Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Citreon Xsara Picasso advice please

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi,
    We are thinking of changing our car to a citreon xsara picasso, we have looked at a few and quite like them. we are looking at a 1.6 petrol either a 2002 or 2004 and was wondering if anyone knows what these cars are like on fuel consumption,. ...... would they be an economical car to drive, we currently have a 1.4 focus estate.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 PauloToole

You won't get information like that on Irish websites.

All you get is a bad photo and a dodgy price.

I wonder why it is that so little actual used car information is available.

I have checked some of the "Leading" websites

New Car Brochures....that's it

I guess they don't want you to know what you are getting yourself into.

My advice is check out www.usedcarexpert.com

You can get guides to all makes and models including the Citroen that you are interested in.

I dont know if you have to pay for it.

I use it all the time to fix my rustbucket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

www.parkers.co.uk is good for MPG figures.
    For the Citroen Xsara Picasso: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Summary.aspx?model=141&page=3

Around 37-38 MPG according to them for the petrol. 55MPG for the diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

if you are going for a picasso then get a diesel - best diesel engine around many will tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 BIRDCAGE

thanks for the advice paulotoole, i had a look at usedcarexpert and it looks good, theres no cost to get the guides you just need to register first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Buy a diesel, or you'll never get rid of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement