Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OZ Visa Quick Question

• 22-04-2008 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey Lads,

Im off on my travels in 2weeks but im not getting to Oz until August.

I will probably get the working visa even do im not sure if i will work yet what is the best website to get it and should i get it straight away.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

You can apply directly with Australian Immigration on their website ... http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/working-holiday.htm

Few years since I did it but i remember I had my application approved within 12hrs. Once approved you have 1 year to activate it , then 1 year to work/travel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Hey Lads,

Im off on my travels in 2weeks but im not getting to Oz until August.

I will probably get the working visa even do im not sure if i will work yet what is the best website to get it and should i get it straight away.

Thanks

You should definetely get it right away- as far as I know you cant get a WHV once you are in Oz and it has to be applied for in your home country. This is to stop broke backpackers just showing up in Oz looking for work and then getting stuck there.
    You're much better off with a WHV if you're not sure if you're going to work-at least if you have one it gives you the option to work if you decide to rather than wishing you had one and then not being able to work.
    Get it quick though, time is running out !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 denismulcahy

Hi Ratm,

How long does it take to get one do you know?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

They quote 48 hours and its all done over the web and email. You have to apply for it before entering OZ but you can apply for it from any country. Once you are approved you have one year to activate it(enter the country) and then you are allowed stay for one year from the date you entered the country.

If I was you I would apply for it before you leave Ireland, as you have th year to enter the country and at least you know you have everything sorted for your arrivial and you can leave document copies (hard and soft) at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Yeah 2 days should do the trick, allow for four just in case but their supposed to be pretty efficient. A lot more so than when I went, it took 4 weeks back then.

You be best off doing it from here and sorting it before you go as you have a full year to enter Oz before the visa actually starts ticking.

Personally though Id recommend a NZ WHV over Oz ( having done both ) but horses for courses....

• Advertisement
Advertisement