Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do not turn on TV3...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

flynnc8 wrote: »
    Maybe if i swung that way lol :) As a woman myself I dont make a habit of trying to pull other women. i'm very much straight...
    Girl on girl activity is something certain heterosexual girls do just for cockteasing purposes - e.g. there were some Rosanna Davison pics which caused a huge stir in the Daily Mail. The pics featured her and her buddies snogging, fondling etc. It's not that they actually fancied each other, they were just trying to drive men mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭2-ShortDa5foot5

Lads I've just checked in on this thread again and I have only a few things left to say.

Sully I have completed a degree at third level, so don't boast to me about your participating in third level education. And no it doesn't seem you hang around boards all day posting, only at night. Well during the day I post at work, at night I usually have plans. You seemingly don't? maybe u and Mel could arrange to meet up? You both seem soooo in tune! Oh and by the way, yes I am a handsome super intelligent young man, and thank you for the compliment! ;)

Melekalikimaka, I couldn't be happier that your moral defence of this cause has ultimately backfired when the person you're defending dismisses you.... Now THAT's what you call IRONY! :)

Guess you really did fall off that high horse (Or maybe you were pushed...)!! :D Hurt much?

Also Mel, Sully and Dragan, I think you should found an army to defend the underdogs. There shall only be four main principles governing this new army (Let's provisionally call it the PC Brigade for old times sake lads! ;))

1. One shall use hypocrisy.
    2. One shall not use logic.
    3. One shall jump to the aid of anybody on whom judgment is being passed, with no reason, purpose or fact needed.
    4. One shall refer to people of a different social class of their own as 'Knacks'.

:pac::pac:Kingstew it's been a pleasure :pac:

Bye bye

No need for the trollish gloating. And why do you use Times New Roman? There's a default font - TNR isn't pleasant to read amidst a sea of Arial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Hey fat faced spoiled girl (that's not an insult it's an observation as I've seen your arms and face and that's not a normal BMI), so you disagree that your parents sending you to Ireland so you wouldn't inconvience them is a factor in you turning out so badly?

Does their bank balance make it all better ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Why don't ye all leave her the fcuk alone. This is the same as that guy with the sweet 16th party. Who cares? Turn off your computers and go for a walk ffs. If anything people who insult this girl are the real loosers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I agree with jaffahead.

Dudess wrote: »
    No need for the trollish gloating. And why do you use Times New Roman? There's a default font - TNR isn't pleasant to read amidst a sea of Arial.

Sorry if my choice of font is upsetting you, I didn't know this was a police state.... :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sorry if my choice of font is upsetting you, I didn't know this was a police state.... :rolleyes:

Please don't use the term "free speech" next. Pwease!

SDooM wrote: »
    Please don't use the term "free speech" next. Pwease!

Ehh.......................
    ...................................Free speech.

Sorry :p

Ehh.......................
    ...................................Free speech.

Sorry :p

Right thats it, I'm going to come over there and...and...

do nothing at all, really :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 tragedyman1978

I don't think that the programme was unfairly edited. Those D4 girls were spoiled, self obsessed, elitist and downright unpleasant. No amount of editing could disguise that fact. It is rather sad to think that their lives are so empty. The traveller girl was open, honest, sweet, and genuinely grateful for passing her leaving cert.
    And the Latvian girl was an amazing example of exactly how people can integrate successfully into Irish society.

What the programme really showed was the HUGE differences in parenting skills. Mica's parents rather disgracefully abandoned her from a very early age and clearly it has affected her outlook on life. She constantly raved about getting so drunk that she would need hospitalisation.

The funniest thing though was the fact that she got an A1 in English. Her written English must be spectacular because she can't speak it at all.

SDooM wrote: »
    Right thats it, I'm going to come over there and...and...

do nothing at all, really :)

:) Ahhhh da banter!

This thread has kinda died a death hasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Absolute sot programme

WAF.

;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully I have completed a degree at third level, so don't boast to me about your participating in third level education. And no it doesn't seem you hang around boards all day posting, only at night. Well during the day I post at work, at night I usually have plans. You seemingly don't? maybe u and Mel could arrange to meet up? You both seem soooo in tune! Oh and by the way, yes I am a handsome super intelligent young man, and thank you for the compliment! ;)

I was not boasting at all. You picked up a mistake in my spelling and said I was un educated. You were wrong, I am educated. Going by what you said, you also must be un educated as your spelling wasn't (and still isn't) up to scratch either (a point you seem to have ignored ;)). Hypocrisy!

