Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sending alloy wheels to the UK

Options
  • 22-04-2008 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hi

i need to send a set of alloys to the U.K., anybody know of a company that i can use that doesnt charge an arm and a leg!!

Thanks
    fabio

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

most companies will have a weight/size guide on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

ninty9er wrote: »
    most companies will have a weight/size guide on the net

& most of those companies charge about 140 Pounds

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Drop cormie a PM, he runs a courier service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i got four large wheels with tyres on them recently from the uk,UPS delivered them and it cost 50euro,not sure if the supplier had a deal with them or if they subsidised it or what

landydef wrote: »
    i got four large wheels with tyres on them recently from the uk,UPS delivered them and it cost 50euro,not sure if the supplier had a deal with them or if they subsidised it or what

it seems to be easier going in from the UK to Ireland rather than Ireland to the UK

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    Drop cormie a PM, he runs a courier service.

cheers , will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

bazz26 wrote: »
    Drop cormie a PM, he runs a courier service
    turbo wrote: »
    cheers , will do!

The ferry alone to the UK will cost about £380 return for a Transit, so he'd want to have quite a bit of stuff going over there with your wheels to beat the prices you've been getting so far. But no harm in asking anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Hi, just saw this thread now, thanks for the recommendation Bazz, but as phutyle has pointed out, my costs would be too high to be able to compete, my value comes into play when it's a full van load going over (apartment move and that kinda thing) or something large and valuable like an upright piano (that I'm sure the likes of DHL would refuse) or that is urgent, as I go direct from the pick up location, straight to the ferry, straight to the destination so we're talking same or next day (ferry and travel time dependent) delivery with no extra travel in between like doing other drop offs etc :)

found this company

http://www.paisleyfreight.com/

£60 from their depot in Dublin to the UK....great price!

Advertisement