Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stick from the missus over GTA?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Brilliant some great solutions to a problem that has existed since the dawn of gaming ie the game or girlfriend conundrum

Well my other half doesnt even live in the country so i dont think she will be able to bother me too much as play till my fingers bleed and i have the wrists of 90 year old at the age of 24 :eek:
    Personally i would choose her over the game if i REALLY had too, unless i could get her to perform certain acts while i played :D but i think that would be pushing it a bit

Some of ye guys are seriously whipped, when your first get with a girl you should let her know who's boss and that from time to time there are things you'll want to do!!.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Some of ye guys are seriously whipped, when your first get with a girl you should let her know who's boss and that from time to time there are things you'll want to do!!.:p

You single by any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jenjen

KdjaCL wrote: »
    We play as a "team"

kdjac

Yeah I'm the navigator and I even bought you the XBox360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Fs grow some balls man !!! ...... whip your wanger out in a circular motion while jumping up and down shouting "Ug Ug" as you slap it against your womans forehead reminding her who the dominant species is while beating your chest with the empty Gta box !!!!
    If It works PLEASE let us all know !!!

If not then we'll all get to play once Holly Oaks,Eastenders,Emmerdale,Holby City,Coronation Street,desperate housewifes & the 10 o'clock news is over ........ like the most of us :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Yeah feck this, we have put up with enough of this pop idol/american idol/rihanna/home and away ****e for long enough. Its time for some violence sandboxing to balance it out. On Tuesday i live again.

Vegeta wrote: »
    You single by any chance

As i said 2 pages back, yes i am, but any time i've had a GF i've let her know from the start that i'm not a 24/7 fella. If ye all do the same then ye'd have had no problems now!!. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

As i said 2 pages back, yes i am, but any time i've had a GF i've let her know from the start that i'm not a 24/7 fella. If ye all do the same then ye'd have had no problems now!!. :D

it's also probably the reason we have girlfriends..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Well the gf isn't my problem as shes a gamer herself so she "understands". No, its the college projects & exams coming up that will have my GTA time limited :\

*grumbles*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

i'm not a 24/7 fella.

By any chance do you go by the name Shirley at weekends?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

My wifes buying me my copy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Great news lads, just got 28 days sick leave from work last week
    so there aint gonna be any issues with GTA4

HAPPY DAY :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Roar wrote: »
    it's also probably the reason we have girlfriends..

No ye have GF's because as of April 2008 things have gone well with someone, i had one too up until Feb 2008, it's just the way things go, and i'm single to coincide with the release, regardless ye'r all easily lead by your GF's, a real man does'nt need permission to play a game;)
    stevenmu wrote: »
    By any chance do you go by the name Shirley at weekends?

:pac:

No sorry i was refering to time with a GF, unfortunately you seem to be hoping i'm some tranny that you seemed to have slept with sometime going by your comment. Unfortunately i'm not a man who goes by Shirley at the w/end, hopefully you find him though!!:)

It's funny how defense all the fella's are getting, maybe ye should be like that with your GF's and play the game if ye want!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

a couple of weeks ago, after convincing the mrs that taking a day of annual leave to go to a wedding of someone she works, (and who I don't know,) would be a waste of an extra day we could spend on holidays.

Although suspicious of my reasons, she agreed. Score me, no boring wedding.
    Now there's no way I can take a day of for GTA without facing her gorgons fury, to play a "toy"

I have of course booked a day off from work, this will necessitate getting up in the morning, putting on the suit and pretending to go to work. Pop off to the shops picking up the game and going home after she's at work.

Then I'll have to dissappear at 4.30, come home, pretend I've just picked up the game and worry about that missing leave day at a later day.

This game better be worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

A-Trak if your Mrs tracks the number of days you have had off from your annual leave allowance then you are either working for her or have a serious problem m8 :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

A-Trak wrote: »
    a couple of weeks ago, after convincing the mrs that taking a day of annual leave to go to a wedding of someone she works, (and who I don't know,) would be a waste of an extra day we could spend on holidays.

Now there's no way I can take a day of for GTA without facing her gorgons fury, to play a "toy"

I have of course booked a day off from work, this will necessitate getting up in the morning, putting on the suit and pretending to go to work. Pop off to the shops picking up the game and going home after she's at work.

Then I'll have to dissappear at 4.30, come home, pretend I've just picked up the game and worry about that missing leave day at a later day.

I love it. Reminds me of a stunt myself and my friend pulled a couple of years ago, run on the exact same lines, though that was when we were in secondary school and he had just gotten FIFA Road to the World Cup 98.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Haha, if your life was a soap opera, she would end up coming home at lunch time with some lad from work she's having an affair with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭lafors

Question posed by GF while watching the GTA ad on TV yesterday;

"Can I watch you play when you get GTA?"
    "Course."

<3 :pac:

Smelly that must have been your "imaginary" girlfriend ;)
    or you could be like that redneck on the discovery program that said this about his blow up doll,
    "I loves inanimate objects" :P

Trapper, I'm 29, married, and get that all the time from the boss!
    "Bad books"??...........get married and you'll be in them for the rest of your days.....get used to it ;)

I have to say I'm lucky though, I work shift work and am off until next thursday and the mrs is in NY for work for the week, beer and gta4 HELL YEAH

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

a real man does'nt need permission to play a game;)

It's funny how defense all the fella's are getting, maybe ye should be like that with your GF's and play the game if ye want!!:D

QFT.

Just use the "this is what you do with your spare time, and this is what I do with mine. I don't hassle you, you don't hassle me' line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

lafors wrote: »
    Smelly that must have been your "imaginary" girlfriend ;)
    I've seen her, she's real! She's also the person who bought him his 360. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Ive put in 8 hours in the last day and a half and we have already had some arguments :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

X-Calibre wrote: »
    Haha, if your life was a soap opera, she would end up coming home at lunch time with some lad from work she's having an affair with!

