Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stick from the missus over GTA?

• 22-04-2008 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Right well the girlfriend has heard me talk about GTA 4 once or twice and I have owned up to looking things up about it on the net quite a few times over the past couple of weeks....I have also let slip my excitment about it!

Well shes not been overly impressed and has so far kinda shrugged off my anticipatin with a kinda "jesus how sad is that?!" reaction.

I dont mind this so much but Im now worried that Ill be in the bad books soon enough as I enevitably want to spend some time with GTA over the next couple of weeks...and less time with her

Ha its sad Im thinking about this i know but Im seriously thinking of taking a couple of days holidays in a couple of weeks time on the sly and spend the whole time on the couch in front of GTA!

Anyone else have a similar problem?!!

Yours sincerely

26 year old "who hasnt grown up"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Trapattoni wrote: »
    ....but Im seriously thinking of taking a couple of days holidays in a couple of weeks time on the sly and spend the whole time on the couch in front of GTA!

Respect!

What if you bought her her own copy? No, that probably won't work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Yeah live with my gf and have devised a plan to get rid of her.
    She was a little short for her holiday and was not going away so I put 300 towards it.
    She is leaving Monday 28th for two weeks and does not know I have 2 weeks off too.

Sad I know but I had to confess to someone:-)

24 year old with too much time on his hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Tails142

seek professional help imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,944 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I dont mind this so much but Im now worried that Ill be in the bad books soon enough as I enevitably want to spend some time with GTA over the next couple of weeks...and less time with her
    Shouldn't you be busy managing the Irish team? No wonder we're shíte if you're playing GTA all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

heymcflyx wrote: »
    She was a little short for her holiday and was not going away so I put 300 towards it.
    She is leaving Monday 28th for two weeks and does not know I have 2 weeks off too.

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I have read on boards this year....I bet you were dyyyyying to tell someone about that!!! Brilliant....

If only they knew how much some guys love "computer games"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

So.....the game will cost only 60e, but enjoying it will cost 5 times that!!!! NICE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Question posed by GF while watching the GTA ad on TV yesterday;

"Can I watch you play when you get GTA?"
    "Course."

<3 :pac:

ShaneU wrote: »
    Shouldn't you be busy managing the Irish team? No wonder we're shíte if you're playing GTA all the time.

Eh I dont start officially until the 1st of May, Did I say i was taking two days off in a couple of weeks ? eh I meant to say the 29th and 30th ...Ill buy Euro 2008 and start working on tactics the following day

So to summarise...Im 100% dedicated lads

ps. dont tell the missus I was here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Omg... You're my hero!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

shrugged off my anticipatin with a kinda "jesus how sad is that?!" reaction.
    Probably less sad than the celebrity gossip magazines she probably reads.
    "Ooh some C-list nobody from an unpopular soap just got a boob job, I can't wait to get this home!" <-- sad
    :pac:

• Advertisement

"Course."

Haha Why did she not push the boat out?

" Can I play too, when you get GTA?"

..... oh yeah thats why ....."No"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Zonda999 wrote: »
    So.....the game will cost only 60e, but enjoying it will cost 5 times that!!!! NICE

Well it keeps her happy. All I would be hearing for the next two weeks is god Im so bored. Anything to keep her happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

"Course."

We play as a "team"

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Use her disapproval towards you playing the game as motivation to go on the MOTHER of all killing sprees. That'll soon have you in your happy place. Just keep the killing to the virtual world....m'kay.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭superweld

should be a great laugh picking up hookers then beating the crap outta them for your money back with the missus watching. she can bring you cups of tea and then you can give her a smack :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Slip some rohypnol in her Tea,That'll free up a few hours ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

You sir are an absolute fukking legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

My solution works best

3 weeks coming close to the release date, i did the following

T-21 days - bought a surround sound for the 360
    T-14 days - bought a mini fridge
    T-7 days - bought a bolt for the inside of the door of the spare room.

Booked a week off work. Got my fridge for beer, a stack of cash for take away food for a week and locked myself in so that the missus can't bother me. Couch or floor will work perfect for sleeping, but who needs sleep if you've no job to do for a week? :D:D

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Elem

My solution works best

3 weeks coming close to the release date, i did the following

T-21 days - bought a surround sound for the 360
    T-14 days - bought a mini fridge
    T-7 days - bought a bolt for the inside of the door of the spare room.

Booked a week off work. Got my fridge for beer, a stack of cash for take away food for a week and locked myself in so that the missus can't bother me. Couch or floor will work perfect for sleeping, but who needs sleep if you've no job to do for a week? :D:D

VR!

I'm scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Jackabo wrote: »
    Slip some rohypnol in her Tea,That'll free up a few hours ;)

Typical Jackabo LMFAO. I predict that Jackabo will survive on nothing but a diet of Buckfast and animal sounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Have GTA4 booked in Smyths, but also have a DS lite booked for herself.

She'll have to leave me to it after that. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Have GTA4 booked in Smyths, but also have a DS lite booked for herself.

She'll have to leave me to it after that. :D:D:D:D

You're a genius! lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I don't have any elaborate schemes I'm afraid. I told the wife yesterday that I've book next Tuesday off work and when she asked why I said "It's got absolutely nothing to do with the release date of GTA 4", at which point she just sorta rolled her eyes.

My love affair with my consoles has been a long running "issue" in our marriage, so she's pretty used to it at this stage. She's vaguely aware of GTA from the types of disapproving things you hear about it in the mainstream press, so I'll just need to make sure I don't feed her disapproval by beating up prostitutes while she's in the room or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I recently took voluntary redundancy so until I get a new job have too much time on my hands. Cant decide if I want to pick the game up at midnight yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭murfo

its under her radar at the moment, at least until she finds out that i'm off next tuesday and wednesday. though through complete coincidence, i have to take the car for its nct on tuesday, but not til 5pm so i'll have a whole days worth before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Tonyh8su

Wow I must be lucky. My g/f actually bought my 360 for me for my 21st! She also bought me a Wii last Xmas and is in fact excited for me that GTA is finally coming out. (6 days might I add). U might think I'm a lucky boy- but trust me you havent heard her moaning yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ive been a very good boy lately, early to bed, no booze etc etc.

she thinks ive changed/grown up, i say its the calm before the storm

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

I am not mentioning names at all but ...

we got an email off a lady who wanted us to cancel her husbands order because she felt he would disappear for a few weeks like he did when San Andreas came out. They apparently have a child and she is adamant he won't be staying up all night playing it as he too has booked a week off work for it. Funniest thing was apparently he was hoping to time arrival of the child around SA so he would have a few days off to himself at the time. :D:D:D

Obviously we did not cancel the order but if you are from South dublin with 2 kids and a really annoyed wife it could well be you ;)

( Could well be a wind up too but still made us laugh )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

"Course."

You sir, are a very lucky man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Told my gf Gta was coming out soon. Her response “Great, suppose I wont see you for two weeks" I don’t think she was a happy bunny.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Man, I can totally relate to you guys.

No wait, that's not true at all ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

well i got savage abuse when i told the missus i was buying a ps3 on friday and gta on tuesday. she wanted a new floor for the kitchen and new tiles in the bathroom instead.

there was only going to be one winner there in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Roar wrote: »

did you go for the cream or the blue tiles? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

did you go for the cream or the blue tiles? :p

:D

My only concern is having a bit of smoke ready for tuesday:D

21yr old SINGLE male!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Roar wrote: »
    well i got savage abuse when i told the missus i was buying a ps3 on friday and gta on tuesday. she wanted a new floor for the kitchen and new tiles in the bathroom instead.

I work in a tile shop, come up and i'll sort you out! I'll take the price of the ps3 and GTA off, then she'll have nothing to be annoyed about!

EDIT: My GF has grown to accept my computing ways, although i dont think she'll have ever seen me this bad before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I work in a tile shop, come up and i'll sort you out! I'll take the price of the ps3 and GTA off, then she'll have nothing to be annoyed about!

EDIT: My GF has grown to accept my computing ways, although i dont think she'll have ever seen me this bad before!

ha ha cheers dude!

i have GTA paid for on gamesnash.ie, i think i'm just going to buy the PS3 without telling her, put it where the PS2 is now and hope she doesn't notice the difference..

Man, this thread is brilliant.

If only the other halves knew we were discussing how to get-round/pacify/occupy/ignore them they'd lose the rag altogether.

Either that or we're all just a little bit sad.

I know I am - Had a nightmare last night that I went to collect my pre-ordered GTA and there were none left. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

koneko wrote: »
    Man, I can totally relate to you guys.

No wait, that's not true at all ;)

Having never met or seen you, you could look like the back of a bus but your other half is a lucky lucky guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well my wife actually plays COD4 online with me and loves it, so I thought "Cool, I'll let her know GTA IV is out soon and we can pre-order".

Turns out we play too much COD 4 as it is :eek: and GTA IV isn't coming to my house for the time being :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Well my wife actually plays COD4 online with me and loves it, so I thought "Cool, I'll let her know GTA IV is out soon and we can pre-order".

Turns out we play too much COD 4 as it is :eek: and GTA IV isn't coming to my house for the time being :(

Grow a pair, would you? What would Niko Bellic do? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

hooray i'm not alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

jasonorr wrote: »
    Grow a pair, would you? What would Niko Bellic do? :D

Hmm which would I rather, play GTA IV on my own or play jigeddy-jigeddy with my wife? Wife wins, no contest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

hooray i'm not alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Hmm which would I rather, play GTA IV on my own or play jigeddy-jigeddy with my wife? Wife wins, no contest :D

That doesn't even come into it and you know it, if it does you're whipped! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

This GTA is gonna be as good if not better than Secks. therefore you can go a few days with Mrs. Palmer and her 5 slutty Daughters. Get GTA actually get 2 (If you have 2 consoles) and then see what she says when she starts playing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

....you could look like the back of a bus ...

:eek::eek::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

well, I *never*
    lol :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Guaranteed RRoD all round.

po0k wrote: »
    Guaranteed RRoD all round.

Wash your mouth out this instant. Everyone touch wood somewhere.....Oi not that kind of wood.....:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement