "fiction"? So far, all they have is what was shown to them. Most people can accept that what is shown in a show that lists only a few minutes is not an accurate portrayal once it's pointed out and explained to them.

Alright think what you will love. How please though, did i lose any dignity or respect? i said about three lines that were all completely normal.
    Ill accept what you just said once you explain that. and by the way, i hate big brother.

... and by the way, i hate big brother.
    Ah, see! there's hope for you yet. :)

Sherifu wrote: »
    I think you'll find a lot of sad cases around so. :pac:

Leastb you have some sense of humour i have no interest in fighting, with anyone,over nothing.

If you feel compelled to correct matters for random internet people, may I suggest taking a deep breath and explaining/listing the facts and helping them discard the "fiction"?

+1

Its an internet forum and you have made yourself a public figure so you are going to receive both positive and negative response.
    As someone who plays music and has had issues in public fora with lies and criticism before, I would recommend you deal with it by rising above it, and if there are spurious comments about you hear rubbishing them without lowering yourself to their level.

Ah, see! there's hope for you yet. :)

Yay, no hating!! Seriously though can everone just quit the personal insults, i do have feelings and im not used to being insulted by strangers online! :(

• Advertisement

We can only judge the people involved based on what was in the show.

There is a strong chance that the show portrayed you in a poor light due to the editing involved. Selectively picking scenes etc

So if the show showed you in a bad light why did you ever agree to its release. Surely you saw the show before it aired?

Yay, no hating!! Seriously though can everone just quit the personal insults, i do have feelings and im not used to being insulted by strangers online! :(

boardsies can be cruel sometimes

http://synthesismagazine.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/nerd.jpg

you clearly dont

<pulls up seat and popcorn>

Sorry melekalikimaka didn't mean to get personal. I know you said it to me but i didnt realise people could be this mean. Obviously people dont realise what its like for me and mica as they dont know the situation. thanks for what you said earlier in the thread though. Youre more involved in this boards thing than me anyway!
    Im leaving this conversation now, too much for me and just plain unneccesary. Ttyl. :)

BYE ALL!!

Cheerio!

If you feel compelled to correct matters for random internet people, may I suggest taking a deep breath and explaining/listing the facts and helping them discard the "fiction"? So far, all they have is what was shown to them. Most people can accept that what is shown in a show that lists only a few minutes is not an accurate portrayal once it's pointed out and explained to them.
    first of all, may i just say that you all add fuel to the fire and by making an audience for these types of tv shows you give them a reason to make them. say whatever you want about the show, but all of you obviously watched it which is what tv3 and paradise pictures intended.

i'm not getting into any sort of debate but i would like to just clear up a few things.

1.) i am not a 'd4'. i am from an island off west cork and was raised in america, hence the accent. i returned to ireland to go to boarding school and sit the leaving cert so that my parents wouldn't have to shell out $50,000 a year to send me to an american college when irish ones are just as good. i now currently attend the london school of economics.

2.) i'm not fat, i have a perfectly healthy bmi and i have a healthy body image and for you to insult me on that is just immature and frankly, a little bit sad.

3.) my friend's death was a tragedy that i am still dealing with and it is entirely inappropriately for anyone to make fun of that in any type of forum. you may not approve of me using a kinks' song as a tribute to him but that is absolutely none of your business and disgusting that anyone would use that as a vehicle to make fun of me with.

4.) as for anything katie said about a particular boy 'looking like a foot', there was probably no one more angry about that comment than me, as i am good friends with the boy in question, and he is actually a very attractive man. katie had never met him when she made that comment and i was not present for that interview.

5.) my friends and i have bebo pages, as most teenagers do. they are not uncommonly lewd or inappropriate and on as bebo pages go, are actually quite tame. jana's 'boobie licking diaries' are for her a funny way to recap many nights out and posted sometimes as an embarrassment for other people, all in good humour.

that's all i have to say, i'm not trying to add more fuel to this fire, i just thought as you all seem to have so many (inaccurate) opinions of me, that i might voice the truth.

that's all i have to say.

Did you see the show before it aired?

Vegeta wrote: »
    Did you see the show before it aired?
    no, and i wasn't given any editorial control. and although i was originally upset about the scenes they picked and more importantly what they left out, which would have been more in character with who i really am, they had a goal which was to make entertaining television and they accomplished that goal.

I wonder if TV3 are also to blame for their awful accents...

CAN YOU NOT READ? i was raised mostly in the states.

good day.

• Advertisement

CAN YOU NOT READ? i was raised mostly in the states.

good day.