I post at various stages throughout the day / night, but I dont sit at the PC 24/7 typing in random fonts and bullying people over the internet knowing that I can sit at my desk and say wtf I want because nobody can touch me.
    Melekalikimaka, I couldn't be happier that your moral defence of this cause has ultimately backfired when the person you're defending dismisses you.... Now THAT's what you call IRONY! :)

Alas, most relationships always turn sour. I think she withdrew the comment and thanked Mel for the support he (and plenty of others) have given. Also, do you not spot the Irony in anything you have said so far?! :p
    Also Mel, Sully and Dragan, I think you should found an army to defend the underdogs. There shall only be four main principles governing this new army (Let's provisionally call it the PC Brigade for old times sake lads! ;))

1. One shall use hypocrisy.
    2. One shall not use logic.
    3. One shall jump to the aid of anybody on whom judgment is being passed, with no reason, purpose or fact needed.
    4. One shall refer to people of a different social class of their own as 'Knacks'.

:pac::pac:Kingstew it's been a pleasure :pac:

Bye bye
    [/FONT]

Very mature of you. I am getting a much better understanding of what type of person you are. Very amusing though, as you are trying to insult / troll us but the opposite is happening - you are making a fool out of yourself (logic, hypocrisy - all applies to you also!) and making me split my sides laughing at you! :)

Cheere-o anyway, although I am sure this wont be the last we have seen from you in this thread (you keep coming back!)

Sully wrote: »
    I(logic, hypocrisy - all applies to you also!) and making me split my sides laughing at you! :)

Cheere-o anyway, although I am sure this wont be the last we have seen from you in this thread (you keep coming back!)

I keep coming back because you won't take your beating. :)

How exactly am I a hypocrite, PLEASE tell me?! :confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I keep coming back because you won't take your beating. :)

How exactly am I a hypocrite, PLEASE tell me?! :confused:

So, why say you are going to leave - if your going to keep coming back? Why insult my education over a spelling mistake when you clearly cant spell yourself. Its rather hypocritical to question my education because of a spelling mistake, and you tell me you are fully educated and cant spell.

Nothing personal or insulting, I dont see a problem with the odd spelling mistake. It happens, nobody is perfect. However, if someone is going to question my education because of a simple "to" "too" mistake then I will make sure to point out your mistakes and your obvious lack of education (based on what you said previously - cant spell? clearly not educated).

Withdraw the comment and apologies, and ill move on.

So, why say you are going to leave - if your going to keep coming back? Why insult my education over a spelling mistake when you clearly cant spell yourself. Its rather hypocritical to question my education because of a spelling mistake, and you tell me you are fully educated and cant spell.

Nothing personal or insulting, I dont see a problem with the odd spelling mistake. It happens, nobody is perfect. However, if someone is going to question my education because of a simple "to" "too" mistake then I will make sure to point out your mistakes and your obvious lack of education (based on what you said previously - cant spell? clearly not educated).

Withdraw the comment and apologies, and ill move on.

Okay okay...

You can spell. I'll give you that! You just don't use 'Too' properly, as you have admitted already!

However, I can spell too. "Peoperly" was a typing mistake, I can spell "Properly" correctly, as I have just proven!
    :)

Yay! No more Times New Roman - it's a pain to read and pointless. It's like using a coloured font.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

This thread has been to hell and back. It's been a journey. I'd like to think we've all learned something.

• Advertisement

Okay okay...

You can spell. I'll give you that! You just don't use 'Too' properly, as you have admitted already!

Yup and I have no problem admitting that. There/Their often catches me out also.
    However, I can spell too. "Peoperly" was a typing mistake, I can spell "Properly" correctly, as I have just proven!
    :)

Aye well don't point out other peoples mistakes if you also make mistakes :) Hypocritical, and you give out to us! :p

Anyway.. ya :/

Yup and I have no problem admitting that. There/Their often catches me out also.

Aye well don't point out other peoples mistakes if you also make mistakes :) Hypocritical, and you give out to us! :p

Anyway.. ya :/

Ya anyway indeed.... Moving on!

