Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Secret

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Anybody read this, can you summerise it in two sentences, read the back and it was all this will change your life and give you all the answers etc etc, I'm sure it's a load of tosh

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Should you really criticize a published work with a post like that? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Dades wrote: »
    Should you really criticize a published work with a post like that? :p

yeah, she should

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

and before you point out the obvious, i know you were

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭co_co

I didnt heard of this, where can i read this?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I watched the DVD - some people swear by it and attribute their success to it. I was kind of accepting of some of their principles but sceptical at the same time.

I do believe that the universe provides though - same as Christian idea "consider the lilies in the field, they neither reap nor sow..." etc. sorry bible quoting not my forté. No need to worry as what you desire will come to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I saw it on DVD Format... its complete tripe in one sense and just common sense on the other.
    The basic premise is. if you have positive thoughts, believe in yourself and believe that something is going to be yours, then the universe will bend itself to your will.
    Such as going for a promotion. Believe the job is already yours and you just go through the motions believing you have the job etc, the universe will make it happen.

Thats rubbish...
    However.. if you do have that attitude, you will come across as confident and sucessful to other people and you are more likely to get what you want. The Universe is not bending reality to suit you, you are influencing other people with your confidence and bearing so in that sense, its actually not a bad idea to read it or watch the DVD. Just do not believe in the mystic side of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭AJG

Thats strange I knew nothing about the book/DVD. But I pretty much guessed it would be something to do with positive thinking/outlook. Is that such a secret? I thought this kind of thing was common knowledge?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

My mother gave me that book telling me it was the best thing since sliced bread.

Turned out to be trite, repetitive, americanised crap.
    I'll admit to not reading it all, I couldn't stomach it.

As for it being something new, only if you came down in the last shower.
    It's a self help book, many have been written over the last few decades and this is just churning out the same stuff that has been written before. Better written too I'm sure.

Avoid at all costs!

Advertisement