He'd probably be off somewhere playing it too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I thought it was just me who had girlfriend-Xbox 360 issues! I work from home, so taking a day off for GTA can be done and more importantly, gotten away with!

Silverfish, if I said that to my girlfriend she'd reply "I wish I had the free time to spend all day playing childish computer games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I've seen her, she's real! She's also the person who bought him his 360. :eek:

I'd say its
    yore ma

Sorry couldn't resist, with it being my 1000th post

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    She's also the person who bought him his 360. :eek:

And his PS3 :p.

Her only downside is that she isn't C500's mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Well since I started up the thread I have'nt so much as mentioned an x or a box so shes a little unawares about how ive been thinking the past few days...

Jesus lads I just had to tell someone...I watched the IGN review this morning..........well it looks alright doesnt it? i mean it looks really alright? ...... it looks %$£*"^%£ amaaaaazing!!

Shes gonna be wondering why im in such a good mood tomo, she'll be wondering where I am on Wednesday and and she'll be wondering why I dont want her over to my place during the week??

This week will be ok though, She'll HAVE to understand but as much as this thread is to have a bit of a laugh ... I honestly believe theres gonna be a few mood swings about me about playing GTA too much WHY? Because I know I WILL be playing it toooo much, I know that Ill be secretly agreeing with her that its a bit of a waste sitting home for so long playing with my new "game"...Its not gonna stop me!

I have a new plan....Im going to buy her a surprise gift - A relaxing day in the Spa - it will be very pricey but any lads with a longish time other half will now the amount of brownie points this kind of thing brings...In fact I reckon it'll gaurantee me at least a month solid gameplay without moaning....after that Ill have to look into staying up mad hours at night while shes off asleep!

Yours sincerely

Giovanni Trapattoni

Trapattoni wrote: »
    Well since I started up the thread I have'nt so much as mentioned an x or a box so shes a little unawares about how ive been thinking the past few days...

Jesus lads I just had to tell someone...I watched the IGN review this morning..........well it looks alright doesnt it? i mean it looks really alright? ...... it looks %$£*"^%£ amaaaaazing!!

Shes gonna be wondering why im in such a good mood tomo, she'll be wondering where I am on Wednesday and and she'll be wondering why I dont want her over to my place during the week??

This week will be ok though, She'll HAVE to understand but as much as this thread is to have a bit of a laugh ... I honestly believe theres gonna be a few mood swings about me about playing GTA too much WHY? Because I know I WILL be playing it toooo much, I know that Ill be secretly agreeing with her that its a bit of a waste sitting home for so long playing with my new "game"...Its not gonna stop me!

I have a new plan....Im going to buy her a surprise gift - A relaxing day in the Spa - it will be very pricey but any lads with a longish time other half will now the amount of brownie points this kind of thing brings...In fact I reckon it'll gaurantee me at least a month solid gameplay without moaning....after that Ill have to look into staying up mad hours at night while shes off asleep!

Yours sincerely

Giovanni Trapattoni

My hat is off to you sir!

We don't have to pretend we went to work or make excuses for playing GTA. The girlfriends need to play GTA too. After all, we are taking part in the "cultural event of the week". Think I am waffling? That according to the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/leading_article/article3818477.ece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

....after that Ill have to look into staying up mad hours at night while shes off asleep!

at least now i have a comeback whenever she calls me a loner for this behaviour!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

silvine wrote: »
    We don't have to pretend we went to work or make excuses for playing GTA. The girlfriends need to play GTA too. After all, we are taking part in the "cultural event of the week". Think I am waffling? That according to the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/leading_article/article3818477.ece

From that article:
    The latest games designed for the Sony Wii console can even force players to break sweat.

Clearly an expert opinion!:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Its like your reading my mind !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Yours sincerely

Giovanni Trapattoni

Ya couldnt have gotten your strategy more wronger...:D

Ya should have built up to a complex and unexplainable depression stating you needed time alone to consider where your life was going and what you wanted for the future..... by the time youre "prepared to accept herslef as part of your future" (in about two weeks) you'll be a hero:).

• Trev M wrote: »
    Ya couldnt have gotten your strategy more wronger...:D

Ya should have built up to a complex and unexplainable depression stating you needed time alone to consider where your life was going and what you wanted for the future..... by the time youre "prepared to accept herslef as part of your future" (in about two weeks) you'll be a hero:).
    Haa, good one :P

Just told my woamn il chat to her tomoro when we head to the pub to watch the utd game. got tomoro off work!! Thing is i won't really be chatting to her during the match...too glued to the tv, And after il be at home playing more gta :D (no s*x for a month gaurenteed lol)

Ah well there needs to be sacrifices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 drgonzo20

I dont have the same problem as most of you guys. Ive even caught my girlfriend checking out the IGN review. Im sure she cant wait to play it too. At least it'll get her off COD4 for a while. She even went and bought her own xbox yesterday.
    The only thing I have to worry about now is moving house. I have to be out by the end of the week and I have nothing done.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

heymcflyx wrote: »
    Yeah live with my gf and have devised a plan to get rid of her.
    She was a little short for her holiday and was not going away so I put 300 towards it.
    She is leaving Monday 28th for two weeks and does not know I have 2 weeks off too.

Sad I know but I had to confess to someone:-)

24 year old with too much time on his hands.

300 bills well spent buddy, I had the week booked off, then just changed it too tommorow, now I cant even do that as I HAVE to work gutted....
    and whats more .... I have to entrust the purchase of the game with the wife as I wont make it back to the shop in time(sweatin)!!

fidsta is the gamer tag if any1's up for a rattle when I eventually get round to playing it!!

Advertisement