Epic thread.

Just read the whole thing for the first time. Doesn't beat a good night of Bingo though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 teamdoherty

if you people actually did something constructive with your time imagine what you could accomplish instead of wasting all of this negative engergy talking about diary of a debutard.

www.savedarfur.org

treat yourself.

Bonjour~?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

if you people actually did something constructive with your time imagine what you could accomplish instead of wasting all of this negative engergy talking about diary of a debutard.

www.savedarfur.org

treat yourself.

Oh dear god you are really and truly burying yourself.

Whatever way you want to look at it you came across as a bit of a spanner on the show, you seem to be aware of that yourself. You MUST have seen the show before it aired, this is the way it works, so there is no point in complaining about it after the fact.

You made the concious decision to go on the show the same way as your mate had made a concious decision to have a publically accessable Bebo account. You need to accept some responsibility for these acts and realise that if take any step that puts you in the public eye there will always be the possibility of an adverse reaction.

I was giving you a bit of credit after you said yourself that you and your mates came across very badly on the show, but blaming it all on the producers and TV3 is pointless. You had a say in what was aired and at the time you must not have done anything about it.

Finally, the Darfur thing is a pretty crass way to try and put people in there place...... in the last thread you are just as guilty of judging people as you claim they are. The moral high ground only works when you don't return the same sentiments.

• Advertisement

www.savedarfur.org

treat yourself.

I see you have completey ignored my advice about rising above it, so tbh you deserve what ye get now... unless you're secretly trollitising?

i take full responsibility for being a knob on the programme. i'm just not that different from how many people were when they were 18. i just think it's pretty pointless to keep harping on about segments of the programme that were filmed when i was that age. i'm now almost 21 and i think i came across a lot better in the revisted section. i had absolutely no editorial control, nor was i able to see the programme before it aired. of course everything that was in the programme was actually things that my friends and i had done or said, it just wasn't everything that we had done or said and there was a lot of footage of us actually being sound and down to earth that was omitted so that tv3 could portray me as the stereotype that they wanted. i'm not blaming them for that, it made for very entertaining television, i'm just saying that is how it is. for people to presume that they know me, my personality, or what i aspire to be from that programme is a bit ridiculous. i posted the savedarfur thing, because it is an important issue and since there are so many people viewing and commenting on this thread, it's a good opportunity to raise awareness. the fact is, this is a huge waste of energy, and a negative campaign, and all our time, including mine, would be much better spent on things such as that.

what is trollitising by the way?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

i think i came across a lot better in the revisted section.

Not really

what is trollitising by the way?

I don't know. What's a debutard?

• Advertisement

rovert wrote: »
    Not really

that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, and i'm entitled to mine. but at least mine aren't meant to be derogatory and hateful. i just think it's sad that we live in a world where people can't share their view without putting other people down and making unnecessary comments about their appearance or family life. although to be honest, if you have to put people down to make yourself feel good, maybe you should ask yourself what your real problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Hi. I just popped in to say that the title of this thread is good advice no matter what time of day it is.

I see it's veered wildly off-topic though, so ... Good luck with that!

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion, and i'm entitled to mine. but at least mine aren't meant to be derogatory and hateful. i just think it's sad that we live in a world where people can't share their view without putting other people down and making unnecessary comments about their appearance or family life. although to be honest, if you have to put people down to make yourself feel good, maybe you should ask yourself what your real problem is?

Have to say i agree with this.

tbh wrote: »
    I don't know. What's a debutard?

i suppose a debutante who acted like a retard, like my friends and i did in the programme. that doesn't necessarily mean that's what we're really like. take time to get to know someone before you judge them or don't judge them at all. watching them on a heavily edited television programme for 12 minutes does not count.

don't be so patronising, I was actually defending you earlier.

As for the use of debutard:

www.savedarfur.org

treat yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

snyper wrote: »
    You think thats bad?

I met a girl in a bar with the exact same accent...

I asked her where are you from.. she said .... MOATE!

FFS ! lol ....LOL !!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I personally haven’t in this thread (I don’t expect you keep track of posters btw.) It’s just that I didn’t see much personal growth or contrition in what you said or how acted in the revisited footage. I was hoping for some attempt at “damage control” by yourself and the production company due to how you portrayed yourself and the production company portrayed you respectively. I’m just taking about your public persona here.

don't be so patronising, I was actually defending you earlier.

As for the use of debutard:

sorry i didn't mean to sound condescending, i know that i used the word debutard initially, that's how they referred it on bloggarah when it first came out and that's what i've called it ever since... if other people are going to take the piss out of me i might as well jump on the band wagon. to some extent. not to the extent that people in this thread have chosen to. that is just hurtful and unnecessary. i understand that most of the really vicious stuff has been taken down, but please bare in mind that how ever i come across on television, i'm a real, live girl and i have feelings.

the whole point is, they are talking about the Mica that was on TV, not you. I know it's hard to see that tho. Like I said, I think you've handled yourself very well on this thread.

rovert wrote: »
    I personally haven’t in this thread (I don’t expect you keep track of posters btw.) It’s just that I didn’t see much personal growth or contrition in what you said or how acted in the revisited footage. I was hoping for some attempt at “damage control” by yourself and the production company due to how you portrayed yourself and the production company portrayed you respectively. I’m just taking about your public persona here.

again, i was very disapointed in the revisted portion myself. the crew filmed for an entire day and that portion was only 14 minutes between rita, charlene and myself. i had really expected to be able to have the entire show dedicated to the growth that the 3 of us have made in the past 18 months and instead decided to dedicate the hour to the old programme that everyone has seen 4 times. that interview that i did was about 2 hours and only tiny portions were showed. again i have no editorial control and did not have a chance to see it before it aired. although even if i had, i have absolutely no say in what they put out. i had agreed to do the programme to share my side of the story and unfortunately i was given ample time to do so.

• Advertisement

the whole point is, they are talking about the Mica that was on TV, not you. I know it's hard to see that tho. Like I said, I think you've handled yourself very well on this thread.

thank you very much.

no problem - one thing tho, drop the charity thing. didn't work for Heather Mills either :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

no problem - one thing tho, drop the charity thing. didn't work for Heather Mills either :)
    I liked Paris Hilton's effort at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Ok here we go. My bebo is not on private, because i dont feel the need to hide anything. Your a sad case for wanting to even see this "tit licking".
    Then why make them publicly accessable?

2-ShortDa5foot5, I have a third level degree in banning people who use annoying fonts and continue to do so when asked to stop.
    Please stop using annoying fonts.
    I also have a third level degree in cosmotology and man united fc.

i take full responsibility for being a knob on the programme. i'm just not that different from how many people were when they were 18. i just think it's pretty pointless to keep harping on about segments of the programme that were filmed when i was that age. i'm now almost 21 and i think i came across a lot better in the revisted section. i had absolutely no editorial control, nor was i able to see the programme before it aired. of course everything that was in the programme was actually things that my friends and i had done or said, it just wasn't everything that we had done or said and there was a lot of footage of us actually being sound and down to earth that was omitted so that tv3 could portray me as the stereotype that they wanted. i'm not blaming them for that, it made for very entertaining television, i'm just saying that is how it is. for people to presume that they know me, my personality, or what i aspire to be from that programme is a bit ridiculous. i posted the savedarfur thing, because it is an important issue and since there are so many people viewing and commenting on this thread, it's a good opportunity to raise awareness. the fact is, this is a huge waste of energy, and a negative campaign, and all our time, including mine, would be much better spent on things such as that.

My point to you is, it's not ridiculous. All people have seen of you is what is contained on that show. Now you attack them, and their image of you is re-enforced.

This isn't an attack, this is someone giving you a bit of advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Ciaran500 wrote: »

Where is that ? ICeland =?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

i'm a real, live girl and i have feelings.

Pinnociella? Giuseppe has been looking for you.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭marylou82

I dont know why everyone is STILL harping on at the poor girl.

ok she came across bad, we all laughed and slagged the D.4 girl, it was all great fun.

but come on, nobody is perfect.. let it go!!
    make love not war:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

She was an absolute muppet...truth must be told.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Ciaran500 wrote: »

That looks cool and all but hold on a minute was there actually any necessity to cross where he did.
    20 yards down the crevasse seems to disappear- couldn't he just have crossed there.

Advertisement