Completely OT, I have a friend who says this who I know for a fact grew up in Kildare. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

i'm not complaining, and i don't disagree that i was portrayed in a very bad light in the 'mockumentary' but that's life.

This maybe the case but you didn’t give a good account of yourself and didn’t debunk the opinion people have of you on the revisited show. Rather you choose to give ridiculous rationalisations for your behaviour.

Still it's TV everyone here should remember that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

ah everyone in this thread is mad..... seriously....

Mica if thats you explaining yourself.... give up.... its never gonna work,, each time ya post a reply your getting laughed at.... every individual on this thread knows that TV is edited in order to get a reaction, TV3 obviously tried thier hardest to make each of you three girls fit a stereotypical group... get over it.. next time ask to see the show before you agree for it to be aired...

i really feel for you, as it is horribley unfair that you are getting this much abuse.. I personally did not favour you in the show. However i am now starting to pity you as I read your posts... Be the bigger person and let people think and say what thy want... At the end of the day you know who you are and your friends obviously respect you for what you are that is all that matters..

As a fellow beboer ;) i am well aware that your profile is no different than any other and have previously commented on this... so dont let it bug you...

btw, thought you where in UCD when the show first aired....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Yes, everyone have a good day!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

flynnc8 wrote: »
    ah everyone in this thread is mad..... seriously....

Mica if thats you explaining yourself.... give up.... its never gonna work,, each time ya post a reply your getting laughed at.... every individual on this thread knows that TV is edited in order to get a reaction, TV3 obviously tried thier hardest to make each of you three girls fit a stereotypical group... get over it.. next time ask to see the show before you agree for it to be aired...

i really feel for you, as it is horribley unfair that you are getting this much abuse.. I personally did not favour you in the show. However i am now starting to pity you as I read your posts... Be the bigger person and let people think and say what thy want... At the end of the day you know who you are and your friends obviously respect you for what you are that is all that matters..

As a fellow beboer ;) i am well aware that your profile is no different than any other and have previously commented on this... so dont let it bug you...

btw, thought you where in UCD when the show first aired....
    Pfft, do you really think that this will get you laid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Your a sad case for wanting to even see this "tit licking".
    Yes because I'm sure that you didn't want anyone to see it when you photgraphed it and put it up on the internet:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

well in fairness girls, there's a world of difference between your portrayal on the TV and the way you've defended yourselves in here, you deserve credit for that. I saw the show, I felt sorry for you more than anything, but fair play, you seem happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

again, the programme did nothing to display my family situation nor did it touch on the death of my friend. you all picked up on that yourself. it never said that i had money or that i was spoiled. i wore a dress that i already owned, did my own makeup and went in a taxi paid for by the production company. this is ridiculous. you are insulting me based on non-existant issues. why has no one brought up the fact that charlene (albeit a lovely girl) spent 1200 on her transportation for the night or that rita (also lovely) spent what her mother admitted was enough to by an entire arrangement of furniture in latvia on her dress?

Nobody mentioned the death of your friend, 1 person mentioned your tribute for some reason, anyways forget about that it was off topic.

Likewise nobody is saying anything about your material possessions whether you have any or not.

The main difference with the other girls was that they came across as lovely, you cant blame your portrayal solely on the editing, after all you gave them the material they showed, why didnt the other girls come off bad??? you think they decided to pick on you??

Stop getting caught up thinking people are saying have loads of money or are saying anything about the death of your friend, were not! The overall theme of the thread was about your childish behaviour and spoiled attitude! Charlene could have spent a million on a ROFLcopter to her debs and nobody would have batted an eyelid, because she's down to earth.

Im not tryin to take a dig at you girls, maybe youll listen to the views here and become more self aware and become a better person for it or you wont, either way it affects nobody here!

bahahaha. yeah its the editing...they took every posh, D4 sounding word they said over 3 months and dubbed them together to say exactly what the wanted them to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭flynnc8

Pfft, do you really think that this will get you laid?

Maybe if i swung that way lol :) As a woman myself I dont make a habit of trying to pull other women. i'm very much straight...

I haven't seen the show, just a piece on YouTube. I tend not to watch anything on TV3. Guaranteed they took the most "interesting" and/or "annoying" bits to portray an image that's not necessarily true. I've heard that most of the "hostility" in American Chopper is staged for the cameras.

But I will say one thing, insulting the girl is not on. I knew it was an American accent when I heard it - Mica doesn't sound like Laura Woods or anything! At least not to me anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement