Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No dimensions on elevations?

• 22-04-2008 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I submitted my planning application during week and got it back with a few small changes to be made. Most of these are grand but one of the things mentioned was "no dimensions on elevations". I've never seen dimensions marked on elevations before and not sure how they could even be shown? The floor heights and hollowcore details are shown so I'm not sure what else he means. Have tried to get onto the planner but no luck so far, wondering if anyone here can help?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

westisbest wrote: »
    I submitted my planning application during week and got it back with a few small changes to be made. Most of these are grand but one of the things mentioned was "no dimensions on elevations". I've never seen dimensions marked on elevations before and not sure how they could even be shown? The floor heights and hollowcore details are shown so I'm not sure what else he means. Have tried to get onto the planner but no luck so far, wondering if anyone here can help?

Thanks.

Height of building, eaves & ridge.

That should cover it!

Hope this helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeah the above would be about right.

Dont forget to include the height of any annexes or projections and if you want to be extra sure stick in the window heights also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 899 ✭✭✭bauderline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭250882

Most LAs are happy if you put the heights on the sections only but to be safe its usually better to put dimensions on the elevations aswell. Its drawing protocol that only vertical dimensions be shown on sections and elevations. and make sure that you show dimensions and not levels (seems stupid but I have had an application invalidated because I put in levels for the ridge, eaves and floor levels even though the ground level was still 0.00)
    and dont forget to show your finishes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

westisbest wrote: »

Thanks.

I would have thought it would be a requirement to show the dims on elevations: was on site in Fermanagh on Monday where the query from the planners was that the elevations on site were exceeding the ones submitted.

X tonnes of 814 on the way:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

Some planning authorities require overall lengths to be indicated on the elevations too in addition to heights. Totally against drawing protocol but try reasoning with local authority staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Sure, some LAs have asked for north points on elevations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

I heard of a case where an LA asked for every single house type , in a multi unit developement , to be drawn up scale 1/100 with its orientation to north / norh point indicated .

Waste of paper .

Q - "which way is North?"

A - "don't know , I'm not from around here"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No doubt, 5 copies also.
    I would refuse, and just send them the site map, if they couldn't read it then they hav no place makig planning decisions

+1 to all of the above
    but I think everybody that does applications on a day to day basis knows that theres no argueing with an invalidation. Give them everything they ask for to keep them happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

250882 wrote: »
    +1 to all of the above
    but I think everybody that does applications on a day to day basis knows that theres no argueing with an invalidation. Give them everything they ask for to keep them happy.
    Give them everything and more. We just had an application returned here today for something so f***ing stupid. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Slates

smashey wrote: »
    Give them everything and more. We just had an application returned here today for something so f***ing stupid. :mad:

Why was it refused ???

Slates wrote: »
    Why was it refused ???
    Temporary bench mark was omitted from site layout. The FFL was shown.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Slates

smashey wrote: »
    Temporary bench mark was omitted from site layout. The FFL was shown.

Ouch !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,324 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Ouch me arse. Thats something that should never be omitted from the application drawings.

No excuses smashey - pull your socks up.

Or your trousers as in the Donegal Town case :D

muffler wrote: »
    Ouch me arse. Thats something that should never be omitted from the application drawings.

Or your trousers as in the Donegal Town case :D
    Are you Mr Perfect :D
    mm07-240x240wm.jpg

I had one sent back once because I forgot to put north on the OS map :mad:

muffler wrote: »

It wasn't me. I just have to clear up the mess.:mad:

Just finishing an application to be lodged tomorrow, been at it since 9 this morning (and all week) I gotta get somebody else to take a look over it before it goes in because Im fried.
    I know its gonna come back because its one of those aqward ones. A retention for external ground works and because its all under ground theres no elevations only sections.
    I just hope that for once the person validating looks at the drawings and doesnt just say "oh no elevations thats invalid!!!"

Advertisement