Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista 5 alarm - seperate keypad.

Options
  • 22-04-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I have a scopetronic vista 5 alarm which I installed in my house 15 years ago. I have the alarm panel under the stairs. I am looking to buy and install a seperate keypad unit inside my hall which I wired a year ago when house renovations were taking place. Is it possible to get a generic keypad unit which will work with the Vista 5 as it is an old alarm.

If not can anyone recommend an alarm system which I can get to replace my main unit whilst keeping all my wiring & sensors in place.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

any vistas that ive changed out i used hkc 8/12. another similar panel is the cs-350 by aritech both would be compatable with most sensors but it would depend which way the house was wired. i might be able to source a vista 5 rkp as my old boss is doing a lot of upgrades at the moment and i might get my hands on a second hand one.......not sure about a spurious keypad but ill check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 19 brosmi

Thanks a lot. Let me know if you can get a RKP. I would even take 2 as I installed my sisters alarm and she is also looking for one. If I dont get one and opt for a HKC would you know where I could get one from. Im out near Blackrock/Sandyford. I used to get all my gear in Allied Alarms many moons ago in Donnybrook but they are gone now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i have a lad lookin into the vista rkp......if i could get one it would be second hand but in good condition. if you do decide to go with the hkc pm me and ill give you the prices we sell them at(work in an electrical wholesalers)but im on the northside so might not be worth the trip. ill let ye know if he can get me one:)

Advertisement